Corey Norman joins Toulouse until end of the season

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I think the Milf's just signed with Newcastle Knights and is looking to resurrect his NRL career.

I’m not upto date with all the latest Milf’s coming and going’s but I thought he had signed for south’s before the NRL bosses put it on ice?

Has Milf signed for newcastle on a longterm contract because I heard he could be a target for the new NRL franchise Redcliffe dolphins?

4 hours ago, Tony Angelino said:

Toulouse should really make a play for Anthony Milford or some young-gun NRL halfback like Ezra mam or Jayden Sullivan who maybe fancy 12 months in the south of France over the NSW cup.

You're getting the hang of things on here, I see. Whatever anyone does, they should do something else instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

This was after he wasn't given a contract at the Dragons despite being one of their top earners. I would imagine at the time his pride was hurt and he was disillusioned. 

• Haha 1

I don`t mind them signing Norman he`s a class act on his day but just can be lazy sometimes and he`s a bit light between the ears, but if that coach is as good as everyone thinks and he can get Norman to focus, he could be a winner. They only have to avoid relegation after all, not win the Super League, this year anyway.

Norman at his best reminded me of Darren Lockyer, smooth running five-eight with a classy passing and kicking game, the only problem no one has ever been able to unlock it consistently out of him, let`s hope the challenge of helping Toulouse stay up is the motivational tool required to unlock that. And at least he`s not completely shot like a Peirce.

As long as they only play him if he's committed and performing it'll be fine, if he's come across for a holiday then let him holiday and be a backup - don't persist with him just because he's signed.

Bit odd that they’ve just announced the signing given he’s been unattached since the start of the year, when Toulouse knew they were going to be light without Ford. You’d have thought they’d have wanted him in earlier. If he’s only just decided he wants another crack, I hope he’s up for it physically and mentally and not for a jolly

In his last season or two in the NRL, I quite often felt that he struggled to affect games and just tended to let them pass him by. He is a silky talent though and has a lovely passing game and left boot on him.

I'm rather looking forward to seeing how he acquits himself. Best of luck to him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fantastic signing, key half back position for Toulouse, over 200 NRL games, recently turned 31, played state of origin in 2019, had both NRL and Super League offers for 2022 but decided to take a bit of time out of the game similar to Jamie Lyon before arriving at Saints.

Bless 🙄

16 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fantastic signing, key half back position for Toulouse, over 200 NRL games, recently turned 31, played state of origin in 2019, had both NRL and Super League offers for 2022 but decided to take a bit of time out of the game similar to Jamie Lyon before arriving at Saints.

Similar to Jamie Lyon coming to Saints… who was 23 , at the top of his game winning multiple awards at Parra , Grand Finalist , Kangaroo tourist , Origin regular  etc etc 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Similar to Jamie Lyon coming to Saints… who was 23 , at the top of his game winning multiple awards at Parra , Grand Finalist , Kangaroo tourist , Origin regular  etc etc 

Jamie Lyon was four times the player Corey Norman is, the clue was in Lyon`s knick-name " killer".

Norman`s got plenty of ability but not a fraction of Lyon`s focus and drive, but don`t get me wrong, if they can get him focused he could be a real good signing.

• Like 4

Norman isn't renowned for being Mr Consistent, but there is no doubt that on his day he is a class player. If he wasn't he wouldn't have played Origin nor secured the types of deals he did with Brisbane, Parramatta and St George Illawarra. 

Yes there is a risk in Toulouse signing him that he won't do much, but honestly it's not like they are flying high at the moment and that this signing could derail them. The reality is with only one win so far in the season and numerous close losses they need to try something and hey Norman maybe enough for them to suddenly win matches like last week's against Hull KR.

• Like 2

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

11 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Lyon took time out of the game before coming to Super League, both played origin.

Ali & Joe Bugner both took career “timeouts” but like Lyon & Norman that’s where the similarities ended.

• Like 2