50% off England tickets

24 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Has this offer come through to everyone? It’s sad we have to discount tickets to £10/£5 to get them to sell, that’s probably less than any League One club charges and is certainly far less than any Super League or Championship club. It’s too cheap for an International imo.

Do you think it`s fair to say that given the lack of Rugby League internationals it may take a while for the national team to build a following. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Similar to what RLWC did with its 48 hour sale recently. 

I suppose flash sales are a better policy than last-minute mass discounting, but it'll take a couple of seasons for fans to absorb the change in policy, if indeed it is one. 

It’s not similar to the World Cup flash sale, World Cup tickets are priced high (by rugby league standards) and rightly so, the 48 hr WC offer was a category upgrade on an already expensive ticket. Today’s offer is cut price bargain basement sell it dirt cheap, they are very different promotions.

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Do you think it`s fair to say that given the lack of Rugby League internationals it may take a while for the national team to build a following. 

The problem to many is that this isn't an international and just isn't that appealing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s not similar to the World Cup flash sale, World Cup tickets are priced high (by rugby league standards) and rightly so, the 48 hr WC offer was a category upgrade on an already expensive ticket. Today’s offer is cut price bargain basement sell it dirt cheap, they are very different promotions.

Expect flash WC sales as game times get closer, and tickets sales are dissapointingly low.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Expect flash WC sales as game times get closer, and tickets sales are dissapointingly low.

I’m expecting them Harry, I’m holding off buying my World Cup tickets as I believe I’ll be able to get them for a lower price than what’s on offer right now, I suspect many fans are in the same position. 2013 was a great tournament but it was a success on the back of cheap discount coded tickets, that’s going to be a tough legacy to shake off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crashmon said:

I'd buy tickets for England v France, but would not go to this sham pointless game if you actually paid me

This. Four years since England had a home test match. It's a World Cup year and they play an exhibition game with 2 of the best English eligible players playing for the opposition 😕 

Roll up, roll up, get your tickets here!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It'll be a good game, anyone should get along if they can rather than coming up with excuses why they won't go and boring us all with it. 

Blind faith on this concept is going to see 4-5k rattling around the HJ again. They could have actually created an effective way of promoting the World Cup by having a proper international fixture. You know the one with actual countries in it. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Blind faith on this concept is going to see 4-5k rattling around the HJ again. They could have actually created an effective way of promoting the World Cup by having a proper international fixture. You know the one with actual countries in it. 

That was capped because of covid, if they struggle end up with a similar crowd this year, it’s really not a good look. 

• Like 1

I'd pay to watch England play a proper international vs another proper country (yes even Ireland, Scotland, Italy, Lebanon etc) then vs some made up team.  For me the game is as pointless as a England football vs Premier League all stars type game, but you would never see the England football team demeaning themselves in a game like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jughead said:

That was capped because of covid, if they struggle end up with a similar crowd this year, it’s really not a good look. 

Looking at the RFL ticket site it looks like they have sold fewer than 2k tickets

55 minutes ago, Scubby said:

We know you don't like it. Don't go. Just leave it instead of trashing the game constantly. 

We know the reasons why this game is on, to give the England players a tough game. We played France a few months ago. 

It is what it is, but you and others constantly saying it's rubbish is boring. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We know you don't like it. Don't go. Just leave it instead of trashing the game constantly. 

We know the reasons why this game is on, to give the England players a tough game. We played France a few months ago. 

It is what it is, but you and others constantly saying it's rubbish is boring. 

It has a bigger role than a tough 80 minutes. It is a marketing tool for the RLWC. Half the players on show will be nowhere near the England 1-17 in the WC opener. The England shirt does matter though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This in a town they have chosen to host 4 world cup fixtures in

As others have said I think this is down to it not being a proper international rather than where it is being played.

You could play this exhibition game anywhere you like and it still won’t get big crowds.

• Like 1