Zak Hardacre

On 27/04/2022 at 21:07, The 4 of Us said:

What happened to no train no play. Can imagine the young kids that have been flogged in training so far this year, might not be quite as enthusiastic when they’re asked to do another lap on the captain’s run. 

He's done one training session.

Edited by Barley Mow
The joke originally in the post seems in bad taste following Hardaker's seizure.
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

That is absolutely horrendous and wish him all the best for a full recovery.

• Like 6

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That’s some clutching of straws you’re doing.

First article - players should be grateful for second chances. Hardaker must be on about his third or fourth chance (homophobia, attacking a student, drugs, driving ban). It’s understandable some would be annoyed that Hardaker has had so many chances now and unwilling to continue supporting him.

Second article - man says teammate is a good player. 

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'm not sure the relevance of either of those to be honest. How many chances has Hardaker had? He is certainly way past his second like in that first article. The second is simply Wilkin looking forward to Barba joining.

I'm not really sure either of these makes Wilkin's comments less valid. Two wrongs don't make a right either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm not sure the relevance of either of those to be honest. How many chances has Hardaker had? He is certainly way past his second like in that first article. The second is simply Wilkin looking forward to Barba joining.

I'm not really sure either of these makes Wilkin's comments less valid. Two wrongs don't make a right either.

As I said, I don't disagree with Wilkin particularly, but he was supportive of Barba who has just as bad a rep sheet as Hardaker. Hope he doesn't ask for consistency from the refs!

Wilkin has a real blind spot when it comes to Leeds, he clearly has never got over them beating Saints in all those finals - he never has or has had a good word to say about Leeds.

Anyway, hope Zak is OK as seizures can be really terrifying for all involved, hope he's OK and recovers well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Wilkin has a real blind spot when it comes to Leeds, he clearly has never got over them beating Saints in all those finals - he never has or has had a good word to say about Leeds.

In the middle of all our current troubles few things can raise a smile like Jon Wilkin being so haunted by those Grand Final losse that the merest mention of Leeds drives him over the edge.

43 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Anyway, hope Zak is OK as seizures can be really terrifying for all involved, hope he's OK and recovers well.

To be fair Wilkin seems to get awfully personal about a lot of teams and players. Its not good trait in a pundit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

That’s not nice news to see this morning; wish him all the best in his recovery.

Yes indeed. This could be career-ending, sadly, depending on diagnosis, treatment, insurance etc. 

2 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

We're shocked he gets riled up easily when he was upset about cameras in dressing rooms?

Wilkin even complained that it wasnt right that he could hear the Leeds players celebrating in their own dressing room 

• Haha 5

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

He might not have a good word to say about Leeds but he's always PLENTY TO SAY!

• Haha 1

Back on topic

As much as Hardaker has pushed the limits of patience of the teams he has played for and been given "second" chances I hope this is not too serious as to end his career and isn't caused by any bad judgment on his part.

This country isn't that blessed with truly great RL talents (compared to say Aus), the one's we do have we should really look after, even if they can't look after themselves.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What are the possible causes of this seizure? Excuse my medical ignorance. 

How long is a piece of string?

I had an unexplained seizure about 25 years ago. Completely blacked out and came to in a hospital. Friends had to tell me what had happened because I had no memory at all. It remains unexplained despite subsequent scans and assessments. The rule, at the time, was that I couldn't drive for a year and that if it went for a (I now can't remember the amount of time) bit longer then I wouldn't have to declare it on any medical questionnaires.

There's been no recurrence. I was told by a consultant at the time that anyone can have one and it be essentially nothing unless and until it happens again when it *might* be something.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

What are the possible causes of this seizure? Excuse my medical ignorance. 

It depends what they are calling a seizure 'a fit' as in the common parlance could epilepsy, if its just 'passing out' a sudden drop in blood pressure could be a cause, but in both cases there can be many other causes.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

47 minutes ago, Padge said:

It depends what they are calling a seizure 'a fit' as in the common parlance could epilepsy, if its just 'passing out' a sudden drop in blood pressure could be a cause, but in both cases there can be many other causes.

Indeed , I had a do which came back to low sodium . Other kinds of electrolyte or iron imbalance potentially also