Zak Hardacre

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Supported by whom and why? He has now left Wigan (who have given him a hell of a lot of support).

He will go to a Yorkshire club, this is (primarily) about not wanting to be away from home.

Most likely options are Hull, Hull KR, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Featherstone - not all will be interested.

It is irrelevant whether any of the RL family's players are or aren't deserving or whether they are or aren't "challenging" in personality or behaviour Support is there.

Wigan did the right thing. (for once). Is this the opportunity for Hanley? 

As for Zak, his overt parochialism can only mean Fev.  

4 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Maybe the club take the view that it is private and nothing to do with the likes of you and I?

Maybe it was even part of the agreement with Zak that Wigan do not divulge the full reason for his exit? He's had plenty bad press over the years maybe he just doesn't want any more.

That's not the way this works though. 

The club has to work in a world that deals with the media, and indeed wrote a press release themselves. 

They also said they were disappointed with how it had ended, adding to the ambiguity. 

It's a poor press release 

• Like 1

lets not forget 476 points in 61 games for wigan - for a team where points are at a premium of late (4 points in the good friday derby) without him ! lets hope they are not putting all there eggs in the french fields basket 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

lets not forget 476 points in 61 games for wigan - for a team where points are at a premium of late (4 points in the good friday derby) without him ! lets hope they are not putting all there eggs in the french fields basket 

And 378 of those have been through drop kicks or goal kicks, which he is poor at anyhow.

• Like 1

Professional footballers I.E both codes move all over the world to ply their trade and he cant live in the Wigan area for the duration of his contract . If that is the case .there must be more to it than that 

• Like 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

48 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Professional footballers I.E both codes move all over the world to ply their trade and he cant live in the Wigan area for the duration of his contract . If that is the case .there must be more to it than that 

Might be his missus, being away from support networks with babies must be difficult

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damien said:

And 378 of those have been through drop kicks or goal kicks, which he is poor at anyhow.

I've thought over the last few years that he's actually been striking the ball very smoothly and impressively off the tee. I don't have his goal-kicking stats to hand but just in his stance and run-up he strikes me as one of the better/more cultured goal-kickers going around in the SL.

5 hours ago, Chris22 said:

I can't think of which Yorkshire clubs would take him.

Castleford, almost certainly no after his departure. Leeds, potentially out of desparation but bridges realistically burned.

Officially, Hardaker's departure from Leeds was amicable. Now that's maybe not the reality but it wasn't as openly acrimonious as the Cas or Wigan exits.

I wonder what the Cas fans think about him even now after him missing that GF being dropped on the Eve of the game.  I remember being in a bar in Philadelphia following the score on my phone and explaining to locals I said I know one man who wont be in cas town centre for awhile 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I wonder what the Cas fans think about him even now after him missing that GF being dropped on the Eve of the game.  I remember being in a bar in Philadelphia following the score on my phone and explaining to locals I said I know one man who wont be in cas town centre for awhile 

And the jags in philadelphia will be wondering 'what's a castleford?'

7 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

And the jags in philadelphia will be wondering 'what's a castleford?'

Phillies fans I knocked around with and they thought my Leeds accent was straight out of County Mayo 😉

• Like 1

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

That's not the way this works though. 

The club has to work in a world that deals with the media, and indeed wrote a press release themselves. 

They also said they were disappointed with how it had ended, adding to the ambiguity. 

It's a poor press release 

Whatever you think you are entitled to with regards to an explanation, you really aren’t. 

Regardless of social media, which is a cesspit, Or any other type of media, you are not owed an explanation by Wigan or any other club.

If they decide to keep the reasons to themselves then that’s their choice and you will just have to get over it, regardless of what you think you deserve.

On 21/04/2022 at 18:35, meast said:

This may seem pedantic but It really annoys me when people can't get players names right, especially when it's my own clubs fans discussing one of our players.

Child(s), Tom(p)kins, Burrow(s) etc, stop it, just stop it!

At least get someone's name and spelling of said name correct if you're going to discuss them.

Hmmmpph!

Ok meat calm down. 

• Haha 4

On 22/04/2022 at 06:50, fieldofclothofgold said:

If he's been dismissed surely it cant be because he moaned about having to return to Wigan HQ for debrief . Must have gone further than moan . My flight was once diverted to LBA and we were bussed to MAN airport as I was only 3 miles or so from home i wasnt to chuffed . Lol 

Were you handcuffed at the time. 

• Haha 1