Match thread: Championship Rd 10. Featherstone Rovers v WIdnes. Sunday 1st May 2022.

marklaspalmas

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Think half of The Stable Stand would be enough + standing terrace.No thoght for spectators who like to stand or sit behind the posts.I will be surprised if we get more than 400 from Widnes.

I'd be surprised at owt over 100 if I'm honest. They cancelled all there busses due to lack of uptake

I think that we may need to find a way to divide the 'away' end in future. I don't know how many that end holds, but if the end we were in at York holds 900, it has to be more than that. If it's 1500 them that means we can only have 5500 home fans in.

Good to see a big crowd expected. It would be nice to have a good atmosphere and keep building attendance, though I expect there will be some folk unhappy they can't sit where they normally do.

• Like 1

Spot on BBM . Ir has always been the tradition for both sets of supporters who wish to change ends to do so.With the usual banter behind the family stand as they pass.What is wrong with that . Over to you Mr Vickers.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, haskey said:

Spot on BBM . Ir has always been the tradition for both sets of supporters who wish to change ends to do so.With the usual banter behind the family stand as they pass.What is wrong with that . Over to you Mr Vickers.

There was trouble all be it after the match last season with Widnes so is it worth the risk? Don't you think Rovers only have to sneeze sometimes to be in trouble lol. Hopefully be back to normal for rest of games.

7 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think that we may need to find a way to divide the 'away' end in future. I don't know how many that end holds, but if the end we were in at York holds 900, it has to be more than that. If it's 1500 them that means we can only have 5500 home fans in.

Good to see a big crowd expected. It would be nice to have a good atmosphere and keep building attendance, though I expect there will be some folk unhappy they can't sit where they normally do.

Like football there should be a designated stand for away fans  and park the coaches behind the stand, we can and have done this so problem solved. Why anyone wants to cause trouble is beyond me!

• Like 1

Men against boys today and with Widnes missing a few they offered nothing going forward. After an early knock on by Kheirallah gave them the ball 10m out I dont think they had another play-the-ball in our 20m for the rest of the half whereas we made metres so easily I dont think we kicked from inside our half the entire game. We scored some good tries in the 2nd half, acknowledging how poor the opposition was.

Hope Gaz Gale is OK, went off with an arm/wrist injury after what looked like a shoulder charge from Farnworth. Jacks went off too but looked like just a precaution and he looked fine post-game.

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

There was trouble all be it after the match last season with Widnes so is it worth the risk? Don't you think Rovers only have to sneeze sometimes to be in trouble lol. Hopefully be back to normal for rest of games.

100% this. The club is sitting on a £5,000 suspended fine from last season and it would only take 1 incident to activate it.

As Brian McDermott has said several times this season, our chairman and CEO have worked wonders raising funds to build this squad and who can blame them for doing everything possible to make sure we don't have to pay yet more big fines?

Yes its frustrating not to be able to swap ends at half time but we need to get used to that if we get into SL ( or when visiting Leigh,Fax etc). As far as I can see there haven't been any/many serious fan behaviour incidents this season that have hit the headlines, the club and fans deserve credit for this.

• Like 2

Not much to say really. Just a clinical " beat whats in front of you game" So Widnes were poor , no tears for them.

I have seen and suffered many thrashing from them in the past.

Roll on next week 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, haskey said:

Not much to say really. Just a clinical " beat whats in front of you game" So Widnes were poor , no tears for them.

I have seen and suffered many thrashing from them in the past.

Roll on next week 

Some beauties un all.

No pleasure from today's blow out score felt a bit sorry for the Widnes players.Thought Smith had a good game with the usual suspects Bussey and Davies .Jones got the ball out quicker from acting half,if going with one number 9 it is a difficult choice for Mac.Pickersgill as back sub works well as he can play full back or wing Hall being very versatile so we can switch the backs about to cover injuries.We will win next week so it looks like another trip to London to play in Spurs new stadium.

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

No pleasure from today's blow out score felt a bit sorry for the Widnes players.Thought Smith had a good game with the usual suspects Bussey and Davies .Jones got the ball out quicker from acting half,if going with one number 9 it is a difficult choice for Mac.Pickersgill as back sub works well as he can play full back or wing Hall being very versatile so we can switch the backs about to cover injuries.We will win next week so it looks like another trip to London to play in Spurs new stadium.

No pleasure? I certainly  did 😆

• Like 2

5 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Counted 121 widnes fans in that stand - poor descision to give them the whole stand - shouldve tarped it off or given them the stable stand 

widnes forum says sold  60 tickets pre-match and less than 100 in attendance

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hope Gaz Gale is OK, went off with an arm/wrist injury after what looked like a shoulder charge from Farnworth. Jacks went off too but looked like just a precaution and he looked fine post-game.

Grand daughters boyfriend was listening to radio cumbria at work and they said  dislocated finger being put back in 

7 minutes ago, POR said:

Grand daughters boyfriend was listening to radio cumbria at work and they said  dislocated finger being put back in 

I heard it was an injury to his hand which would rule out the wrist and arm which could be more serious.

• Sad 1

Just heard interviews with Craig & Jesse on Twitter, great to hear of the empathy they have with the team & the crowd. Cant beat the family atmosphere that surrounds this club. Long may it continue

• Like 1

10 hours ago, POR said:

I dont care what the widnes forum says - i can count and counted them myself what was in that stand after the game kicked off - are you seriously suggesting i just randomly came up with the number of 121?

2 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

I dont care what the widnes forum says - i can count and counted them myself what was in that stand after the game kicked off - are you seriously suggesting i just randomly came up with the number of 121?

NO I wasn't E just  passing on the thoughts of the vickings fans on their forum who also said and you'll love this 

our travelling support is the best in the division! 🤣

9 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

I counted and got a few less.... not that 108 or 121 makes any difference. The attendance of fans numbers more that likely equates to their expectations.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I counted and got a few less.... not that 108 or 121 makes any difference. The attendance of fans numbers more that likely equates to their expectations.

I think this could be a new and exciting game within a game. Count the opposition spectators. 

Maybe a pre match prediction.

Or a simple will we or won't we score more points than the number of away fans. I think we have a decent shout with that in a couple of games left this season.

Lol.

• Haha 1

If away fans are housed in the railway end and their coaches and cars are parked behind the stand ( which as been done) then surely there would be no trouble and they would have no reason not to attend to support their team. Although i think many Widnes fans stayed away because they saw that score coming.And can you blame em ?