And so onto Workington

RogerT

One of the few grounds I have not been to, I fancy a trip up there. I'm hoping it's not a banana skin job. 

Who's going, as KTF says lets get there in numbers.

5 hours ago, distantdog said:

Yes!! Got a bargain fare on the train. 

dont keep it under you hat, you can look after Roger for the day. 

but i guess your up north or down south..and not setting off from Batley.

Edited by RPH
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

He's upt North.

Worked out my train travel the only problem is getting from Birstall to Leeds early sunday morning.

25 minutes ago, RPH said:

dont keep it under you hat, you can look after Roger for the day. 

but i guess your up north or down south..and no setting off from Batley.

North, Newcastle to Workington - £2.70 (return) and 80p of that was the booking fee.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RogerT said:

He's upt North.

Worked out my train travel the only problem is getting from Birstall to Leeds early sunday morning.

Have you looked at the timings back to Leeds? Looking like a no from me 😔, unless anybody's got a spare seat !!

Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog.

So long as you get the 17.05 or there abouts train it gets into Leeds for 22.09, and apparantly the station is outside the ground.

The price is £36 then there is a 50% sale on them so should be about £18.00. That's return.

Edited by RogerT

31 minutes ago, phildog said:

Don't forget it's a 2pm kick off so 17.05 train should be easily manageable.

Cheers.

Worky won't lie down on their own patch, they're striving to show that they're not as bad as everyone thinks and I think they'll put up more of a fight early doors. We'll have to start with same energy and effort and wear them down. I think instead of getting points on the board and have it done and dusted by halftime like Widnes we'll have to wait til until the hour mark to start pulling away. Town 14 Dogs 40.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phildog said:

I think instead of getting points on the board and have it done and dusted by halftime like Widnes we'll have to wait til until the hour mark to start pulling away. Town 14 Dogs 40.

you cant take things easy in any game, if Worky let you score 22 points in the first half.

you got to go with the flow. 

• Like 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

4 hours ago, coolie said:

They are far the worst team in the division 

Only by a one pointer 😉

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I was just thinking the same, and they are a different proposition at home.😆

Shipped in over 100 points in 3 games at home against top 6 teams 

I expect Batley to continue the 40+ points average on Sunday 🤔

Not the fortress it once was 🤔

15 minutes ago, coolie said:

Shipped in over 100 points in 3 games at home against top 6 teams 

I expect Batley to continue the 40+ points average on Sunday 🤔

Not the fortress it once was 🤔

I hope you are right, it's a long trip home when we've lost. 

I wonder how long it takes to break the habit of going into games thinking we are unlikely to win? 

I must admit though, I'm really looking forward to making the journey. It's been a long time since my last trip up to Workington.

• Like 1

I hate the phrase on paper! We play on grass most of the time! linners needs to keep the boys switched on and the intensity high like the last few weeks , plenty of  banana skins in this division, how many times do teams think they just have to turn up and its game over, everybody predicting a high score workington is a long way and they won't just  lay down and roll over, batley would be a big scalp for them, a win is a must  for us whether its by 2 points or 50.good luck to the boys il be listening in.

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

They are quite soft up the middle with forwards able to break through enough to get the ball away. If you have players who support properly (unlike some teams!) you will score at will. A few of their lads are carrying a fair bit of timber, too.

Win by 30 pts I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

No, but we have a couple of guys from the darkside contributing. Just as long as we win we will be happy.

• Like 1