London (A)

Wakefield Ram

Well another big game and after London's 64-0 dribbling at Leigh then another good chance to win. 

Matty Beharrels injury is a real blow but Dom Speakman stepped in well and with Sykes taking on the line and making breaks and either Smith or Sweeting to fill in, all is not lost.

Hopefully we might have Peltier back (Magrin was great yesterday) and think we will win this one. If we do, this will put some real breathing space between us London and Workington.

• Like 1

Big game for you guys, if you win you might not just send London down, you could (possibly will) send London out of business. 

London is in a bad shape not just on the pitch but everywhere else as well.  Enjoy the day, enjoy the ground, and make an occasion out of it, it could be the last time you play London in there current form

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

Big game for you guys, if you win you might not just send London down, you could (possibly will) send London out of business. 

London is in a bad shape not just on the pitch but everywhere else as well.  Enjoy the day, enjoy the ground, and make an occasion out of it, it could be the last time you play London in there current form

That is very sad to hear about London.What on earth has gone on.I thought they had good backer.

52 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Say London go bust before the end of season, would 2 still go down?

No

London would be in the equation with Workington for relegation 

And 2 teams promoted from championship 1

They've had an extra team added this season (Cornwall) 

So a team dropping out wouldn't make a difference 🤔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

London's problems are 75% self inflicted and 25% RFL

Basically moving to a shiney new stadium with much higher rent, then moving the team to Part Time, and assuming most of the 2020 and 2021 squad would stay, (no surprise when 90% of the players left instead) plus hiking Season Tickets from 99GBP to 249GBP, and then on top of that banning their few remaining supporters on social media for extremely trivial issues (like saying the new kit was a poor mans wire kit for instance).

The RFL part of the blame is not understanding that the cost of Living in london is far higher than anywhere else (for instance house prices in Wimbledon or surrounding area's are like 500K for a 2 bed house vs like 150K or something in Yorkshire / Lancashire). You need to be earning 60K down here just to be able to live in a small flat.

Edited by crashmon
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Basically moving to a shiney new stadium with much higher rent, then moving the team to Part Time, and assuming most of the 2020 and 2021 squad would stay, (no surprise when 90% of the players left instead) plus hiking Season Tickets from 99GBP to 249GBP, and then on top of that banning their few remaining supporters on social media for extremely trivial issues (like saying the new kit was a poor mans wire kit for instance).

The RFL part of the blame is not understanding that the cost of Living in london is far higher than anywhere else (for instance house prices in Wimbledon or surrounding area's are like 500K for a 2 bed house vs like 150K or something in Yorkshire / Lancashire). You need to be earning 60K down here just to be able to live in a small flat.

Personally 

I hope their misery continues for another week🤔

A Rams win is a must and nothing less will be acceptable 

Feel for the London fans as they're fantastic

Hoping for a Rams win.. At anybody's cost 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by coolie

2 hours ago, crashmon said:

How are the RFL responsible for London house prices?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Union clubs in the capital can pay mich higher match day fees than the League clubs. If your an up and coming rugby player in London, unless the RFL is going to put significent funding into bringing players through in London, your going to go and play Union as there is far more money in it for you.

I'm not saying that RFL should provide money directly to London clubs, but if you want to not just have RL as a small time game in just three regions in the north of the UK,  you will have to break into the London market, and you need to invest money to do that.

Sky's revenues are shrinking owing to streaming taking over, so the money they will invest in RL will also shrink, as Sky will always prioritize Football over any other sport they will pay for.

I'd say its 50/50 if either the Broncos or Skolars survive into next year, so in 2023 there is a very good chance you would have no London (or southern clubs) at all in the three pro / semi pro leagues. I know you could say cornwall, but cornwall is south west, thats like comparing Barrow to Hull in terms of location

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to my visit to London this weekend. Let’s see what Wimbledon as to offer

Over the years I’ve seen London/Fulham play at 

Fulham

chiswick

Charlton

Brentford

Stoop

Barnet

Trailfinders 

Of all of them I thought they had it right at the Trailfinders once you learnt the local transport links in to London. 

17 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

What do you find so funny NickD?

That he’s out long term or the fact he’s fractured his eye socket?

Apologies.  No idea why funny icon was clicked.   Most likely my fat thumbs.  

• Like 2

I have enjoyed a number of jaunts down to the metrolopse, including our very first meeting with Fulham at Craven Cottage, but I am sad to say that I will be giving this one a miss. I expect that I won't be the exception.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I have enjoyed a number of jaunts down to the metrolopse, including our very first meeting with Fulham at Craven Cottage, but I am sad to say that I will be giving this one a miss. I expect that I won't be the exception.

+1

Let's have it cold, hard & blunt

This bunch of players are not a dead loss, their is enough character & personality to get a result down in London.. Not because we need the points.. But have to get the points, victory on Sunday puts us in a position to then run down Whitehaven, I'm confident 14 points will keep us up.. And we might even stay up on 12 points.. So we would be half way there if we can over turn London 

Result.. We win at all costs

MOTM... I want to see all 17 of them

First try.. Can be in the last minute if it wins the game

ATT not very many at all

Nothing left in the changing rooms

Pride in wearing the shirt

And bring 2 points home to lift the team, the fans, the club

Do us proud boys 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 2

LG gets a lot of criticism on here, not least from me, but he deserves credit here for only 1 DR player from Hull KR. He easily could have gone for broke but he's showed faith in his squad. 

If we turn our pressure into points, we can win this and I think we will. The players effort is never in question. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

LG gets a lot of criticism on here, not least from me, but he deserves credit here for only 1 DR player from Hull KR. He easily could have gone for broke but he's showed faith in his squad. 

If we turn our pressure into points, we can win this and I think we will. The players effort is never in question. 

"pressure into points" That's it we haven't all season. Against W.T We had loads of ball and very nearly lost the game.I agree the players effort is never in doubt.A win against London could be vital.

Another must win match and I would like to think we can do it, but there is a little in me that suggests London might pinch it, but let’s be positive:

Lindon 16-22 Dewsbury 

FTS: Sykes

MoM: Sykes

Att:: 648

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Where was Dixon today? They must have missed his all round efforts. 36,our coach doesn't know anything past 20. I'm sick of hearing grubber kicks-our coach doesn't believe in them.RL top to bottom is in a right mess.Widnes and Bradford and Leeds all struggling.League 1 those scorelines, embarrassing to the sport. Just like lee keeping his job.