Zak Hardacre

Just now, LeeF said:

Reads like he was on his last chance and, for whatever reason, blew it

I think it's just an extension of what happened earlier in the season. He's got a young son (only 1 or 2 years old) and is only spending a small amount of time with him and his family as he moved in Wigan to reduce the commute. For any other player I think Wigan would have allowed them to leave at the end of last season, but because Wigan gave Hardaker another chance that he arguably didn't deserve and invested in getting his personal life sorted they felt entitled to play hard ball and only allow him to leave on their terms (which is understandable).

Obviously the issue has come up again in recent weeks and the situation is now seen as unworkable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So now down to Bibby who can’t pass and a mixture of backrowers to play centre.

I mean we signed a centre in the off-season, we just haven't played him at centre yet. Not that I was massively enthused by the signing of Iain Thornley but I think we should be playing him in his preferred position now Zak has gone.

We've also got Halsall who was impressive against Wakefield and is a natural centre.

But yes, I share the concerns about now being more reliant on Bibby at centre which he's clearly not suited for, or having back rowers play there.

• Like 1

Can’t see any Super League clubs taking the risk on him. Leeds, whilst they may have injuries, have been burnt before, as have Cas. I can’t see Wakefield or Huddersfield signing him and I can’t see him travelling to Hull and back. I reckon he’ll end up at Fev. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I think it's just an extension of what happened earlier in the season. He's got a young son (only 1 or 2 years old) and is only spending a small amount of time with him and his family as he moved in Wigan to reduce the commute. For any other player I think Wigan would have allowed them to leave at the end of last season, but because Wigan gave Hardaker another chance that he arguably didn't deserve and invested in getting his personal life sorted they felt entitled to play hard ball and only allow him to leave on their terms (which is understandable).

Obviously the issue has come up again in recent weeks and the situation is now seen as unworkable.

I agree, especially so as you add a new coach who perhaps is happy to let him go too

Hardly sounds like the'ave run him out of town and he needs to be hung drawn and quartered

Hardaker, who signed in May 2018, has left the Club with immediate effect, which enables him to return to his family base in Yorkshire to pursue career opportunities closer to home.

People forget he asked for this last season but because he had a year left on  his  contract wigan said NO

• Like 1

Just now, Jughead said:

Can’t see any Super League clubs taking the risk on him. Leeds, whilst they may have injuries, have been burnt before, as have Cas. I can’t see Wakefield or Huddersfield signing him and I can’t see him travelling to Hull and back. I reckon he’ll end up at Fev. 

I don't think Leeds were "burnt" by him. 

Presumably we can buy a centre? For now, even Thornley would be useful. I would also play Halsall there again, you never know. After the semi, we should be able to experiment with the side without fear of relegation or pressure of winning anything, so an ideal chance for Peet to plan for the future. It’s a shame KPP is out, as he has all the attributes to be a great player. 

3 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I mean we signed a centre in the off-season, we just haven't played him at centre yet. Not that I was massively enthused by the signing of Iain Thornley but I think we should be playing him in his preferred position now Zak has gone.

We've also got Halsall who was impressive against Wakefield and is a natural centre.

But yes, I share the concerns about now being more reliant on Bibby at centre which he's clearly not suited for, or having back rowers play there.

Yeah I know Halsall has showed some promise but it’s a big ask to come in after a handful of appearances and play centre for the remainder of the season.

Thornley is a championship level outside back,I’d rather we’d have kept Hankinson to be honest,at least he can kick goals.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah I know Halsall has showed some promise but it’s a big ask to come in after a handful of appearances and play centre for the remainder of the season.

Thornley is a championship level outside back,I’d rather we’d have kept Hankinson to be honest,at least he can kick goals.

I don't think Thornley is that bad but he's not top quality. I think he only went down to the Championship because he has another job (electrician I think) so he could afford to go part time. Lower Super League standard based on his career so far though but he may do okay with some quality around him.

I would say Hankinson is at exactly the same level. Championship to bottom of Super League standard but his goal kicking does offer more value.

Not a lot of quality available at centre but we messed up a bit by going for quantity of player who can cover centre rather than signing a good centre.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's a rather rubbish statement. It says nowt apart from Radlinski saying they are disappointed with how it has ended. 

Is it just that they are so frustrated/ angry with how it has all turned out that they have had enough and didn’t want to get into a he said/ they said argument?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

Is he yet to manage a game without being injured?

51 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's a rather rubbish statement. It says nowt apart from Radlinski saying they are disappointed with how it has ended. 

I can't read it, the Wigan website crashed ! 

• Like 1

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

24 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Is it just that they are so frustrated/ angry with how it has all turned out that they have had enough and didn’t want to get into a he said/ they said argument?

But they haven't said he has been disciplined, or his contract terminated, or anything. Just he is leaving and they are disappointed. 

• Like 1