Disgraceful Behaviour

Hate the rec

First of all congratulations on your hard earned win today, what is not acceptable is for a professional rugby league player to shout to a young female supporter that she is a _ucking  _dirty _ lag . That female is my young daughter who was attending her first away match today, thank you number 18 Mr Greensmith  for putting her off attending a rugby league game again ! you all may be wondering why this happened ......because she clapped her team when they had scored !! 

Well done again Dewsbury on your win , a typical proud Yorkshire club with great supporter's it just a pity your players behaviour is disgraceful .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

IF that's true (and I'm not saying it isn't) then you're right ... It is disgraceful behaviour and hopefully the Rams will take appropriate action. 

It was good to see so many of your fans in the Royal Suite after the game and that's what Rugby League (mostly) is about ....  I hope it hasn't put your young lady off attending future Rugby League matches because she'll miss out on something that is generally an excellent happening ..... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

First of all congratulations on your hard earned win today, what is not acceptable is for a professional rugby league player to shout to a young female supporter that she is a _ucking  _dirty _ lag . That female is my young daughter who was attending her first away match today, thank you number 18 Mr Greensmith  for putting her off attending a rugby league game again ! you all may be wondering why this happened ......because she clapped her team when they had scored !! 

Well done again Dewsbury on your win , a typical proud Yorkshire club with great supporter's it just a pity your players behaviour is disgraceful .

Hope your daughter is ok mate, disgraceful that that's happened. I'd be raising it with the club itself if I were you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

IF that's true (and I'm not saying it isn't) then you're right ... It is disgraceful behaviour and hopefully the Rams will take appropriate action. 

It was good to see so many of your fans in the Royal Suite after the game and that's what Rugby League (mostly) is about ....  I hope it hasn't put your young lady off attending future Rugby League matches because she'll miss out on something that is generally an excellent happening ..... 

Thank you for your concern mate , it was true and witnessed by a number of people, a complaint will be sent to your board of directors in due course, she was very upset and crying as had done nothing wrong , hopefully she will continue supporting her team and RL as it is a fantastic sport, Mr Greensmith is a young man with a lot talent but he needs to learn to respect women in our sport and in general.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

From a wider Rugby League viewpoint and clearly more so from a local aspect, there is no call for that sort of language in any form. 

Such language from a player is worse and rightfully you should report the issue to the club. It’s not good for the club, or the game and, as a Dewsbury supporter, it saddens me that it is my club which is involved. 

I do hope your daughter can put the incident to one side and she continues to support our game and your club. 

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

From a wider Rugby League viewpoint and clearly more so from a local aspect, there is no call for that sort of language in any form. 

Such language from a player is worse and rightfully you should report the issue to the club. It’s not good for the club, or the game and, as a Dewsbury supporter, it saddens me that it is my club which is involved. 

I do hope your daughter can put the incident to one side and she continues to support our game and your club. 

I second that, wholeheartedly. There can be no justification whatsoever for that behaviour. Please convince her that this is not normal by any means and that there is so much to enjoy from following RL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This is not an isolated incident 

Johnny Campbell swearing at a female ball person & been aggressive towards her. 

Nothing became of that incident 

I'm not sure but I don't think an apology was even issued by Mr Campbell. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

A email has been sent to the Dewsbury chairman Mr Sawyer and the RFL regarding the incident.

Thanks everyone for your support it's much appreciated.

I spoke to the young lady involved just after the alleged incident had taken place and she was visibly upset,can't blame her either. Hope you get it sorted,and I hope it doesn't put her off following the game in future. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I spoke to the young lady involved just after the alleged incident had taken place and she was visibly upset,can't blame her either. Hope you get it sorted,and I hope it doesn't put her off following the game in future. 

Thanks  Graham , we have had a quick response from Mr Sawyer and the RFL who are both looking into the incident and will keep us informed on proceedings, thanks again for your concern .

• Like 3

Just looked at the video and after the Workington try 4:40 a female Workington "fan" makes "hand gestures" towards Rams players and then goes down to the fence shouting and is guided back by a steward. Maybe the reaction was against this "fan"? Players shouldn't get involved, but maybe an explanation? I'm assuming this female wasn't your daughter and the comment was directed perhaps directed at the wrong person.

https://youtu.be/oHeGMBccHFg

Edited by Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Just looked at the video and after the Workington try 4:40 a female Workington "fan" makes "hand gestures" towards Rams players and then goes down to the fence shouting and is guided back by a steward. Maybe the reaction was against this "fan"? Players shouldn't get involved, but maybe an explanation? I'm assuming this female wasn't your daughter and the comment was directed perhaps directed at the wrong person.

Always 2 sides to every story🤔

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It would be very interesting to know if that is indeed the lady involved.I'm sorry but foul and abusive language is just normal  for young people now.

To put the record straight this is my daughter in question, if you watch the video a few seconds earlier you can quite clearly see that she does nothing at all, it is his comments later that made her react and go to the front, if you also watch the other town fans you can see their anger as they heard the comments.

I might add it has by investigated by the Dewsbury Rams chairman Mr Sawyer in a very professional and timely manner and a letter off apology has been received off Ollie Greensmith to my daughter and as far as we are concerned the matter is now closed.

I would personally like to thank Mr Sawyer in the way he has handled this unfortunate incident.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 30/04/2022 at 22:11, Hate the rec said:

To put the record straight this is my daughter in question, if you watch the video a few seconds earlier you can quite clearly see that she does nothing at all, it is his comments later that made her react and go to the front, if you also watch the other town fans you can see their anger as they heard the comments.

I might add it has by investigated by the Dewsbury Rams chairman Mr Sawyer in a very professional and timely manner and a letter off apology has been received off Ollie Greensmith to my daughter and as far as we are concerned the matter is now closed.

I would personally like to thank Mr Sawyer in the way he has handled this unfortunate incident.

See you both next season.

• Haha 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 30/04/2022 at 22:11, Hate the rec said:

Very good,well done Mr Sawyer.

• Like 3