Jump to content

Zak Hardacre


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

We shouldn't be angry about it at all.

Wigan gave him the chance to get back in the game, gave him a huge amount of support and he messed it up again. If Wigan are, as they claim, serious about creating a new culture at the club, then the likes of Zak are not going to help that.

He had his chance, he didn't take it, good luck to him, and the clubs that take him, for the rest of his career.

Huge amount of money, too, possibly, and the evidence for him being on not much money is no stronger than him being on a generous deal.

I'm interested in that drive, that rush to judgment, that is so prevalent in our society. We all know that pleasurable rush that comes from condemning, and in the short term it's quite a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?

J. K. Rowling

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, LeeF said:

One of the conditions when Wigan signed Hardaker was for him to live over there away from his local “influences”. A plan that seemed to work well initially. He then moved “back home” and the “low level misdemeanours” seem to have recommenced including missing training due to being out the night before with his mates. 
I'm not surprised Wigan have said “enough is enough” but bearing in mind Leeds are one of the clubs he has previously burnt I’m struggling to understand why Leeds want him especially as they are trying to reset their culture etc

They want him because he is a quality RL player. My word they are in such short supply nowadays.

Leeds are gambling on taking out the main issue that has soured his time at Wigan, and giving him what he appears to want - a home life.  Not one in a suitcase. That could well be a win-win for Leeds unless there's a top quality young full back knocking on the door that doesn't have recurring and lengthy injury problems. 

I'm sure Hardaker will be entertaining on the pitch, and maybe off it, but it's well worth a punt......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Won't he find the travelling too arduous? After all, it's probably a 40 min each way trip.

Edited by JohnM

I'm interested in that drive, that rush to judgment, that is so prevalent in our society. We all know that pleasurable rush that comes from condemning, and in the short term it's quite a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?

J. K. Rowling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leeds have signed Zac on a deal to the end of the season. They are now short on numbers and he is a quality Rugby player so he can fill a short term need.

The other matter Leeds (JJB) mentioned is resetting the club culture. That is the balancing act Leeds are currently running. Putting a squad on the field that will be competitive against a player who can be a challenge with his off field activities.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Good pick-up for Leeds.

I imagine he'll be aiming to get the #1 jumper back.

He's best as a running full-back.

Better than walker by a mile

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will all work out fine.

What's that saying?  Past behaviour provides absolutely no indication of future behaviour.  At least, it's something like that.

  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect many more fans and sponsors will be testing the phone capacity at Headingley given this atrocious announcement. Hetherington has totally misjudged the situation and whilst he collected a tremendous amount of credit via the ‘golden generation’ he has completely mismanaged the club in the last 5 years or so and certainly in my eyes that goodwill is now running on empty.

We often refer to Rugby League as a family. We rarely have the aggression that football tribalism brings and consequentially fans feel comfortable to mix together and children often attend from a young age. This year my youngest daughter of 18 months will attend her first two games against Salford and Castleford.

In what world do parents reasonably explain to children that actions have consequences when ‘sporting idols’ do not operate to the same rule book as us ‘normal’ people do.

Only God knows what this guy actually gets up to but we do know that he is homophobic, he is a drug abuser, drink drives and commits ABH. Short of being caught beating the wife, he has the completed the set.

When you consider his age and form it makes this situation even more bizarre. Myler has apparently split from his wife which has potentially contributed to requiring more cover at FB but, for me, this decision shines a spot light on Hetherington and that it might be time to sell up before the fans start protesting for it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

Good decision by Leeds, Its ok, this time will definitely be different, he's changed, this cant fail.......

 

 

😂

Segeyaro was a bit of a headbanger yet he single handedly turned our season around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I suspect many more fans and sponsors will be testing the phone capacity at Headingley given this atrocious announcement. Hetherington has totally misjudged the situation and whilst he collected a tremendous amount of credit via the ‘golden generation’ he has completely mismanaged the club in the last 5 years or so and certainly in my eyes that goodwill is now running on empty.

We often refer to Rugby League as a family. We rarely have the aggression that football tribalism brings and consequentially fans feel comfortable to mix together and children often attend from a young age. This year my youngest daughter of 18 months will attend her first two games against Salford and Castleford.

In what world do parents reasonably explain to children that actions have consequences when ‘sporting idols’ do not operate to the same rule book as us ‘normal’ people do.

Only God knows what this guy actually gets up to but we do know that he is homophobic, he is a drug abuser, drink drives and commits ABH. Short of being caught beating the wife, he has the completed the set.

When you consider his age and form it makes this situation even more bizarre. Myler has apparently split from his wife which has potentially contributed to requiring more cover at FB but, for me, this decision shines a spot light on Hetherington and that it might be time to sell up before the fans start protesting for it.

I definitely understand the sentiment. 

