Cornwall's first visit to Oldham

Roger and Out

Cornwall RLFC, latest addition to the Rugby League family, come to the Vestacare Stadium for the first time this coming Sunday, April 24. Keep an eye open every day this week for all the pre-match content on the Roughyeds' website and on the club's social media platforms. We need the two league points on offer, but we also need -- more than ever -- your support at the turnstiles and your vocal support during the game.  Come and watch our talented full-back Owen Restall, whose three tries at Rochdale confirmed his position as Betfred League One's top try scorer to date. Well done Owen, keep up the good work ! 

• Like 4

Get those pasties ready …good luck, I still want to see you finish second and promoted.

I get more love on this site than I do on the hornets site at the moment.

There are approximately 920 hate posts on there all aimed at me, all from the same poster!

He/she is not one of yours eh?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Get those pasties ready …good luck, I still want to see you finish second and promoted.

I get more love on this site than I do on the hornets site at the moment.

There are approximately 920 hate posts on there all aimed at me, all from the same poster!

He/she is not one of yours eh?

Not us, Anita. You’re always welcome here. When you say approximately 920, I assume you mean 919 - you being the other one they let in… for now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Didn't live in Tin Town did you Anita?

call that living……took my life in my own hands walking through to get to the turnstile.

If you had two ears on tintown you were a cissy.

Mate who lived round there had the police round, they said he had been reported as paying his rent…the police wanted to know where he had got the money from.

Another bloke qualified for the mexico olympics in the sprints….nobody in Britain  could do 100 meters faster than him…the Gas Board said.

• Haha 2

I remember walking through Tintown to the turnstiles, after catching one of the special buses from outside the Electric House, when I was a kid, and, as has already been said, it's always good to hear from Anita. But hey, let's get this thread back to back to the Vestacare Stadium tomorrow and the Oldham v Cornwall game. Come and give Roughyeds a cheer and reserve a special one for our fullback Owen Restall if he scores a try to add to the NINE he's scored in our four league games so far which make him the league's top try scorer to date. Welcome Cornwall by all means, but please don't run away with the idea they are a team full of novices. Ex-Super League man Anthony Mullally is there, plus three DR players from Bradford and two loan lads from Wigan, like us.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

call that living……took my life in my own hands walking through to get to the turnstile.

If you had two ears on tintown you were a cissy.

Mate who lived round there had the police round, they said he had been reported as paying his rent…the police wanted to know where he had got the money from.

Another bloke qualified for the mexico olympics in the sprints….nobody in Britain  could do 100 meters faster than him…the Gas Board said.

Anita, I'm somewhat intrigued. Someone on the Hornets forum has suggested your name 'Anita Bath' is a non-de-plume! Well this suspicious and over-active mind of mine is wondering if that is true , particularly when you relate 'blokey' stories like climbing over walls & mates with rent arrears dealing with the police . 

Could it be you are really a bloke in disguise? Is Anita Bath very nearly an anagram of A Tin Bath? Are you an ex-Hornets second-row forward from days gone-by in disguise?

I get the impression most of my fellow Roughyeds on here see you as that nice lady from over the hill, hence the complimentary comments recently. Just my enquiring mind doing somersaults, please do confirm either way when you get a second, I would love to be proved wrong!!  🙂

I am definitely that nice lady from over the hill and have enjoyed entertains many Oldham fans over the years! Which is why A…nite …a bath.

Go for it you yeds….soften up those pasties for us next week.  I agree…they are no WWRs and not to be taken lightly.

We might e top of league for a few hours but we all know we have had a soft schedule to date. The real test is yet to come.

• Like 2

First half was good and we controlled the game . Second half was poor and we gave away some very sloppy tries. Was quite impressed with Cornwall and they were light years in front of West Wales

Ridyard and Astley were excellent again as was Whittel.  Both new lads really struggled to get into the game. Would really like Hartley to get a run at centre as he looked really promising last year. Kian Morgan has been very good at left centre every game he's played.

Massive game next week in Donny away. Play like the second half and we'll get battered.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I am definitely that nice lady from over the hill and have enjoyed entertains many Oldham fans over the years! Which is why A…nite …a bath.

Go for it you yeds….soften up those pasties for us next week.  I agree…they are no WWRs and not to be taken lightly.

We might e top of league for a few hours but we all know we have had a soft schedule to date. The real test is yet to come.

Thank you, I feel better for knowing that 🙂

I went. Was I disappointed slightly. Especially when a couple of waterhead dads said their first team would beat both teams. 

I think that sums where we are in the rugby landscape of oldham.

Good to see Martin Murphy yesterday so that's a plus.

I look at where we are and where I think we should be and that's depressing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clifford said:

I went. Was I disappointed slightly. Especially when a couple of waterhead dads said their first team would beat both teams. 

oldham as a sports town is finished, the latics might not survive at all.

the rugby club is just about amature level and skint, in its present format it will just get worse.

i predict that boundary park will be a concrete jungle in three years.

oldham is the eigth  worst council in england, says a lot of the state of this once great town

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, clifford said:

Talks cheap from the Waterhead dads. I watched them in the standard cup final and no,they wouldn't beat Oldham. The Waterhead dads are probably glory supporters ie- Leeds, Wigan etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tandle said:

oldham as a sports town is finished, the latics might not survive at all.

the rugby club is just about amature level and skint, in its present format it will just get worse.

i predict that boundary park will be a concrete jungle in three years.

oldham is the eigth  worst council in england, says a lot of the state of this once great town

Your right about the town mate, its knackered. But there are probably other towns in the same boat. 

• Like 1