On to Widnes

Dog forever

One of Simon and Art Garfunkel, reputed to have written it on the railway station either Widnes, 
Warrington or Crewe.

Can't decided whether I'm happy or deflated to have won 38-10! Intensity and system seemed to drop off, but it was dominant from the off. Whoever are 3rd, be afraid, be very afraid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brilliant performance from the boys today well done boys, I've seen widnes twice on tv this year and they looked a poor team, so I fancied us by about 18 and we've done even better, you really can see the massive team spirit in our boys, no slackers and all working for each other! apart from top 2 I don't think we really have to worry about anyone, top 4 now and we need to cement it, by beating Workington next week, once again we'll done boys! if anyone's wanting to know about Meadows I heard shoulder  injured in training not to serious tho, 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/04/2022 at 11:54, Blind side johnny said:

This would be an attractive game for the neutrals to watch.

Once again Batley will have the advantage of playing a side ravaged with injuries to key players so anything less than a victory for your lot would be a surprise.

👀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Can't decided whether I'm happy or deflated to have won 38-10! Intensity and system seemed to drop off, but it was dominant from the off. Whoever are 3rd, be afraid, be very afraid!

If you’re not happy with that maybe knock it on the head.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Lone Drinker said:

If you’re not happy with that maybe knock it on the head.

This. I didn't go so difficult to comment on the performance other than how it sounded on the RM commentary. Hwever, we all would have accepted that score line before they kicked off1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phildog said:

The team that's 3rd have already beaten you at your place without a few of their  better players.

9 minutes ago, RPH said:

res 9.jpg

table 9.jpg

At this early stage of the season it looks like six from seven from the play-offs. Previously fancied teams need to be careful not to get sucked into the relegation battle. Mind, the bottom two are already in danger of losing touch.

J C's second try was exquisite Starting out on the left he moved inside to about the centre saw the Chink and chipped and regathered to go in for the try.

The one scored by Hodson their line was broken on their 20 and fed through for Hodson to scorch up the field to score.

Ward bullied them all the time he was on, he made a break and passed inside and was there for the return pass he just ran out of steam just before the line.

What a set of whinges their supporters are they were at it from the kick off.

• Like 1

SpanishKnight, you call that a game of rugby? Besides which your double Pauli was cited twice in the same game and should really have been sent off after an hour which would have meant a) we'd have played 12 men for 20 minutes b) he wouldn't have been on the mud bath to have made the pass for your 2nd try and c) his subsequent appearance at disciplinary and ban only helped the clubs you were due to play instead of the club who were sinned against. One a hard, dry pitch we'd have ripped yer heads off, ask Widnes!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phildog said:

SpanishKnight, you call that a game of rugby? Besides which your double Pauli was cited twice in the same game and should really have been sent off after an hour which would have meant a) we'd have played 12 men for 20 minutes b) he wouldn't have been on the mud bath to have made the pass for your 2nd try and c) his subsequent appearance at disciplinary and ban only helped the clubs you were due to play instead of the club who were sinned against. One a hard, dry pitch we'd have ripped yer heads off, ask Widnes!!

Yeah cos York struggled against Widnes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

The team that's 3rd have already beaten you at your place without a few of their  better players.

Both knights and dogs are having good seasons so far. Can't wait for the game at yours if both teams carry on winning, and playing like they are. Enjoy your win today and we will ours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Yeah, see where we are at the end of the season. And watch out, Coolies a closet Dogs fan, don't make me send over to your forum....

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

One of the best games I’ve watched the club vs Widnes since summer rugby… 99 and 2010 were close but today we did everything right but the last try which was the rub of the green 

1-17 were class 

please try and get there next weekend and the Leigh game at home we deserve a good crowd 

• Like 3

Sorry I was wrong about J C's second try, just watched the playback on here, he received the ball from the acting half, saw a gap and chipped caught and scored the try, still very good.