Fri 22 Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/22 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Olpherts 2nd,

18-0.

I am waiting for "Olpherts follow through", surely somebody has dared someone to say it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just had a look at the SL table and Saints are a bloody disgrace.

By fielding a weakened team tonight they have given the points to Cas who are in a group of teams with not much between them.

In fact, when Cas win tonight they will leapfrog the team above them, unfairly I think.

Having said that and having had a look at the SL league table, forget everything I said...

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, DavidM said:

The endless lets say nice things about the young saints team commentary is getting a little tiresome 

Boring isn't it.

• Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

5 minutes ago, jacksy said:

What does the score have to be before sts have once again took the ######?

More than 51-0...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

The endless lets say nice things about the young saints team commentary is getting a little tiresome 

It’s hard to say much positive about this Cas side. Plenty of the ball, trying force things, playing like kids trying to score on every play, Westerman getting the ball stripped by a child, they’ve not exactly been that good. 

Just now, Jughead said:

It’s hard to say much positive about this Cas side. Plenty of the ball, trying force things, playing like kids trying to score on every play, Westerman getting the ball stripped by a child, they’ve not exactly been that good. 

Good job Saints put the kids team out then.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They are trying to create an I interesting narrative, which is good, but they are $h!t at it and believe repetition does it.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

Four players have played tonight in addition to Monday and Good Friday. Three of those (Bennison, Lussick and Wingfield) have gone off with injury. Maybe there is something about ridiculous short turnarounds that increases injury risk? Who knew.

No, I’m sorry. Think about the competition and the disrespect to Cas. That’s more important. Obviously. 

There's nothing wrong with having young players make their first team deboo (😀) at the age of 19. After all Andy Farrell made his first team debut was when he was 16. And who can forget Gary Connollly's Wembley appearance aged 17.

Edited by JohnM

The commentary should not change because of who is on the pitch, it should be the same regardless. The analysis should be about who is out there on the pitch.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Player welfare my ######.

Isn't the fact the 2 saints players injured tonight are ones who played over Easter making their point perfectly?

It's odd how everyone agrees the easter games are wrong and overly taxing on players, yet saints do something about it to try and help their players recover and they get castigated.

• Like 5

I’ve no issue with Saints doing this tonight. Easter is too taxing on players and it’s a good way to make a point.

A second season of no Saints players in the All Stats team is more of an issue for me. We’ll see how many turn out for England in the game I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1