Surprised, amazed

phildog

It appears that after 1 starring appearance against the best side in the league, we've let Connor Carr go. Why did we bring him in in the first place? Confused, disappointed for him.

52 minutes ago, phildog said:

It appears that after 1 starring appearance against the best side in the league, we've let Connor Carr go. Why did we bring him in in the first place? Confused, disappointed for him.

I sort of agree, but... not sure he was ours to let go. Was he on loan? It said on the Oldham press release that he had been released by Huddersfield. Would we have had much of a say. 

I am disappointed as I think he showed enough against Fev to be useful, and without Senior on Sunday he could have done a decent job for us.

After reading the Oldham release it looks like Huddersfield have taken their ball home because he wasn't getting game time, so farmed him out again, let's see how he goes there.

AND.....after the Escare 1 week loan farce we now find another; Dixon, 2 week loan to Widnes which just happens to include a Batley match, so watch out for an announcement of Hardaker turning out for Workington next week!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, phildog said:

AND.....after the Escare 1 week loan farce we now find another; Dixon, 2 week loan to Widnes which just happens to include a Batley match, so watch out for an announcement of Hardaker turning out for Workington next week!!

Who cares… about other clubs all I care about is the business Kevin and Craig do for my club and the results we get… everything else falls into place 

Nice to see oli burton and Conor carr get game Time which if needed they can be called back 

• Like 4

I don't disagree with them going out on loan, but why do we have to rely on other clubs to give the info out, wouldn't it be good PR on the clubs behalf for them to let us know.

13 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I don't disagree with them going out on loan, but why do we have to rely on other clubs to give the info out, wouldn't it be good PR on the clubs behalf for them to let us know.

Why would our club announce another players signing very bizarre I’d understand if he was joining us on loan 

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Why as Ollie Burton gone out on loan?

Could be our next Leak I reckon

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

58 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why would our club announce another players signing very bizarre I’d understand if he was joining us on loan 

Surely as supporters and fans it would be good to know what's happening at club regarding players, people are interested and not just rolling up and paying their entrance money  watch the game and then forget everything until the next match. Not everybody can get up to the Mount in-between matches or not in the loop.

• Like 4

I would remind folk that over the years we've not had a great record in recalling players sent out on loan. IF Burton IS to be our new Leaky then he needs to be the one twinning with him here. Wait for it, I hear it coming....can't leave Kaye out....just to mention 21 and 34(ish). Looking to the future and all that.

5 hours ago, RogerT said:

Surely as supporters and fans it would be good to know what's happening at club regarding players, people are interested and not just rolling up and paying their entrance money  watch the game and then forget everything until the next match. Not everybody can get up to the Mount in-between matches or not in the loop.

I’m not in the loop as much as people think  I found out by Hunslets tweet by announcing their new signing 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now Collinson gone, is this short term or season long? Squad is being cut down inch by inch and again we have to find out from other sources and I have to reiterate, other than Browny going out for a couple of matches a season or 3 back, we have a shocking record of bringing players back. Then, when we run into an injury crisis and MIGHT call players back they're then out of our loop in fitness and tactics.

Collinson played for Cornwall yesterday. Short term loan, I imagine

Ineson played for Bradford reserves on Friday- and scored a hattrick. No idea whether he was on loan or has been released. In fact, I never saw confirmation that he had re-signed for this season

59 minutes ago, phildog said:

Now Collinson gone, is this short term or season long? Squad is being cut down inch by inch and again we have to find out from other sources and I have to reiterate, other than Browny going out for a couple of matches a season or 3 back, we have a shocking record of bringing players back. Then, when we run into an injury crisis and MIGHT call players back they're then out of our loop in fitness and tactics.

I thought he was going great guns for us  with a good work rate.

It's great , the only way of keeping the lads match fit without running an A Team, can't see the problem, Collinson looks a good prospect but is he really going to knock Manning or Walshaw out of the team? Is Carr ahead of JC, Whitley or Johnson? Etc, if we have injuries these lads come back and are match ready, if we go the season 100% injury free we'll most likely finish top 4, everyone will be happy and a few of them may move onto pastures new for 1st team opportunities . Not really something worth being supprised or amazed about.  I'm supprised and amazed that with our tiny fan base we compete at the top end of the league in a cracking stadium and have players who are clearly happy to be here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

It's great , the only way of keeping the lads match fit without running an A Team, can't see the problem, Collinson looks a good prospect but is he really going to knock Manning or Walshaw out of the team? Is Carr ahead of JC, Whitley or Johnson? Etc, if we have injuries these lads come back and are match ready, if we go the season 100% injury free we'll most likely finish top 4, everyone will be happy and a few of them may move onto pastures new for 1st team opportunities . Not really something worth being supprised or amazed about.  I'm supprised and amazed that with our tiny fan base we compete at the top end of the league in a cracking stadium and have players who are clearly happy to be here.

Good time to send them out too , no game for 2 weeks , and that’s them then available for call back if needed

Josh milnthorpe played for giants reserves 

aiden ineson for bulls reserves 

Connor Carr for Oldham 

louis collinson for Cornwall 

oli burton for hunslet 

IMG_0583.JPG

26 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Listen to lingard’s radio Leeds comments he explains about the loans etc 

Dont suppose you have a link to the interview? 

I was working and missed it 😒

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.