NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 7

Looks like Hasler gave Harper an early mark. Koula came out after HT.

As I said earlier, the wind could play a role here, especially if DCE gets his kicking right.

On reflection, my earlier post suggesting Morgan Harper may have played his last game could have been better worded. Jason Saab filled his pants any time the Sharks came near him as well and was probably just as deserving of being pulled at half time and having his contract ripped up.

I’m gonna say something really original here … that was a game of two halves . Poor old Morgan Harper post -covid had a total Weston trying to deal with the rampant Talakai , who was unstoppable on his side . Second half he was a lot quiter as it looked like the Sharks went into auto pilot but Manly just gave themselves way to much to do . Pretty bizarre game !

The Bulldogs’ struggles have been well-documented this week with three players contracting Covid-19 on top of the mounting injury toll the club has.

Brent Naden, Jake Averillo and Ava Seumanufagai dropped out of the 17 that was named on Tuesday after contracting the virus, while Braidon Burns, Chris Patolo and Brandon Wakeham are unavailable due to the injuries.

Jayden Okunbor returns to the NRL side with debutants Jacob Kiraz and Billy Tsikrikas also the new faces in the team.

The Broncos haven’t had a smooth week either with news fullback Tesi Niu will miss at least 10 weeks with a hamstring injury. Te Maire Martin comes into the side to play his first NRL game in three years after a serious brain bleed forced him to retire in 2020.

Jake Turpin is out with a shoulder injury which sees Cory Paix come in at hooker and Billy Walters play a utility role off the bench. Tyson Gamble will wear the No.6 jersey.

But in a big boost for the Broncos, Payne Haas returns from suspension and Herbie Farnworth returns from a leg injury.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-brisbane-broncos-vs-canterburybankstown-bulldogs-live-updates-supercoach-scores-highlights-video-teams-payne-haas-adam-reynolds/news-story/7227a7f96094e1b163b9f8be581d1dc2

Battle of the Basketcases!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Haas is off injured already.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson