Fri 22 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Toulouse Olympique KO 20:00

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/22 at 19:30

Leeds 0 Toulouse 6.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Donaldson over for Leeds.

4-6.

6-6

Dwyer sneaks one from dummy half.

10-6.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Dwyer sneaks one from dummy half.

10-6.

that all came from the penalty TO gave away complaining because the touch judge got it wrong...commentary also said Leeds were very lucky to get that decision, Poor really from the officials. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kiggy said:

that all came from the penalty TO gave away complaining because the touch judge got it wrong...commentary also said Leeds were very lucky to get that decision, Poor really from the officials. 

It’s poor from TO, refs not going to change his mind if you mouth off

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Second half under way, currently 12-6.

That's another really poor result for Toulouse given the Leeds team and their current predicament. They really should have a got at least one win from the last two. Just cant see them surviving now, their shocking preseason and recruitment will sink them.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

25 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That's another really poor result for Toulouse given the Leeds team and their current predicament. They really should have a got at least one win from the last two. Just cant see them surviving now, their shocking preseason and recruitment will sink them.

Maybe, but July will be the month for them which will probably decide this.

41 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The tries they concede seem to be very soft sometimes. Although they did tackle well against Catalans. But they need to defend like this every game.

11 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Well my mate Kev said Leeds by 22. If Leeds paste Toulouse then there can’t be no hope for them as it is the weakest Leeds side I have ever seen. 
Fev would paste both sides in my opinion.

But, the Leeds lads are fit and conditioned and ‘up the guts’ Rugby should see them home with enough to cover the handicap of a measly 4. 

Toulouse won’t have any better chance of beating Leeds as do Cas of beating Saints U 15s comfortably. 

Easy cash for the weekend but both Cas and Leeds made heavy weather of it.

Credit both Saints and Leeds though and the youngsters who played. They stood up to the 'big guns' and gave it their all. Proof in the pudding that the RFL should be investing in grass roots and not be selective on who can have academies and who shouldn't.

On the downside, it also states that Leeds and Saints will remain dominant for years to come due to the youth systems they have in place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kiggy said:

Still no Jussaume for TO, I was hoping he would make an appearance today. Good to have Joe back, but still too many of the big boys missing.

Garbutt pulled out in the morning and Hankinson during the warm up - didn't help

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

12 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Another nail in the coffin for TO, it would seem.

They are only 2 wins behind Wakefield and Salford, and Toulouse haven’t been far off wins, they’ve had losing margins of 11 points, 4 points, 8 points and 1 point. Toulouse will pick up more wins and Corey Norman will give them a boost. Having said all that the round 12 Toulouse v Wakefield game is a massive fixture for them.

• Like 1

If Toulouse lose the next two, I think it’s all over. They need wins soon. A gap of six points to Wakefield would be hard to claw back and Leeds should improve somewhat under a new coach and a five point or more gap will be too much to turnaround, I feel. 

Three wins from nearly forty games for the three sides promoted and elevated into the competition since London went down in 2019 and some say we must have promotion and relegation. 

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

If Toulouse lose the next two, I think it’s all over. They need wins soon. A gap of six points to Wakefield would be hard to claw back and Leeds should improve somewhat under a new coach and a five point or more gap will be too much to turnaround, I feel. 

Three wins from nearly forty games for the three sides promoted and elevated into the competition since London went down in 2019 and some say we must have promotion and relegation. 

And if they beat Wakefield in 2 weeks time there will be 2 points between the sides on roughly the same points difference. There is a long way to go. Something is off at Wakefield at the moment which is dragging them back in. 

• Like 1

Leeds have a real opportunity in the next few gam s to climb up the table a bit.

Hull KR next who have a CC semi on their minds then a trip to Salford after a couple of weeks with a new coach which might coincide with having Myler, Fusitua, Austin, Holroyd and Sezer back and maybe a returning Hardaker. 

interesting few weeks ahead

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They are only 2 wins behind Wakefield and Salford, and Toulouse haven’t been far off wins, they’ve had losing margins of 11 points, 4 points, 8 points and 1 point. Toulouse will pick up more wins and Corey Norman will give them a boost. Having said all that the round 12 Toulouse v Wakefield game is a massive fixture for them.

You are Boris Johnson and I will claim my fiver. 

like last year, Leigh had some narrow defeats but they lost. 

Zero

Zilch

Nil points. Might as well lose by 70  

Toulouse are just a team of average players, just like other relegated sides in previous years and although they will pick up points, it won’t be enough. 

They might beat Wakey. Leigh did last year but it meant nothing. Wakey always do enough. Keep Toulouse up and let Fev and Leigh Join the Party next season. All 3 teams can build. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds have a real opportunity in the next few gam s to climb up the table a bit.

Hull KR next who have a CC semi on their minds then a trip to Salford after a couple of weeks with a new coach which might coincide with having Myler, Fusitua, Austin, Holroyd and Sezer back and maybe a returning Hardaker. 

interesting few weeks ahead

Then Leeds have 2 entire months on the road between May-July....it's far from over.

Toulouse should get better at home in summer. Plus they have Wakefield at home in May and at Magic in July.

• Thanks 1

On 22/04/2022 at 21:48, Chrispmartha said:

It’s poor from TO, refs not going to change his mind if you mouth off

Part of my issue is consistency. I don't mind if they get it wrong, they're only human and all TO's home games have no video ref so the guy is on his own out there. I just wish they were consistent, as shown in the 2nd half when a couple of Leeds lads had a go at the flag fiddler on the line...same situation but no penalty. By that time it would be made no difference, Gigot would probably have kicked it backwards...but even so, consistency is needed so the players feel more confident with the decisions.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Szymala said:

Then Leeds have 2 entire months on the road between May-July....it's far from over.

Toulouse should get better at home in summer. Plus they have Wakefield at home in May and at Magic in July.

I actually think the block of away games may play into Leeds hands a bit. Less pressure away from home without expectation. Plus the redeveloped Headingley hasn't been too kind to us, it seems its every players favourite place to play.

Interesting few months ahead!