TRL Helpdesk

Has anyone got conatct details for someone in the higher echelons of the foodchain in Fedex UK?

I have a package that's supposedly been sitting in the Fedex hub in Paris since the 26th of March when it was on a 3 - 5 day service to Perth WA.

Now they are claiming to not know where it is, although it's not lost. 

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

Has anyone got conatct details for someone in the higher echelons of the foodchain in Fedex UK?

I have a package that's supposedly been sitting in the Fedex hub in Paris since the 26th of March when it was on a 3 - 5 day service to Perth WA.

Now they are claiming to not know where it is, although it's not lost. 

Last time I had a complete breakdown in delivery service, I continued using the normal channels but, when it became obvious I was being fobbed off, I started BCCing the company's CEO into the correspondence.

Suddenly things began happening, including an internal investigation which established that the delivery driver had taken my order straight from the sorting facility to the collection depot. They'd previously claimed they'd tried to deliver it three times, but it turned out that the van hadn't even entered the borough where I live.

Don't abuse it, but Googling "fedex uk ceo email" will lead you to a page with the email address of Alun Cornish.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Last time I had a complete breakdown in delivery service, I continued using the normal channels but, when it became obvious I was being fobbed off, I started BCCing the company's CEO into the correspondence.

Obviously, don't go this far if it is just an excusable/understandable delay. This is a "Big Gun" tactic for when you are absolutely, positively having your time wasted, otherwise it'll lose effectiveness.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 21/04/2022 at 22:53, Futtocks said:

Obviously, don't go this far if it is just an excusable/understandable delay. This is a "Big Gun" tactic for when you are absolutely, positively having your time wasted, otherwise it'll lose effectiveness.

Well, I left it a few more days and despite assurances that I would get a call back, nothing was forthcoming.

This morning I ccd Alun Cornish into the conversation and within 40 minutes I have a very apologetic email 

Obviously the goods are still stuck in Paris and no indication of when they'll be delivered but at least they've acknowledged my existence.

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Well, I left it a few more days and despite assurances that I would get a call back, nothing was forthcoming.

This morning I ccd Alun Cornish into the conversation and within 40 minutes I have a very apologetic email 

Obviously the goods are still stuck in Paris and no indication of when they'll be delivered but at least they've acknowledged my existence.

Did you CC or BCC Mr Cornish? The latter is especially effective when you already have a series of emails that are clearly fobbing you off.

With BCC, the time-waster remains unaware that his boss is seeing his "work". But, if that boss is a professional, the time-waster will soon be receiving an ominous memo from Upstairs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Did you CC or BCC Mr Cornish? The latter is especially effective when you already have a series of emails that are clearly fobbing you off.

With BCC, the time-waster remains unaware that his boss is seeing his "work". But, if that boss is a professional, the time-waster will soon be receiving an ominous memo from Upstairs.

I went with CC, at this point I didn't want to be too sneaky, and I made a point of replying positively and CCing Mr Cornish 

I've now had a phone call back as well with a promise of an update tomorrow at the same time.

Thanks for the pointer, another victory for the TRL Helpdesk :kolobok_biggrin:

• Like 2

I've just had a recurrence of an issue that occurred a couple of years ago with a certain company, and which led to me using the tactic I mentioned.

This time, I just let their helpdesk know there was a problem and they sorted it immediately - faster than I'd expected, in fact. Their responses referred to the previous incident, which shows that their record-keeping is working well.

So the gift keeps on giving down the line.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson