Well Batley on Sunday how do you see this going

Evs62

51 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Coming up from Batley by car where's the best place to park.

Best bet is the railway station marra - free parking. 2 min walk to the ground.

A lot of people also park on the road behind the Travelodge as well.

Best of luck today boys, give 100% nobody can ask for anymore. I remember a game in the early 70’s against Batley, we got beat 33-0 I think at home,  and I remember thinking that’s my lot I’m not wasting my pocket money on watching that rubbish. Unfortunately it was already in my blood and 50 years later still love going to Derwent Park whether through good or bad times. Let’s hope we can get a win soon. UTT

• Like 5

Just so so frustrating . I thought they were completely average and there for the taking if we were good enough but we just didn’t have that bit of quality or composure to nail them . We scored two nice tries and gave up three awful ones - two early on in the second half especially , and after that there was lots of graft and effort but we just weren’t clinical or good enough  to get back into it unfortunately . Another one that got away 

• Like 4

Absolutely gutted I feared for us before the match,but I needn’t have worried town I thought played really well, and you’ve got to feel for poor old Ethan at the end I think a draw would have been fair, god it’s frustrating being a town fan at the minute utt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Just so so frustrating . I thought they were completely average and there for the taking if we were good enough but we just didn’t have that bit of quality or composure to nail them . We scored two nice tries and gave up three awful ones - two early on in the second half especially , and after that there was lots of graft and effort but we just weren’t clinical or good enough  to get back into it unfortunately . Another one that got away 

We were very much worse than average. I think the difference was that our forwards were slightly more aggressive but not much between the sides. I think maybe we looked more like scoring in thr second half, but not sure how you didn't in the last minute! 

• Like 1

I thought the graft was there today, Oscar was the best player on the pitch and cain was outstanding yet again. How Ethan managed to bomb that at the end I’ll never know, and a point would have been fair on both teams. Why oh why are we wasting Matty Henson as a battering ram? Blows my mind why we’ve decided to bring her another hooker into the club when we have 2 quality ones and Dec who can cover there if needed, so why have we brought another in when we’re desperate for a centre and props? I thought our halves offered next to nothing today in all honesty. Surely trying oscar and stand off when broadbent is fit to play full back is worth a try.

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

10 minutes ago, wonky said:

Why oh why are we wasting Matty Henson as a battering ram?

This exactly more than anything else from todays game . It was bemusing me the whole match . So Simons is at 9 , then Weetman goes off and Matty comes on . Now Matty is our best hooker and running threat from dummy half against big fellas … but he takes two hit ups in his first two sets and plays the game as a middle forward . Simons who virtually never runs from dunmy  half continues to play there . Our best hooker and ruck threat doesn’t play there . I’d like that one explained tbh . Complete waste . Matty can rip teams up there but he’s hitting it up 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

This exactly more than anything else from todays game . It was bemusing me the whole match . So Simons is at 9 , then Weetman goes off and Matty comes on . Now Matty is our best hooker and running threat from dummy half against big fellas … but he takes two hit ups in his first two sets and plays the game as a middle forward . Simons who virtually never runs from dunmy  half continues to play there . Our best hooker and ruck threat doesn’t play there . I’d like that one explained tbh . Complete waste . Matty can rip teams up there but he’s hitting it up 

Then Clarke comes on and basically plays stand off for 15 minutes, our biggest forward and he barely ran the ball in while on the pitch in the first half, so weird.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THMS said:

Can't fault the team today. 

Absolutely, great effort by everyone,  some outstanding performances.

Connor Fitzsimmons and Calne Barnes are immense in the pick.

Oscar Thomas was the best player on the pitch, we need him to be involved more, move him into the halves.

Ref was abysmal.

• Like 1