Whitehaven at home on Sunday

spanishknight

Not the greatest performance of the season,but still looked like we were never in danger of losing the game to a competitive Whitehaven,don't no what the attendance was but looked small must be disappointing to the chairman that we are 3rd in the league and not getting bigger crowds which the knights deserve compared to York City who are struggling in the second tier of non league football and getting nearly 4000 to games.

• Like 2

Just now, Puk said:

Not the greatest performance of the season,but still looked like we were never in danger of losing the game to a competitive Whitehaven,don't no what the attendance was but looked small must be disappointing to the chairman that we are 3rd in the league and not getting bigger crowds which the knights deserve compared to York City who are struggling in the second tier of non league football and getting nearly 4000 to games.

Agree wholeheartedly. Scratchy in parts- a win's a win.  Hope the Haven fan who abused young Ogden gets his cummupence. Tough game next up at Barrow but feel the kneets will pinch it. Who got MOM Today? Jordan played his heart out YET AGAIN. Chris Clarkson played like an 18 year old. Could have gone to a few.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Congratulations on the win, had to listen on the radio and sounded a competitive game, well from what I could hear, could mainly hear the guy behind the commentary shouting about everything 😂

probably fordy😒

• Haha 1

Patchy performance. Thompson great alongside his other back rowers. Kirmond seems a lot fitter this season. Good on him.  Thought Harris deserved his MoM - completely outshone O’Hagen. Is the latter injured again as he seemed to be hobbling a bit? While his try was great, we need far more from our star half back than running at the line once all game. Second half he only seemed to touch the ball to deliver an up and under….we were back to 5 drives and a kick again. Is Marsh carrying a knock as well as he’s not running like he used to?  Still think young Levi is our biggest threat with ball in hand out of all our backs. Yes he makes mistakes as he is only 18, but you expect something to happen whenever he’s in possession. 

• Like 1

Whitehaven didn't make it easy today, and if I'm honest I didn't think either of our half backs got involved enough to control the game, even Harris drifted in and out, though he was good when he was involved.  Thought Marsh was his usual self, supporting the runners and looking for the gaps, but today they weren't there for him to exploit. 

For all that a win is a win, and even this early in the season, the league table looks very promising. The next 3 games will be the true test of where we are.

Can't quite believe what I'm reading on here about our halves.

Have a listen back to Jimmy Elston's analysis of the game and the influence Liam and Brendan were having yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, andyacko said:

Have a listen back to Jimmy Elston's analysis of the game and the influence Liam and Brendan were having yesterday.

Think some of our fans expect too much from some players Andy, if they were perfect they would be in super league, I'm happy with how our seasons going, your always going to have the odd dip in form but we won, Fordy will let them know it wasn't good enough.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, andyacko said:

Have a listen back to Jimmy Elston's analysis of the game and the influence Liam and Brendan were having yesterda

Thought our halves both had good games today going to be a tough call who plays at Barrow with Ellis fit again.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Puk said:

Thought our halves both had good games today going to be a tough call who plays at Barrow with Ellis fit again.

Play all 3 of them again, worked against Widnes.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Ground out the win without really clicking, but it’s a vital 2 points and it takes some effort to nil a team in a half of rugby.

No attendance given again - I’m going for 1500 ish. A bit disappointing really, that’s 5 league wins on the bounce and we are in 3rd. In previous years we’ve done armed forces day, LGBT day, retro round etc. This season it seems we pushed the Fev game and then not much since. I’m hoping with a full off season the new owner will come up with ideas and make match day more of an experience. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

No attendance given again - I’m going for 1500 ish. A bit disappointing really, that’s 5 league wins on the bounce and we are in 3rd. In previous years we’ve done armed forces day, LGBT day, retro round etc. This season it seems we pushed the Fev game and then not much since. I’m hoping with a full off season the new owner will come up with ideas and make match day more of an experience. 

Was thinking just the same earlier today. I seem to remember Kinghts having the odd presence in the city centre as well. Need to do something to grow these crowds. I know quite a few older supporters who have given up due to the hassle of getting tickets. And before anyone says it isn't a problem, it is to someone in their 70s or 80s who has spent decades handing over their money on the gate. 

Almost gave up myself, but caved and bought season tickets instead, which was a struggle from a money perspective.

Edited by JonT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Was thinking just the same earlier today. I seem to remember Kinghts having the odd presence in the city centre as well. Need to do something to grow these crowds. I know quite a few older supporters who have given up due to the hassle of getting tickets. And before anyone says it isn't a problem, it is to someone in their 70s or 80s who has spent decades handing over their money on the gate. 

Almost gave up myself, but caved and bought season tickets instead, which was a struggle from a money perspective.

This was our talking point on the way home after the match. York has a great history of rugby and there were many popular local leagues in the past. Don't know the answer. Would love to see the LNER packed to the rafters. Need to think outside the box. Bring a mate, bring a date can only work once; need additional ideas and attractions. I'm sure the kneets would be open to suggestions as to how to increase footfall. UTK

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonT said:

I know it could be problem for people who don't have the internet and not keen on paying on line with a card,but you can buy tickets on the day doesn't seem to stop supporters going to see city on Saturday hope the knights can attract more supporters to the games or we weren't be able to compete with team's at the top end of the championship.Would be nice to hear from the chairman on the issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Ground out the win without really clicking, but it’s a vital 2 points and it takes some effort to nil a team in a half of rugby.

I really loved doing those games and making each home game a unique event when I was involved. I hope the club can bring those back in some capacity next season - AFAIK the RFL said not to do them this year as they were going to organise special rounds across the whole division, which ultimately never materialised.

Anyway, keep an eye out for a few special things happening at the Halifax game on May 22nd, for a cause very close to my heart, and rugby league in general... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I really loved doing those games and making each home game a unique event when I was involved. I hope the club can bring those back in some capacity next season - AFAIK the RFL said not to do them this year as they were going to organise special rounds across the whole division, which ultimately never materialised.

Anyway, keep an eye out for a few special things happening at the Halifax game on May 22nd, for a cause very close to my heart, and rugby league in general... 

are you not involved anymore mate?

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, DEANO said:

are you not involved anymore mate?

Just a fan now mate. Joe Smith took over media duties at the start of 2021 in a full time role and is doing a brilliant job.

I was only ever a volunteer, but I'm proud of the small part I played in helping the club turn it's image around and restore credibility in 2017, and grow it's engagement in 2018-2020.  A top Championship club demanded a full time commitment to take the media side to the next level, and Joe was in a much better position than me to facilitate that. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

Just a fan now mate. Joe Smith took over media duties at the start of 2021 in a full time role and is doing a brilliant job.

I was only ever a volunteer, but I'm proud of the small part I played in helping the club turn it's image around and restore credibility in 2017, and grow it's engagement in 2018-2020.  A top Championship club demanded a full time commitment to take the media side to the next level, and Joe was in a much better position than me to facilitate that. 🙂 

Thought you did an outstanding job

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

You did a great job Gav. Undoubtedly a crucial part of the team that created a buzz around the place that, ultimately, facilitated our escape from league 1 anonymity or even worse. It's not just about what happens on the field, what happens off the field is equally as important. You helped build a family feeling to the club that, sad to say, i don't think is there any more.

I take my hat off to you 🤠 and thank you for all your efforts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2