Oldham

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

To be used for rugby league in perpetuity?

So adding bits to it to raise it to, say, Championship standard but with Hollinwood remaining as tenants as well would absolutely fit the terms of the trust?

Yes this is what I'm getting at. I'm not sure if the distinction between owner and trustee matters in this case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes this is what I'm getting at. I'm not sure if the distinction between owner and trustee matters in this case.

I have no idea what scope there is on the land for development but my highly limited understanding of these things is that if it actually enhanced RL provision then it would be in the terms of the trust and achievable with the will to do so.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

The RFL don't own, simply hold the land in trust.

Surely the land is owned by the Trust and the RFL are the trustees?

Beyond that fact that the land must be used for certain (RL) purposes and must remain in trust, it seems to be a difference without a distinction 

• Like 1

A Trust is the way an asset is owned.

Alternatively it could be a workers collective, a limited company, a Royal Estate, a co-operative or a State owned facility. Other ways it could be held. 

The RFL are the trustees. They own it. So why don't they use it?

Edited by idrewthehaggis

• 2 weeks later...