On to Widnes

Dog forever

I thought they looked a much improved team over last year when we played them in the friendly. They even looked good for the first 10 mins against Barrow on TV and then it seems to have just fallen away. I reckon we can win this by a couple of scores

Widnes 14 Dogs 24

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

21 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Can you pay on the gate or do you have to go to a ticket office. The last time I went there it was to Naughton Park. 

It still is naughton park , just a different sponsors name 

IMG_0583.JPG

A score in it. We let 'em run too much in the friendly before we'd gelled AND we were a couple of regulars down. It will be close but I think we'll reverse the 24-18.

22 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

It still is naughton park , just a different sponsors name 

When I went it was when Batley played in the Lancashire league for a couple of years to even up the fixtures.

Our pack will win this game if we keep Adam Lawton quiet… no Dupree who ran the show in the pre season game they’ve also no craven, Owens Grady and Aaron Brown all missing which are 5 decent players there plus maybe Ryan Ince 

Edited by Keep The Faith
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, RogerT said:

Can you pay on the gate or do you have to go to a ticket office. The last time I went there it was to Naughton Park. 

Tickets available at the stadium shop on the day, Roger.  So imagine you can't pay on the gate. 

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

Tickets available at the stadium shop on the day, Roger.  So imagine you can't pay on the gate. 

Stadium ticket office right next to the turnstiles , easy peasy at the dcbl , classy stadium and good parking , enjoy😀😀😀

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RogerT said:

When I went it was when Batley played in the Lancashire league for a couple of years to even up the fixtures.

I think you will find that the trams are no longer running either, Roger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This would be an attractive game for the neutrals to watch.

Once again Batley will have the advantage of playing a side ravaged with injuries to key players so anything less than a victory for your lot would be a surprise.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think you will find that the trams are no longer running either, Roger.

I know and I enjoyed riding them when Leeds had them, used to catch it from Boar Lane(or there abouts) to go to Parkside where Hunslet used to play.

Blagbrough Blake Buchanan Brown Campbell Collinson Gilmore Gledhill Hooley Hodson Johnson Leak Lillycrop  Kaye Manning Morton Reilly Walshaw White Ward Whiteley 

batley’s 21 man squad taken from the rfl site 

in: Reilly Hodson Morton

out: Meadows Everett Senior 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Blagbrough Blake Buchanan Brown Campbell Collinson Gilmore Gledhill Hooley Hodson Johnson Leak Lillycrop  Kaye Manning Morton Reilly Walshaw White Ward Whiteley 

batley’s 21 man squad taken from the rfl site 

in: Reilly Hodson Morton

out: Meadows Everett Senior 

Very strong squad again. We'll capable of the 2 points. 

I'm on the 11.00am train from Batley change at Manchester, just to fathom out how to get from the station to the stadium.

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

I'm on the 11.00am train from Batley change at Manchester, just to fathom out how to get from the station to the stadium.

Google maps suggests it is only a twenty minute walk and looks fairly straight forward. Dust down your OS map of Widnes and Runcorn and get your compass out!

On 22/04/2022 at 15:14, RogerT said:

No doubt you will look forward to being Homeward Bound with a win under your belt? 

(One for the old folk.)

• Like 2