Zak Hardacre

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But they haven't said he has been disciplined, or his contract terminated, or anything. Just he is leaving and they are disappointed. 

Isn't this often the way though dependent on the agreement reached, especially when it's mutual? Club statements from all clubs, very rarely give the level of detail or answers that fans look for.

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

Isn't this often the way though dependent on the agreement reached, especially when it's mutual? Club statements from all clubs, very rarely give the level of detail or answers that fans look for.

Normally I'd expect there to be at least a comment on how/why they have left, even if only through euphemism, though.

1 hour ago, EagleEyePie said:

I mean we signed a centre in the off-season, we just haven't played him at centre yet. Not that I was massively enthused by the signing of Iain Thornley but I think we should be playing him in his preferred position now Zak has gone.

We've also got Halsall who was impressive against Wakefield and is a natural centre.

But yes, I share the concerns about now being more reliant on Bibby at centre which he's clearly not suited for, or having back rowers play there.

Beat me to it.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Can’t see any Super League clubs taking the risk on him. Leeds, whilst they may have injuries, have been burnt before, as have Cas. I can’t see Wakefield or Huddersfield signing him and I can’t see him travelling to Hull and back. I reckon he’ll end up at Fev. 

Firstly the commute to Hull from Pontefract is nothing approaching traversing cross Pennines on the M62 twice daily, and secondly do Fev really need him at the cost he would probably demand.

29 minutes ago, Damien said:

Pretty much this. The fact that they get in that they're disappointed is a level of detail you don't normally see even.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

It appears that its between Leeds and a championship club for his services. 

Would be interesting if he ends up at Fev Briscoe, Joey, Hardaker and Hall could one hell of a 3/4 line in the championship.

• Like 3

I wonder if Wigan will look to use any space they now have on the salary cap to bring in a new centre from overseas (Aus - obvs).. Cant be too many decent centres knocking about that would be available.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Is he ?

He has to actually get & stay on the pitch though.

I probably have the advantage over you Dav, in that I watched him perform weekly in SL last season in a not very good Leigh Centurions team, he did very well overhall in both attack and defending, I believe his performances attracted more SL clubs than just Wigan but he obviously made his own choice.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I probably have the advantage over you Dav, in that I watched him perform weekly in SL last season in a not very good Leigh Centurions team, he did very well overhall in both attack and defending, I believe his performances attracted more SL clubs than just Wigan but he obviously made his own choice.

Built like Tarzan plays like Jane always springs to mind in regards to Thornley,did ok in his first early spell at Wigan but always looked bang average at Wigan & Catalans on his return from kick & clap.

As has been already posted,lower end Superleague/ Championship quality.

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

Can’t see any Super League clubs taking the risk on him. Leeds, whilst they may have injuries, have been burnt before, as have Cas. I can’t see Wakefield or Huddersfield signing him and I can’t see him travelling to Hull and back. I reckon he’ll end up at Fev. 

ANY CLUB that signs him are fools. Even a championship club, as it will only be a matter of time before he does something stupid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Would be interesting if he ends up at Fev Briscoe, Joey, Hardaker and Hall could one hell of a 3/4 line in the championship.

If he does go to Fev, not that I am a massive fan of Hardaker but at Championship level that is another story, Mr B at Leigh is going to have to delve deeply into his back pocket, or get left behind. It is a couple of months since I first raised my fear - being a Leigh fan - that Fev were ahead on recruitment since then Fev have strengthened even more, even though Mr Beaumont says he prefers his full back Aekins to Kheirallah and he didn't want Ford, Mr B always said he would get Leigh into SL in '23 so now is the time to fight fire with fire, even moreso if Zac ends up there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Built like Tarzan plays like Jane always springs to mind in regards to Thornley,did ok in his first early spell at Wigan but always looked bang average at Wigan & Catalans on his return from kick & clap.

As has been already posted,lower end Superleague/ Championship quality.

No honestly he did not have many poor games last season, always a threat with ball in hand at left centre.

A quick comment for the next club that signs Zak Hardaker. 

Don't worry, it will work out this time, I promise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

33 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If he does go to Fev, not that I am a massive fan of Hardaker but at Championship level that is another story, Mr B at Leigh is going to have to delve deeply into his back pocket, or get left behind. It is a couple of months since I first raised my fear - being a Leigh fan - that Fev were ahead on recruitment since then Fev have strengthened even more, even though Mr Beaumont says he prefers his full back Aekins to Kheirallah and he didn't want Ford, Mr B always said he would get Leigh into SL in '23 so now is the time to fight fire with fire, even moreso if Zac ends up there.

Do you know who the 2 reported Leigh signings are? 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I'd expect it to inform that it is for misconduct or similar. It basically suggests he wants to move to Yorkshire and Radlinski is disappointed. Particularly as this is all over the media who are telling us he has been sacked. It's unnecessarily vague imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

Was a post on Facebook, so I take it with a pinch of salt, says 2 new signings to be here before Fev game so assumed for down under. I take from your reaction it’s probably BS.

I had seen this somewhere, and I don't have facebook, so this must have been in a thread on here.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I'd expect it to inform that it is for misconduct or similar. It basically suggests he wants to move to Yorkshire and Radlinski is disappointed. Particularly as this is all over the media who are telling us he has been sacked. It's unnecessarily vague imo.

As I said this may be mutual to draw a line under it. He may not have been officially sacked but both parties agreed to his release. Things like this happen all the time. In my work hardly anyone is sacked but people who are about to often seem to suddenly resign with a little package to save hassle all round. I'm not saying that is the case here but its very common.

I hope he is being supported, irrespective of why he has left.

Where has Zac burned his bridges? Leeds Cas Wigan. 

That leaves the other nine SL clubs and maybe Fev and Leigh.

And then would he want or be able to live away from Pontefract?

And who needs or can afford a full back/centre on his wages?

He is bound to be a latter day Georgie Best. A talent lost, playing like a travelling bard at RL's equivalent of Fulham or the NASL?