Kear Leaves The Bulls

• LeeF changed the title to Kear Leaves The Bulls

8 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Gary Thornton I've heard.

• Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/1446/kear-leaves-by-mutual-consent

Official statement says 'mutual consent' but as always there'll be speculation over how much that was the case.

His contract was up at the end of the season anyway, and I doubt another one was to be forthcoming. Perhaps he decided taking the pay off and concentrating on his TV work was better than getting the grief from Bulls fans?

Either way, he deserves our grateful thanks for coming in when the club was a total shambles and steering us to promotion and then the playoffs. He can't affect the problems that Shropshire Bulls mentions - the ground, the lack of money, the infrastructure - but he did a good job on the field and was a good ambassador for the club off the field

Thank you John

Big decision coming up for Big Nigel now. And the appointment will tell us lots about the ambition of the club going forward.

• Like 1

Two defeats to Leigh, a defeat to Fev, a one point defeat by Barrow, a three point loss to Halifax, and a disappointing result against Sheffield. On the face of it, it doesn’t look that bad. I think most will lose to Leigh and Featherstone and I’d personally have Bradford in the mix with Barrow, Halifax and possibly even Sheffield as that next group of clubs that could finish anywhere between 3rd and about 9th. 

That said, I haven’t watched Bradford so the style of rugby they’re playing may come in to it, too. 

• Like 1

The team has been too soft all season.

I've hated Kear's one dimensional rugby from the day he arrived. It'll keep you in this division but never get you promoted. Stalwarts arrive and youngsters leave.

I'd like Scott Naylor to be the new coach, if he's interested. He'd put a bit of passion into a team that's got more talent than results indicate.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

It’ll be interested to see if the next coach can implement a more expansive style of rugby on the odsal pitch , then we’ll be able to differentiate between Kears tactics and what influence the pitch dictates the tactics. Regardless as an outsider I would be focusing on the strength and conditioning, overweight players and multiple injuries are no coincidence imo.

Edited by Rockingchair
  • Like 5

I had a friend who played for Pontypool in the 1970's when it was one of the best rugby union teams in Britain. At that time, there were no full-time players. When any new player joined, he was told in no uncertain teams by the coach (Ray Prosser ... a legend in the game) that the club wasn't there to get any player fit. It was the player's job to get himself fit and the club's job to coach him.

From the terrace, I'd say that 60% of the Bulls players look a at least a stone overweight compared to their Superleague contemporaries. I remember Joe Vagana saying that, when he was at the Bulls, players were given diets and weighed every week. If somebody came in and instilled a similar regime, there'd be no doubt about making the playoffs ... which is as much as we can hope for with this squad and this pitch.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

52 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

It's the stability gone. I'd rather he'd have had an understudy and promote from within. Who would I have? Who's available? Ironically I'd have had Rohan Smith back.

Or Tony, now?

Rank average squad, it’s no surprise to see them struggling. Not sure where the club hierarchy thought they would finish this season, but the club seems to suffer delusions of grandeur. They are a million miles away from challenging for promotion. The best thing for the club would have been liquidation 5 years ago. A chance to rebuild away from that godawful stadium. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Wonder if Kear may consider returning to one of his previous clubs as director of rugby.

Not that I hold out much hope of it happening ( our owner isn’t renowned for making too many smart decisions) but Jermaine Coleman is clearly out of his depth coaching in the Championship, David Hughes should get on the blower pronto to John Kear and get him in at the Broncos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

I´d like the Batley coach because he gets in playoffs with no money and with a bit more of a budget might be brutally . Otherwise some academy coach who wants to play some more expansive rugby. 

One of their former coaches used to do that too. JK were his initials.

Keep your hands off! 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RfE said:

Not that I hold out much hope of it happening ( our owner isn’t renowned for making too many smart decisions) but Jermaine Coleman is clearly out of his depth coaching in the Championship, David Hughes should get on the blower pronto to John Kear and get him in at the Broncos. 

I think he means Wakefield.

13 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

One of their former coaches used to do that too. JK were his initials.

Keep your hands off! 🤣

Lingard is a great shout though and must be on Bradford's radar? Would he go?

Edited by Scubby

40 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

Rank average squad, it’s no surprise to see them struggling. Not sure where the club hierarchy thought they would finish this season, but the club seems to suffer delusions of grandeur. They are a million miles away from challenging for promotion. The best thing for the club would have been liquidation 5 years ago. A chance to rebuild away from that godawful stadium. 

We DID get liquidated 5 years ago.

The "new" Bulls ended up with yet more penniless owners hand selected by the guy who is - surprise surprise - now the current owner.

I don't know if he has "delusions of grandeur" because he's basically said nothing about his plans or vision for the club - beyond the usual platitudes - since he took over.

Now would actually be a good time for Nigel Wood to tell us all what he envisions for the club, because I don't think any of us have a clue

• Like 4

Why would craig go to bulls,He could grab a lot better job for sure in next couple a years if he so likes to,he  is a massive part a the batley setup and were playing some  the best rugby in years, JK to cas sounds about right  thou for 2023.Diskin to bulls./

• Like 3