Hornets Top Of The league !

Joe 90

Not a good start 6-0 down after 11min, but now 6-10 (20min)

6-16 (26min) 6-22 (29min) 12-22 (35min) 12-28 (39min) HT

18-28( 45min) chance lost, defence! 18-34 (52min)

18 -38 (56min) 22- 44 (62min) defence crucial, now & later !!!

22-50 (75 min)  22-56 final - well done & makes the return journey shorter.

A bit longer journey next week 

Edited by glemiln
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Another long trip next week

An excellent winning margin today despite the travel factor….the team is gelling well in readiness for the tough May/June fixtures. 
I guess a few Hornets may wander cautiously down to Oldham tomorrow (sadly with many of the town in mourning with Latics relegated from the Football league after 115 yrs! ) to suss out Cornwall for our following Sunday (1pm) away game.  Presumably, a Saturday travel for team and some of the Hornets faithful to sample the pasties,etc….and it is 1 May with an extended May weekend.

19 minutes ago, glemiln said:

An excellent winning margin today despite the travel factor….the team is gelling well in readiness for the tough May/June fixtures. 
I guess a few Hornets may wander cautiously down to Oldham tomorrow (sadly with many of the town in mourning with Latics relegated from the Football league after 115 yrs! ) to suss out Cornwall for our following Sunday (1pm) away game.  Presumably, a Saturday travel for team and some of the Hornets faithful to sample the pasties,etc….and it is 1 May with an extended May weekend.

I'm definitely not mourning latics. They thought it was hilarious when we lost Watersheddings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s been a bad year for Sport in Oldham. So far anyway. I hope the football team recover, foreign owners are a blight on the game. Luckily Hornets aren’t big time enough to attract  these leeches. 

Neither are Latics now. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good win for Keighley , I didn’t expect Swinton to go down to a nil score. Crusaders nearly slipped up. Next weeks opponents Cornwall scored 22 points at Oldham. Were they good or were Oldham taking them lightly ?

We took our eye of the ball in the second half (no pun intended). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How would you rate them ?

You won't struggle against them,as I said we took our eye off the ball in the second half. If we'd played properly for the duration the score would've been very different. Cornwall did play in a good spirit. I hope they succeed in rugby league.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 09:27, Excolt 1 said:

Cornwall have points in them . I’m expecting/ wishing a 22-44 win .

Hope you are correct Excolt with less than their 22!  The travel could be a factor…but a Sunday 1.30pm kick-off would assume an overnight stay.🙏   The prospect of road travel from Rochdale to Cornwall (and back) on any day, especially on a May Bank holiday weekend, would bring on the Hebbie-jeebies!   Naturally, hoping for a continuation of our form in readiness for a not easy game with Midlands, and the massive clashes with Keighley, Donny and Swinton.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Hope you are correct Excolt with less than their 22!  The travel could be a factor…but a Sunday 1.30pm kick-off would assume an overnight stay.🙏   The prospect of road travel from Rochdale to Cornwall (and back) on any day, especially on a May Bank holiday weekend, would bring on the Hebbie-jeebies!   Naturally, hoping for a continuation of our form in readiness for a not easy game with Midlands, and the massive clashes with Keighley, Donny and Swinton.  

Team are staying over at least one night. The chairman has said they are also looking at the possibility of an extra night to give the lads some Cornish Rest + Relaxation after the game !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Has there ever been a more competitive League 1??

Some huge games ahead as you say, hopefully we can keep this steady momentum and improve our form and performance as the weeks go by heading into big games against the competitions favorites.

The balance does seem good this year with a largely young side and plenty local lads & academy graduates mixed in with some Super League & NRL old heads. 

Keep it going Hornets!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Joe 90 said:

Team are staying over at least one night. The chairman has said they are also looking at the possibility of an extra night to give the lads some Cornish Rest + Relaxation after the game !

Very much looking forward to seeing lots of Hornets fans at the Memorial Ground on Sunday.

Safe drive down to all.

• Like 1

Apart from the usual problems at Birmingham it is a straight forward journey even though the majority of the M5 has a 50mph restriction due to road works. You may also get slow traffic around Bristol.

It usually takes me 6-7 hours. Enjoy the journey but more so the result. Look forward to seeing you all

Edited by DaveButt
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DaveButt said:

It usually takes me 6-7 hours

Hopefully the roads are not too chaotic and that there is not another serious incident (collision) like this afternoon on the M5 - junctions 22/21.  Currently, 90 minutes delays northbound on M5 with some 13 miles of tailbacks southbound.
Safe journeys for all and an enjoyable weekend.