Match thread: Championship Rd 9. Bradford v Featherstone Rovers. Monday 25th April 2022.

marklaspalmas

10 hours ago, haskey said:

Being almost 80 I didnt go to Odsal but watched it on PS at my son in laws . My main gripe was this 6 again. Not being able to hear or see the 6 again from the Ref. I was at a loss when one was given and only twigged when the tackles changed back to nil. With SL you can hear the chime of 6 again, but not so in the championship which is a shame.

Does anyone else feel the same

Yes I agree with that in general athough last night it was easier to keep up as Bradford were awarded a repeat set at tackle 4 or 5…...

• Like 1

Weird game from the ref. Bradford seemed to get some decisions until they drew the scores level and then the ref switched to give Featherstone the decisions. Happened a few times especially first half. Seemed the classic evening up the count we often see.

Either way, Featherstone didn’t need a helping hand from the ref. Bradford actually had some good attacking shape and bombed a few tries in good position. Probably is we can’t afford to do that most weeks never mind against Featherstone. 

Agreeing with the comments about mics and making it possible to hear the calls of the ref. It’s often funny to watch a game back at home and realise the laying on you were going crazy about was actually called as surrender / dominant so the tacklers rightly had longer to clear. 

That ruins the fun of blaming the pantomime villan though doesn’t it haha.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

we seem to have a habit of falling off a little in the 10 minutes or so before and after half time when we are resting our main middles.

I do think we'll raise our game when we play Leigh again though (and they will too, of course).

agree PH but think that will happen to all teams that's why   I like JD coming off the bench with his intensity in defence and attack and the introduction  of cuthbo at that time will always help

The best part of playing leigh again is looking at our current squad barring injuries we will be able to pick a better stronger 17 than the one that beat them at home 

• Like 1