London (A)

Wakefield Ram

On 29/04/2022 at 21:40, Piggy's mate said:

Big weekend... 😬

Can't see LG being in charge of the next game tbh

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

My thoughts on the game. 
a very poor start our middles got absolutely pumped which gave Chisholm the space to weave his magic. It took about 25 minutes to get any real good ball and possession. Came close a couple of time but really needed to score in this period before HT

2nd half the lads came out a different team and played with intent,both halves and full backs linked well and caused London no end of problems. At 22-12 I thought had we scored next we could have won the match. The momentum turned on the sin bin and resulting penalty,the lads were shot by that point and 2 back to back tries made it a flattering scoreline. 
I’m told Dane Chisholm was playing his last game for London which is a shame as without him today I’m sure we would have won. 
A very nice stadium in a unique setting,a bit of a walk from the nearest tube station but well worth this visit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Result aside it was one of my favourite away games in a long time. I know London aren't great at the moment but I stayed in the stadium bar until 8pm and the home fans were still singing and dancing. Brilliant bar and beers. The rugby league heart beats outside the M62 for sure.

• Like 5

Difficult one this. Without a doubt it is time for a change that is absolutely clear. Team personnel and structure changes every single game. Get a core group and stick with it. Stop this constant chopping and changing. Dual reg is a joke and stops in house players from developing. Just forget dual reg and concentrate on the clubs own resources. Take some hits along the way but forget about mates rates selections, lower the age demographic profile and input a development plan to evolve as a club. The future could ultimately end up being brighter! 

• Like 4