Widnes Sack Finnegan

LeagueConvert

Who's next for the chop I wonder?

• Confused 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Looks better on his CV as well😉

True, but if he goes for another coaching job everyone will know the truth 😂😂

Next job interview

" So, Mr Finnegan, why did you decide to leave Widnes and become unemployed?"

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

True, but if he goes for another coaching job everyone will know the truth 😂😂

Next job interview

" So, Mr Finnegan, why did you decide to leave Widnes and become unemployed?"

He might shave his head and say he's John Kear....oh wait he got sacked as well🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, RogerT said:

No sacked it not by mutual consent, they chose to part company together.

Not really. He would have a fixed term contract which has simply been terminated but will be paid in full.

If you read the press release it is clear that he has been sacked.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You should be worried PM - two big clubs looking to snare a relatively successful coach from a smaller club, especially one that used to boast that they never signed contracts with coaches.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Yes it just avoids having to go through a formal disciplinary and dismissal process. 

Irrelevant to a fixed term contract WR.

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's all  FEV;s fault we beat Bulls kear leaves   going to play widnes on sunday finnigan leaves

Funny thing  we play you the week after  so wonder if FEV can get a hat trick🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You should be worried PM - two big clubs looking to snare a relatively successful coach from a smaller club, especially one that used to boast that they never signed contracts with coaches.

Joking aside, he will be looked at and approached I'm sure, what he has achieved on a restricted budget is just what both clubs need.

Money talks I'm afraid and he won't be the first to move on for more money and a higher profile club.

• Like 2

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

21 hours ago, RogerT said:

No sacked it not by mutual consent, they chose to part company together.

It's like saying

Roger I'm going to shoot you

And you say I'm going to shoot you

But if we agree not to shoot each other.. That's mutual consent 

Even though I've been wanting to shoot you for ages and I need an excuse not to waste a bullet

But need the job done 🤔🤣

3 hours ago, POR said:

It's all  FEV;s fault we beat Bulls kear leaves   going to play widnes on sunday finnigan leaves

Funny thing  we play you the week after  so wonder if FEV can get a hat trick🤣🤣🤣

Wow... Just imagine that

Featherstone the coach killers

Surely that would be some kind of record that feat🤔

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Depends. Fixed term doesn't mean they can terminate your contract immediately with no notice. It didn't with the one I had or I wouldn't have signed it.

I mean that it will still have to be paid up - not a sacking as such. Not really important but just demonstrating the meaningless nature of such " mutual agreement" statements.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I mean that it will still have to be paid up - not a sacking as such. Not really important but just demonstrating the meaningless nature of such " mutual agreement" statements.

I can't reveal my source but one former high profile player who signed for a Championship club, didn't get fully paid off from his contract with them, the club ended up agreeing to pay for his wedding😊

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I can't reveal my source but one former high profile player who signed for a Championship club, didn't get fully paid off from his contract with them, the club ended up agreeing to pay for his wedding😊

Can't be Ferris 🤔

He only breaks marriage's

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's OK we've Danny Maun itching for a crack at it...

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 27/04/2022 at 07:35, Piggy's mate said:

12 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

It's OK we've Danny Maun itching for a crack at it...

If it’s our man for the chop, then perhaps we should pinch Danny Maun from under your noses. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.