Sadly it has got to the stage where beggars can't be choosers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

I suspect many more fans and sponsors will be testing the phone capacity at Headingley given this atrocious announcement. Hetherington has totally misjudged the situation and whilst he collected a tremendous amount of credit via the ‘golden generation’ he has completely mismanaged the club in the last 5 years or so and certainly in my eyes that goodwill is now running on empty.

We often refer to Rugby League as a family. We rarely have the aggression that football tribalism brings and consequentially fans feel comfortable to mix together and children often attend from a young age. This year my youngest daughter of 18 months will attend her first two games against Salford and Castleford.

In what world do parents reasonably explain to children that actions have consequences when ‘sporting idols’ do not operate to the same rule book as us ‘normal’ people do.

Only God knows what this guy actually gets up to but we do know that he is homophobic, he is a drug abuser, drink drives and commits ABH. Short of being caught beating the wife, he has the completed the set.

When you consider his age and form it makes this situation even more bizarre. Myler has apparently split from his wife which has potentially contributed to requiring more cover at FB but, for me, this decision shines a spot light on Hetherington and that it might be time to sell up before the fans start protesting for it.

Well said.  The whole world of sport just forgives these types of behaviours because coaches, administrators and fans value success over everything else.

Shaun Wane dropped Herbie Farnworth from the England squad for "failing to meet his standards off the pitch" and yet selected Hardaker.  The whole thing is laughable. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's silly to go on about ethics and behaviour, or even salary cap, when the fear of relegation rather than the expectation of success is at the root of all decisions.

 

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:

#CorbynwasrightandFordesaidso!  Trusscouldn'tcareless v Keith AWOL Tory vast majority in the making.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He´s a good short term pick up especially with three winnable games vs KR, Salford and Wakey in next three. If he contributes enough to help them pick up 4 points from six, the concerns will subside about relegation and both player and club will probably already have an eye on him moving on at end of season. Only feels like Wigan here who´ve been shafted but he´s off the cap so givesa them options too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great pick up for Leeds - he'll offer a lot with his versatility. 

Not going to comment on the 'off-field' side of things other than to say this is nothing new in RL - he's not the first and certainly won't be the last to have a degree of controversy surrounding him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I definitely understand the sentiment. 

Sadly it has got to the stage where beggars can't be choosers.

We are not going down Tommy, irrespective of injuries.

Those in charge justified (and essentially blamed for the teams poor performances) the clear out of a few years ago based on a required culture change banding words like 'rotten' around. Now they go and do this. They cleared out players who had an apparent poor attitude to being professional athletes and now bring back Hardaker who cant even get his backside to training as is suggested to be the case at Wigan.

I thought Hetherington was good at his job but over the last six years or so I have started to realise that he dropped lucky with the golden generation and the potential of a club/fanbase positioned in the second biggest city in the country. Even the demise of Leeds United helped drive fans through the turnstiles.

Hetherington is a liability and needs to go; this is the straw that breaks the camels back for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish him well. I think he is a really good full back, and surely playing the game he is good at is the likeliest way to ensure that his mental health is looked after. The end result is fine - if I were working at Wigan I would be very unimpressed with Leeds’ behaviour. We put in a huge amount of time and effort to see him right. So, we can pat ourselves on the back for holding the moral high ground. On the pitch we don’t need a full back, and have now got some money to spend on a good 3/4. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not many more terrifying things for a Leeds fan than one of these popping into the inbox. On this occasion it's a pep talk about what a great weekend the club just had and did you see our exciting news earlier?

One win will do that for a club.

gh.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

Not many more terrifying things for a Leeds fan than one of these popping into the inbox. On this occasion it's a pep talk about what a great weekend the club just had and did you see our exciting news earlier?

One win will do that for a club.

gh.png

You really need to finish some of those drafts!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I wish him well. I think he is a really good full back, and surely playing the game he is good at is the likeliest way to ensure that his mental health is looked after. The end result is fine - if I were working at Wigan I would be very unimpressed with Leeds’ behaviour. We put in a huge amount of time and effort to see him right.

So have all his clubs.

Just imagine your're Cas - we got them to pay ÂŁ150k for him and he then gifted us another title and they then had to write the whole lot off as a bad job.

Edited by M j M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

Not many more terrifying things for a Leeds fan than one of these popping into the inbox. On this occasion it's a pep talk about what a great weekend the club just had and did you see our exciting news earlier?

One win will do that for a club.

gh.png

 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

You really need to finish some of those drafts!

They always say, if you are going to send an angry email, save it as a draft and come back later to reflect.  That's a lot of anger!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

 

They always say, if you are going to send an angry email, save it as a draft and come back later to reflect.  That's a lot of anger!

He could be doing the same and using it for draft TotalRL posts....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...