Sat 23-Sun 24 Apr: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SATURDAY 23rd APRIL
London Skolars v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00
West Wales Raiders v Doncaster KO 15:00

SUNDAY 24th APRIL
Keighley Cougars v Swinton Lions KO 15:00
North Wales Crusaders v Midlands Hurricanes KO 14:30
Oldham v Cornwall KO 15:00 (OuRLeague)

London Skolars 12-42 Rochdale

West Wales Raiders 4-58 Doncaster

Keighley 28-24 Swinton

North Wales Crusaders 38-16 Midlands Hurricanes

Oldham 60-10 Cornwall

London Skolars 18 v 38 Rochdale Hornets 
West Wales Raiders 10 v 58 Doncaster

SUNDAY 24th APRIL
Keighley Cougars 28 v 20 Swinton Lions 
North Wales Crusaders 0 v 1 Midlands Hurricanes (just hope the weather is nice) 
Oldham 52 v 12 Cornwall

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

SUNDAY 24th APRIL
Oldham 52 v 12 Cornwall

Another Ben Stead / Benn Hardcastle / Dave Scott 79min drop goal ??? 

• Haha 1

Can Crusaders make it 5 from 5? The confidence is high, the fans are behind the team, we're at home, our coach will definitely NOT underestimate Midlands; we've come unstuck against them in their previous guise as Coventry Bears - but I think this years North Wales Crusaders are too strong for the Hurricanes. Crusaders win.

Elsewhere:

Hornets

Doncaster

Swinton Lions (although it could be very, VERY close) and

Oldham

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

SUNDAY 24th APRIL
Oldham 52 v 12 Cornwall

I'd take a 1-0 all day long on Sunday 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

Hornets

Donny

Cougars

Crusaders

Oldham.

Keighley v Swindon will be a hard fought contest but I think Cougars will just edge it but it will be close.

Swindon eh !!!  Are they new this season 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

West Wales v Doncaster cancelled - https://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1119/cancelled-|-west-wales-raiders-v-doncaster-rlfc

48-0 result awarded to Doncaster. West Wales' best defensive effort so far this year!

Just seen that and it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I want to see any club do well but this isn't a good look for the third tier of rugby league.

I know this has been done to death but there doesn't appear to be a plan or anything with West Wales. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil W said:

Just seen that and it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I want to see any club do well but this isn't a good look for the third tier of rugby league.

I know this has been done to death but there doesn't appear to be a plan or anything with West Wales. 

Unfortunately not the first time WWR have cried off due to lack of medical cover....this will result in a compliance fine from the RFL as well as a 48 - 0 win for Doncaster. Lets hope that at the end of the season promotion isn't decided on points difference as Doncaster may claim that they could have scored more, if the game had been played.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's really poor. I know that it is difficult to get medical cover at the moment but it just shows a complete lack of professionalism 

I disagree, as to why please see my post on the WWR laughing stock thread. 

16 hours ago, Phil W said:

I'd say Boris has more of a survival plan than WWR and he is "winging it" from day to day!!!!

Truly awful today, ok we weren't full strength but it should never have been that close. Fair do's to hurricanes they played well, but Cru need to have a good at the tapes of that one and do some serious work for next week. Maybe it's a good job we're playing WWR next....

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!