Dewsbury on Sunday thoughts

Evs62

Another defeat ,we haven't got the personnel. Jamie's not firing at the moment maybe he's lost heart and we're desperate for a prop and a winger and the jury is still out on O.Thomas.  Hopefully Broadbent and Tate will be playing to give us some attacking prowess.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Another defeat ,we haven't got the personnel. Jamie's not firing at the moment maybe he's lost heart and we're desperate for a prop and a winger and the jury is still out on O.Thomas.  Hopefully Broadbent and Tate will be playing to give us some attacking prowess.

I thought Oscar had a good, certainly made 2 trys on Sunday one from a brilliant pass that had the commentators purring and another with a lovely kick , he did knock a high ball on but in the rain and with them _hite lights I will forgive him for that , I would try him at scrum half him and Jamie could maybe open up the defense better, Walker did nothing for me and his tackling was very poor there young fullback carried him over the line from 15 out. Put Broadbent back at fullback. I wouldn't have played Walker on Sunday I think Carl's experience would have been invaluable and also his goal kicking but it's all just opinions I suppose.

Both Walker and Doran didn't do a lot in the game, but that  was also down to Jonty making sure they were heavily marked and not given a lot of room to play, and hopefully CT will realise that we are light in the forwards, 

I thought walker had a good game took the ball in well and took on the  defence,our right hand side winger was poor two trys scored on the side .

Maybe put Thomas at 6 walker 7 then Jamie at 13 all this is if Broadbent is back at fullback but thats me talking haha 

🤔

13 hours ago, JMB said:

Both Walker and Doran didn't do a lot in the game, but that  was also down to Jonty making sure they were heavily marked and not given a lot of room to play, and hopefully CT will realise that we are light in the 

Edited by town4me

11 hours ago, JMB said:

Both Walker and Doran didn't do a lot in the game, but that  was also down to Jonty making sure they were heavily marked and not given a lot of room to play, and hopefully CT will realise that we are light in the forwards, 

Think most teams have worked out that Jamie is our only threat, doesnt appear we have a plan B

Dewsbury play us this week and London the week after , win both and they will be 6 points clear of us with a far better points difference , losing this week isn`t really an option if we have any chance of stopping up .We need to play out our sets , get a good kick in , and not give pens away.....easier said than done i know . Dewsbury will be well up for it this week and we can`t afford our usual sloppy start .i am sure we have it in us to get a result , so lets hope our season starts this week .UTT.

• Like 2

Walker carries a far bigger running threat than Forber. Keeps the defence on their toes. Haven were just alive to the threat he poses after he rightly got MOM against them in the Ike game. If he is going to be the future, he needs time and a run of games to form that partnership with Doran. 

Leave Oscar at FB. What I've seen of him there, he is very good. Id pick the same team to be honest, possibly include Dec if hes recovered 

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Unfortunately we haven’t been successful in keeping half backs quiet , some have ran the show in a dinner suit

That’s down to our line speed which has been very poor at times and giving teams space to work in.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Don't recall Sykes playing in the cup match? Hopefully he's not the difference. Just watched video of Chris Thorman on Ourleague prior to Haven match and seemed confident more players on the way this week. Clearly he is trying hard to "freshen up" the team as he put it but nothing yet. This match is huge for sure -feel a whole string of cliches coming on!

UTT

2 hours ago, DocH said:

Don't recall Sykes playing in the cup match? Hopefully he's not the difference. Just watched video of Chris Thorman on Ourleague prior to Haven match and seemed confident more players on the way this week. Clearly he is trying hard to "freshen up" the team as he put it but nothing yet. This match is huge for sure -feel a whole string of cliches coming on!

UTT

Yeah defo a 4 pointer 👍

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

20 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Yeah defo a 4 pointer 👍

Dews are the weakest side I’ve seen this year so far you shouldn’t have too much trouble with them if you play like on Sunday night 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, havenhater said:

Arnt we pending new faces this week? Hull boy at centre was outstanding with teare on his edge we could do some damage when he returns from injury.

Not sure when Teare will be back on the pitch, think he has his scan this weekend. 

Great , but the horse could have bolted when you look at the fixtures . We really needed this before we started with the home games loaded early , now we’re scrambling to play  catch up