Dewsbury on Sunday thoughts

Evs62

Got to feel for the lads after fighting and getting level only to go and blow it. It's a big ask now but it's not impossible, just got to pray the new lads can make the difference and start picking up the wins.

Edited by The Voodooguru
  • Like 4

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I would've settled for a point with new players coming in to boost the squad but again we've been just fractionally not good enough, and it is a game of fractions. Young had his best game for us but even so he's not championship standard. Tate was great down the left and although Brown made as many yards up the middle as anybody our right defence leaves too much pressure on Caine and it just took one miscommunication and the big lad strolled through. The ref gave them six again twice on the last tackle and they scored off one...I hate that rule! These signings need to be better than what we've got and at least one of them needs to a player in the Tyler Dickinson mould. We're so close to getting a few wins but there's a lack of game management that creeps in and it's costly. Jamie was back on form btw so all is not lost.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I would've settled for a point with new players coming in to boost the squad but again we've been just fractionally not good enough, and it is a game of fractions. Young had his best game for us but even so he's not championship standard. Tate was great down the left and although Brown made as many yards up the middle as anybody our right defence leaves too much pressure on Caine and it just took one miscommunication and the big lad strolled through. The ref gave them six again twice on the last tackle and they scored off one...I hate that rule! These signings need to be better than what we've got and at least one of them needs to a player in the Tyler Dickinson mould. We're so close to getting a few wins but there's a lack of game management that creeps in and it's costly. Jamie was back on form btw so all is not lost.

Hopefully the introduction of these new players will enable the team to kick on, and hopeful CT will open his eyes and get shot of some dead wood, i feel the future of the club depends on staying in this division.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Strange post on the Dewsbury forum about our discipline .One said we needlessly pushed someone off the ball when we were heading for a try under the sticks , anyone who was there to clarify ? 

I think that was when Clegg picked up a loose ball and just had to run 60 to the line unopposed but he brought it back for a challenge off the ball. I wasn't watching what happened after the ball had gone so had to assume he was right. I don't know why Young's first was chalked off ..must've been just short or fumbled.

21 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I think that was when Clegg picked up a loose ball and just had to run 60 to the line unopposed but he brought it back for a challenge off the ball. I wasn't watching what happened after the ball had gone so had to assume he was right. I don't know why Young's first was chalked off ..must've been just short or fumbled.

It was a challenge on Harry Kidd off the ball. If it’s the effort that was ruled out that I’m thinking about,he fumbled the ball. Two very poor indisciplined teams last Sunday. 
Luckily we had Sykes to get us over the line. Great support for your team,keep the faith.

Good luck for rest of season.

• Like 4