And so onto Workington

RogerT

29 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Were we that bad Phil. 

We weren't great. Our attack lacked fluency and we didn't have much Of a clue at times on the last tackle. 

Our defence was OK and they didn't look like scoring in the second half except right at the end. I'm not sure how they didn't on that occasion. 

• Like 1

A wins a win, let's move on 😎

• Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

A wins a win, let's move on 😎

I expected more from you today 

But as you say a win is a win🤔

Unlike our drivel 

Apparently we've removed omelettes from the menu

As we couldn't even beat the eggs 🤔

Well done👏👏👏👏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

We weren't great. Our attack lacked fluency and we didn't have much Of a clue at times on the last tackle. 

Our defence was OK and they didn't look like scoring in the second half except right at the end. I'm not sure how they didn't on that occasion. 

On Radio Cumbria  said tackle from Leaky dislodged the ball. 

• Like 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I feel for you guys, I really do. Every year, you have nothing more to look forward to, than upper table mediocrity, no chance of SL, little chance of relegation, in fact nothing to get excited about at all. You really should consider defecting to the Rams and getting some uncertainty into your lives. Spending every season looking nervously over your shoulders and hoping that at least two clubs are going to be worse than you are, wondering where your next win will come from, checking out Google Earth to see where Cornwall and West Wales are. Live life on the edge guys, and join the Rams faithful - we could do with your huge fan base. Seriously, the last time I enjoyed being a Rams fan was the year of Wozzas invincibles.Bring on 2023 and Ch1. 🥱

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

You’ve got to give credit to Workington, got in our faces and rarely made any errors. They grew into the game and deserved that HT lead. Some of our decision making today was very poor, but we can’t always play with the fluency and strike of last week.

We should’ve taken the one pointer about 10 minutes before we started trying, we were in front of the posts, and they weren’t expecting it..

Man of the match choice might be a struggle, but I think Leaky today lead from the front second half, he made the difference.

• Like 3

As I said last week we play on grass not paper! A lot of our fans  expected an easy victory today, listening on the radio we probably had our worst game so far this season and came away with a win, I suppose we were due a scrappy one! like I said there are no easy games in this division, hopefully the boys learn from this one, 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Interesting as l never saw  Leak and their guy looked clear through just a couple of metres short of the line. 

Mark just got back, he thought it was Hodson, will look on game video when I get it on Tuesday.

What do Radio Cumbria know???

Linners has just said it was Dane Manning.What do Radio Cumbria and Mark B know 🤣🤣

Edited by colinb
  • Like 2

res 10.jpg

tab 10.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Just watched the highlights; Manu missed the intercept and George put in an at best half-hearted effort. 2nd try winger and centre were in each others pocket leaving an open space out wide, seems to be a regular failing of ours whoever is in those positions. Our last try, did their defender have an argument for being shouldered off? On such minute things....

12 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I feel for you guys, I really do. Every year, you have nothing more to look forward to, than upper table mediocrity, no chance of SL, little chance of relegation, in fact nothing to get excited about at all. You really should consider defecting to the Rams and getting some uncertainty into your lives. Spending every season looking nervously over your shoulders and hoping that at least two clubs are going to be worse than you are, wondering where your next win will come from, checking out Google Earth to see where Cornwall and West Wales are. Live life on the edge guys, and join the Rams faithful - we could do with your huge fan base. Seriously, the last time I enjoyed being a Rams fan was the year of Wozzas invincibles.Bring on 2023 and Ch1. 🥱

Agent greenwood and agent sawyer doing wonderful stuff leave them too it 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, colinb said:

Mark just got back, he thought it was Hodson, will look on game video when I get it on Tuesday.

What do Radio Cumbria know???

Linners has just said it was Dane Manning.What do Radio Cumbria and Mark B know 🤣🤣

I must admit, I thought it was Hodson, but there were quite a few bodies around it, and it was at the far side to me. Quite how they didn't score was bona fide miracle! He looked to be over the line when he lost the ball.

Looking at the photo's on the Workington forum it certainly looks like Hodson did the deed, also there's one proving that Campbell was tackled in the air at the very end, yes the Workington lad is entitled to contest for the ball, but not tackle the catcher in the air.

Dane Manning as broken his try duck this season, just 3 more players to go, out of what I call the main squad.

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Looking at the photo's on the Workington forum it certainly looks like Hodson did the deed, also there's one proving that Campbell was tackled in the air at the very end, yes the Workington lad is entitled to contest for the ball, but not tackle the catcher in the air.

Dane Manning as broken his try duck this season, just 3 more players to go, out of what I call the main squad.

I think those photo's make it look like Manning made the tackle and Hodson picked the ball up. Either way the outcome was the same.

4 hours ago, phildog said:

Shame the (very) brief highlights don't include that last bit, we'd be sure then.

Dvd or Usb available at the Leigh game, it's on there!!. Only £5. Available at the BISSA stall. 

Edited by colinb
  • Like 5