Zak Hardacre

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Only feels like Wigan here who´ve been shafted but he´s off the cap so givesa them options too. 

Why? Wigan were, I imagine, not going to offer him a new deal and I doubt he’d have signed one anyway. Bevan French is now injury free and has three or four games under his belt, strengthening Wigan’s backline and they now, I assume, have some (more) wriggle room in the cap. 

15 minutes ago, super major said:

I probably missed it mentioned earlier, but if Leeds have enough cash to sign Hardacre now why didn't they spend it earlier on a player when their problems arose? How have they got enough salary cap left?

isn't the cap based on a rolling period.. thus Hardacre won't be a full years if current agreement is till end of season,,,

Also the problem became more dire with loss of Sutcliffe and Briscoe... Sutcliffe being able to stand in at full back given he has played quite a number of games at full back a few seasons ago,,,

so I guess the worst of the problems happened last week injury wise matching Hardacres release.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I guess the question would be who?  There aren't that many free agents knocking around that a Super League club would look to sign, even if they have a fair injury list like Leeds.  They could have gone for a contracted player but that opens up a whole world of transfer fees which have effectively gone out of the game.

Lucky for Leeds that they found an uncontracted player in the nick of time

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, super major said:

I probably missed it mentioned earlier, but if Leeds have enough cash to sign Hardacre now why didn't they spend it earlier on a player when their problems arose? How have they got enough salary cap left?

I'd be surprised if Hardaker is on any significant amount of money anyway - he simply doesn't have the leverage to command the sort of cash that his talent should really be worth. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, super major said:

pay as you play?

He may be a risky signing but I doubt he is paying Leeds to let him play.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

The avoidance of relegation is all this signing is for.

Because that's the be all and end all and if you argue against relegation you open up a silly can of worms that can be as illogical as it is pointless.

I don't know if this season is different from others in this but to me it looks likely to be decided by injury rather than ability.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Segeyaro was a bit of a headbanger yet he single handedly turned our season around.

In a 2016 swap deal with Penrith Panthers for Hardaker, funnily enough.

Zak strengthens Leeds immeasurably at full-back where he is arguably the best in the competition, defensively.

Edited by Szymala
  • Like 1

He'll be good enough for the rest of the season to make a positive difference to Leeds position. Long term? We'll see.  If it doesn't work out, there's a coaching job going over at Widnes that might suit him. 

7 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

It's only till the end of the season, to help them get relegated then he will sign for our promoted friends from Fev in exchange haha

Been saying this for ages now. 

Fev aren't desperate. We'd have taken him regardless. I still think we'll see him at fev if we go up.... which isn't a given.

10 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

It's only till the end of the season, to help them get relegated then he will sign for our promoted friends from Fev in exchange 

Edited by fieldofclothofgold
Wrong thread

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

32 minutes ago, M j M said:

Oh.

Travel sickness?

• Haha 10

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris