Zak Hardacre

3 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Was a post on Facebook, so I take it with a pinch of salt, says 2 new signings to be here before Fev game so assumed for down under. I take from your reaction it’s probably BS.

Yeah, I hadn't heard of anything, but doesn't mean it isn't true I don't  do social media apart from this site.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

As I said this may be mutual to draw a line under it. He may not have been officially sacked but both parties agreed to his release. Things like this happen all the time. In my work hardly anyone is sacked but people who are about to often seem to suddenly resign with a little package to save hassle all round. I'm not saying that is the case here but its very common.

And as long as the media are saying he has been sacked and Wigan don't clarify, then that will be the narrative. 

They may be happy with that, that is their prerogative, but I don't see why they wouldn't just be clear about how the relationship has ended. TBH, I think the release is a good example of how little we are interested in communicating effectively as RL clubs. 

Wigan care little about telling their fans the info on that, and it's the same at both the RFL and all the other clubs in the main.

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I hope he is being supported, irrespective of why he has left.

Where has Zac burned his bridges? Leeds Cas Wigan. 

That leaves the other nine SL clubs and maybe Fev and Leigh.

And then would he want or be able to live away from Pontefract?

And who needs or can afford a full back/centre on his wages?

He is bound to be a latter day Georgie Best. A talent lost, playing like a travelling bard at RL's equivalent of Fulham or the NASL?

I am fully aware of the level of support given to Zak when he joined Wigan. I know for a fact it was above and beyond a level ever given to any player at the club.

However, Zak being Zak, it obviously wasn't enough. If someone is willing to take him on, I'm sure they will be aware of the risk.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

And as long as the media are saying he has been sacked and Wigan don't clarify, then that will be the narrative. 

They may be happy with that, that is their prerogative, but I don't see why they wouldn't just be clear about how the relationship has ended. TBH, I think the release is a good example of how little we are interested in communicating effectively as RL clubs. 

Wigan care little about telling their fans the info on that, and it's the same at both the RFL and all the other clubs in the main.

Maybe the club take the view that it is private and nothing to do with the likes of you and I?

Maybe it was even part of the agreement with Zak that Wigan do not divulge the full reason for his exit? He's had plenty bad press over the years maybe he just doesn't want any more.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

And as long as the media are saying he has sacked don't clarify, then that will be the narrative. 

I don't disagree, I would love to know the ins and outs but this almost never happens regardless of club for some of the reasons I cite. Sacking or some sort of mutual agreement before being pushed is often you say tomato I say tomato.

18 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

I hope he is being supported, irrespective of why he has left.

Where has Zac burned his bridges? Leeds Cas Wigan. 

That leaves the other nine SL clubs and maybe Fev and Leigh.

Supported by whom and why? He has now left Wigan (who have given him a hell of a lot of support).

He will go to a Yorkshire club, this is (primarily) about not wanting to be away from home.

Most likely options are Hull, Hull KR, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Featherstone - not all will be interested.

3 minutes ago, POR said:

HERE you go H

Ah, good to see a reliable source being quoted for once. 😉

• Haha 12

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

4 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Ah, good to see a reliable source being quoted for once. 😉

To be fair G harry didn't ask for a reliable source🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Supported by whom and why? He has now left Wigan (who have given him a hell of a lot of support).

He will go to a Yorkshire club, this is (primarily) about not wanting to be away from home.

Most likely options are Hull, Hull KR, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Featherstone - not all will be interested.

Can't see Huddersfield wanting him, not while Watson is there trying to instill a culture, which probably wouldn't suit Zak, besides he wouldn't get near our side at the moment.

• Like 1

I can't think of which Yorkshire clubs would take him.

Castleford, almost certainly no after his departure. Leeds, potentially out of desparation but bridges realistically burned. There's no way he would work under a coach like Ian Watson at Huddersfield. Wakefield, possible? Hull clubs are outside of West Yorkshire but possible. Featherstone is the obvious candidate, but I'm sure I've read that he has a strained relationship with McDermott.

When Hardaker left Cas in 2017, he was at the top of his game. One of the best in the league and unlucky not to win Man of Steel, so clubs would be willing to overlook his shortcomings. Now, he is not close to that peak and has left yet another club under a cloud, so his options will be limited.

His performances have been ok throughout his time at Wigan and were very good at one stage when he was FB. I think he would be a good signing for Leeds, Trinity or Cas. He has wanted to leave for ages, for the justifiable reason (from what I have read at least) that he wants to be closer to his young child. If he misbehaved to “force” a move, or both sides just became frustrated that doesn’t mean it will all turn sour at his next club. 

Wigan may feel annoyed with him, but they knew what they were getting themselves into at the outset. 

8 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

His performances have been ok throughout his time at Wigan and were very good at one stage when he was FB. I think he would be a good signing for Leeds, Trinity or Cas. He has wanted to leave for ages, for the justifiable reason (from what I have read at least) that he wants to be closer to his young child. If he misbehaved to “force” a move, or both sides just became frustrated that doesn’t mean it will all turn sour at his next club. 

Wigan may feel annoyed with him, but they knew what they were getting themselves into at the outset. 

Oh yes it does. Ant club signing him will know exactly what to expect. Avoid like the plague.

ZAK'S BACK

On the scrap heap.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

On 20/04/2022 at 19:52, EagleEyePie said:

It seems he was late for/missed training having stayed with his family in Pontefract after the Wakefield game.

Going out on the lash following the Wakey game, after being expressly told not to, was probably the big issue rather than the lateness, although the distance has become more and more of a problem recently.

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That statement from Radlinski is a great example of not saying much but saying everything 

Those fortunate enough to know Zak well enough to have a frank discussion, appear clued up as to the cause and effect, both which are now irrelevant as Zak is unemployed at the mo.

His immediate future remains uncertain but could well be cleared up in the next few days.

I suspect both Zak and Wigan would like to call it a draw and move on.

I don't know Zak