Corey Norman joins Toulouse until end of the season

2 hours ago, Tony Angelino said:

Toulouse should really make a play for Anthony Milford or some young-gun NRL halfback like Ezra mam or Jayden Sullivan who maybe fancy 12 months in the south of France over the NSW cup.

Zero chance with Sullivan , he’ll be a central figure for the Dragons and is on a long contract accordingly 

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

I suppose it depends what shape he's in and what he has done since the NRL season finished last October. 6 months is a long time if he has been in retirement mode with no pre-season.

He did trials….

Looks like a desperate throw of the dice by Toulouse, signing someone who was retired and will be well off the pace for some time, at a point where they desperately need to win games very soon to stay in touch with Wakefield and Salford, currently on six points.

7 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Looks like a desperate throw of the dice by Toulouse, signing someone who was retired and will be well off the pace for some time, at a point where they desperately need to win games very soon to stay in touch with Wakefield and Salford, currently on six points.

They've been looking for someone to replace Johno for a while. He seems willing and able. If you have a suggestion for an alternative then I can give you Sylvain's number.

24 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Probably what Fev are thinking about Johno Ford at the moment. Apart from the desperate need to win games that is.

23 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Dont you have a club to support. Every word you say show that you dont like toulouse. Boring 

26 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That’s exactly what it is irrespective of who Toulouse sign now.

29 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Why do they need to stay in touch with Wakey and Salford? They just need to finish 11th

21 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They've been looking for someone to replace Johno for a while. He seems willing and able. If you have a suggestion for an alternative then I can give you Sylvain's number.

3 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

Dont you have a club to support. Every word you say show that you dont like toulouse. Boring 

How dare anyone have an opinion, eh lads?

It’s a desperate attempt at staying in touch with those above them and looks it, by signing someone who hasn’t taken the field for close to eight months and retired in December. They need results asap and players up to the pace, Norman is unlikely to be anywhere close to the level required at Super League level. 

1 minute ago, kiggy said:

Why do they need to stay in touch with Wakey and Salford? They just need to finish 11th

You’d have to imagine that a club the size of Leeds rhinos will eventually get its act together leaving Wakefield and Salford to fight it out with Toulouse in a relegation dog fight.

8 minutes ago, Tony Angelino said:

That’s exactly what it is irrespective of who Toulouse sign now.

Yep how is that a bad thing? The whole league structure and relegation threatens Toulouse's future. Of course they should act.

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

How dare anyone have an opinion, eh lads?

It’s a desperate attempt at staying in touch with those above them and looks it, by signing someone who hasn’t taken the field for close to eight months and retired in December. They need results asap and players up to the pace, Norman is unlikely to be anywhere close to the level required at Super League level. 

He didn't retire, he just lost his NRL contact and took time out. He was on $600,000 this time last year.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

He didn't retire, he just lost his NRL contact and took time out. He was on $600,000 this time last year.

Corey Norman says otherwise:

However after 228 NRL games and one Origin for Queensland, the controversial playmaker confirmed to yktr.sports that he would hang up the boots.

“Yeah I was just like na I’m not even keen to play anymore hey,” Norman said on yktr.sports.

“I was just over it so I thought just call it a day.”

Norman was linked with the Knights and the Super League, but ultimately was content with what he has achieved in the sport over his 11-year career.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/just-over-it-corey-norman-retires-from-footy-despite-interest-to-play-on/news-story/356589c59f934869beef6bf28180920f?amp/

4 hours ago, Tony Angelino said:

Toulouse should really make a play for Anthony Milford

I think the Milf's just signed with Newcastle Knights and is looking to resurrect his NRL career.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived