And so onto Workington

RogerT

2 hours ago, town blue said:

Quite a lot of activity on here considering you lot are playing the rock bottom team, are you getting worried we are improving, so be aware an upset is on the cards (lol).

Just noticed there is no match day thread on your forum. Is it that there is no more interest throughout your supporters. Its amazing when things aren't going too well how supporters abandon ship. 

3 hours ago, town blue said:

Quite a lot of activity on here considering you lot are playing the rock bottom team, are you getting worried we are improving, so be aware an upset is on the cards (lol).

This is a tough division, and one of the most competitive in years. Any team going into a game below par are very likely to get beaten. A bad bounce of the ball, a poor call by the ref or a handling error at the wrong time can all play a big part in success and failure. If the players go into it thinking all they have to do is turn up, it will a long afternoon.

I think we learned that through being out-enthused by Dewsbury for 40 minutes. That we had learned our lesson was quite clear on Sunday just gone. Sorry Town fans, but if we get the same roll on this week ....

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Just noticed there is no match day thread on your forum. Is it that there is no more interest throughout your supporters. Its amazing when things aren't going too well how supporters abandon ship. 

We don't have the luxury of a settled side like Batley at the moment therefore we find the topic of new signings more interesting than Sunday's game. Regarding overall postings look at the numbers over the last several years, sadly the numbers are declining because of postings on other sites such has Facebook. One thing is for certain the postees on our forum have a better sense of humour, maybe it's a Cumbria / Yorkshire thing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, town blue said:

We don't have the luxury of a settled side like Batley at the moment therefore we find the topic of new signings more interesting than Sunday's game. Regarding overall postings look at the numbers over the last several years, sadly the numbers are declining because of postings on other sites such has Facebook. One thing is for certain the postees on our forum have a better sense of humour, maybe it's a Cumbria / Yorkshire thing.

What an interesting and thought provoking response. Batley have a settled side currently, though it was only a few games ago that we took a point from the still unbeaten league leaders with the only fit 17 players we had at the club! I would have thought that the highlight of any sports club's week should be the games that are played rather than the news of new players overshadowing that but maybe I am wrong on that.

And finally, I will resist the temptation to respond to your final point by suggesting that it probably needs a decent sense of humour to watch Workington at the moment as that wouldn't be fair.

Am looking forward to making my way across to Workington for Sunday's game, the excitement is building!

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 3

It'll be a cracker of a game for whichever reason you may choose. Any visit to Cumbria is always a hard day out. As I said before Town will have several points to prove and any team that isn't on it's toes isn't paying attention. 

• Like 1

These are the worst games to predict. We should beat them comfortably, but I take nothing for granted

Worky 10 Dogs 46

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

If anybody wants to see both squads 21 names go onto the Workington RLFC website they are showing them, I know that until kick off time things can change.

Manning could have, should have. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Am I paranoid or does there sem to be a theme lately of clubs announcing incomers just in time for their Bulldogs fixture? Just waiting for Leigh to be getting jittery!!

We're playing like a side who have travelled 200 miles and expected to walk out and win. Attitude and aptitude are poor today.

• Like 1