Match thread: Championship Rd 10. Featherstone Rovers v WIdnes. Sunday 1st May 2022.

marklaspalmas

I thought we negotiated what could have been a tricky match at Odsal pretty well.

Next up Widnes, in terrible form and just sacked the coach.

Everything points to an easy Fev win, always enjoyable against a club who loved thrashing us 30 years ago.

But you never know.

The usual rejigging of our competitive squad no doubt.

Outside the XVII who beat Bradford, we've got Connor Jones, hopefully Adam Cuthberston, maybe Brett Ferres all ready for a run out.

No update yet on Joey Leilua.....

The right kind of selection headaches for Big Mac

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Widnes have cancelled their supporters coaches due to lack of interest so the 5k att that the club keep requesting wont be happening this week 

shame , a lot of clubs now struggling to fill coaches ,the economy is biting hard now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I thought we negotiated what could have been a tricky match at Odsal pretty well.

Next up Widnes, in terrible form and just sacked the coach.

Everything points to an easy Fev win, always enjoyable against a club who loved thrashing us 30 years ago.

But you never know.

The usual rejigging of our competitive squad no doubt.

Outside the XVII who beat Bradford, we've got Connor Jones, hopefully Adam Cuthberston, maybe Brett Ferres all ready for a run out.

Mark they certainly did use to thrash us,usually in the 40's,50's and 60 points,how times change.

4 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Would have thought they're all in contention  with Callum joining thunder on loan ljust leaves us with 22 so it's hobsons choice who misses out

5 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Widnes have cancelled their supporters coaches due to lack of interest so the 5k att that the club keep requesting wont be happening this week 

i wouldnt be so sure they wont of been expecting many widnes fans certainly 1 coach full wont make a difference there going on tickets sold

3 hours ago, gingdong said:

i wouldnt be so sure they wont of been expecting many widnes fans certainly 1 coach full wont make a difference there going on tickets sold

Really hope so - hope we get the support because its clear the away support from most clubs isnt happening - although we probably suspected that 

17 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Really hope so - hope we get the support because its clear the away support from most clubs isnt happening - although we probably suspected that 

Apart from the die hards fans arnt going to spend money expecting a heavy ? defeat. Although you never know some games.

18 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

no mate you cant rely on away support i think club done a fantastic job of bigging every home game as an avent in its own right

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Have we had a team announced for the Widnes game yet?

NO RFL web down and FEV twitter more bothered about tyla hepi signing  than squad

announcement but watch this space 🤣

13 minutes ago, haskey said:

Only 20 players listed, I wonder why?

I  see Joey is down on the squad list  but will he play ?

Chance to slot in the 21st as our latest signing? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

13 minutes ago, haskey said:

Only 20 players listed, I wonder why?

I  see Joey is down on the squad list  but will he play ?

YES bradford not in squad  widnes back in  squad for a reason 

On 28/04/2022 at 18:54, gingdong said:

no mate you cant rely on away support i think club done a fantastic job of bigging every home game as an avent in its own right

It's really good to see the increases in home support this year. As someone who lives outside the area, what has changed this season that's having such an effect? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Now we come to the nitty gritty team selection  I would make 3 changes  from the starting 13 against the bulls 

1 joey back in squad after two weeks out so  he plays in stead of Ben

2 80 mins matty replaced by connor 

3 after his cameo role on monday just like kopps did against sheffield the week before starting  against barrow jesse starts for JD

As for the bench well that's up in the air at the moment waiting for number 21 because that selection could really put the cat among the pigeons 🐦🐈‍⬛🐦 having said that though would put JD at 14  and line up the other three next to him 

No switching ends today as posted on the club's webpage:

The Ward Hygiene Stand has been designated as the away end for today’s game, therefore it will not be possible to switch ends at half time.

9 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

No switching ends today as posted on the club's webpage:

The Ward Hygiene Stand has been designated as the away end for today’s game, therefore it will not be possible to switch ends at half time.

Think half of The Stable Stand would be enough + standing terrace.No thoght for spectators who like to stand or sit behind the posts.I will be surprised if we get more than 400 from Widnes.