Well Batley on Sunday how do you see this going

Evs62

55 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Thought Marcus O`Brien deserves a bit of praise for his performance yesterday . Big strapping on his leg , clearly got a fair whack on it , but hopped around to run it off after refusing to come off .Then came back second half and put a fair shift in again . You can`t ask for anymore .

He's an absolute warrior is Cus, probably doesn't get the credit he deserves as he does it every week, so you come to expect it from him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

TJ's put their flag diagonally across their chest to signal a FP, which might well have happened but you didn't notice. A lot of fans think that a TJ should be signalling like a linesman (assistant referee) at football, waving their flag for everything. In RL they don't, and never have done, but they do use a number of more subtle signals to communicate.

He kept the flag by his side that was the thing, they might as well just stay behind the sticks and wait for a try as that's all they're good for, oh and they need to keep off the pitch cause that does my nut in also..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 minute ago, anok4u said:

they need to keep off the pitch cause that does my nut in also..

Ha ha I’m with you there . This seemed to come from Australia where the touchie was suddenly twenty metres in stood next to the winger and running up and down on the pitch . Now we have them running in to point at where the turn over is - what like where we’re standing already ? Then they quickly run backwards . I’d love a really quick blindside move to see how sharp they scoot back . They have their white or coloured boots and everything 

9 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

He's been a lot better since the derby match. That penalty was ridiculous on their line , he jumped for the ball, their player hardly left the ground and he gets penalised. 

https://www.facebook.com/TownRLFC/photos/a.369664996707032/1725702824436569/?type=3

I think this is a photo of the incident. He clearly wraps his arms around Campbell whilst Campbell is in the air. A clear and obvious penalty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lone Drinker said:

https://www.facebook.com/TownRLFC/photos/a.369664996707032/1725702824436569/?type=3

I think this is a photo of the incident. He clearly wraps his arms around Campbell whilst Campbell is in the air. A clear and obvious penalty. 

Campbell was a pain in the backside all day he had a great game.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Watching the highlights the Batley try was fair enough, nothing in the bump.

Also watching the Barrow v York game, both teams showing how effective an off load can be. Yorks kicking and set plays have been excellent. Barrow are relying a lot on sammut. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Just watched highlights, message to the people who shout at the ref for 80 minutes he can't hear a effing thing you say, his head if full of someone shouting ok ok ok 🙈

10 hours ago, anok4u said:

Just watched highlights, message to the people who shout at the ref for 80 minutes he can't hear a effing thing you say, his head if full of someone shouting ok ok ok 🙈

My mate used to hear voices in his head shouting kill kill kill, but he managed to get tablets off the doctor for it any luck it could help the ref 😜

Edited by Sticklebricks
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Watching the highlights the Batley try was fair enough, nothing in the bump.

Also watching the Barrow v York game, both teams showing how effective an off load can be. Yorks kicking and set plays have been excellent. Barrow are relying a lot on sammut. 

Not just Sammut, Jake Carter is also getting better and better in the halves and taking on more plays down the left side

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

59 minutes ago, morty said:

Not just Sammut, Jake Carter is also getting better and better in the halves and taking on more plays down the left side

Oh ffs it was just an observation, IMO Sammut was Barrows playmaker and they relied heavily on him. The fact that he made a lot of mistakes probably cost them. Carter might be getting better but it was the Sammut cabbage or caviar show from what I saw.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

My mate used to hear voices in his head shouting kill kill kill,

14 hours ago, anok4u said:

his head if full of someone shouting ok ok ok

I hope these people never meet each other 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lone Drinker said:

Theres another sequence of photos on facebook showing the contest for the ball, The 1st one shows 2 players competing fairly for the ball,  the 2nd one shows Young having the ball, the third one the Batley player has it. If you think that's deserving of a penalty then might as well make the sport non contact.

279661752_1725757954431056_6098377720791

279581895_1725758117764373_2707858623895

Edited by dkw

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

Theres another sequence of photos on facebook showing the contest for the ball, The 1st one shows 2 players competing fairly for the ball,  the 2nd one shows Young having the ball, the third one the Batley player has it. If you think that's deserving of a penalty then might as well make the sport non contact.

https://www.facebook.com/TownRLFC/photos/a.369664996707032/1725702824436569/

From that it's obvious he's gone for the ball and is fractionally too late . Surely a penalty should be for dangerous contact which that obviously wasn't. 

5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

From that it's obvious he's gone for the ball and is fractionally too late . Surely a penalty should be for dangerous contact which that obviously wasn't. 

Sorry, I linked the wrong photo, I've changed it now. The second one shows it was a completely fair competition for the ball. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

Sorry, I linked the wrong photo, I've changed it now. The second one shows it was a completely fair competition for the ball. 

So if you contest the ball but don't get it it's an instant penalty...they can't both get it !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

So if you contest the ball but don't get it it's an instant penalty...they can't both get it !!!

Its happened twice to Young lately. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dkw said:

279661752_1725757954431056_6098377720791

279581895_1725758117764373_2707858623895

TBH it is a pretty poor rule. It's another that is open to interpretation. A bit like the ball stealing rule, was it reefed, a loose carry, or did the ball carrier just drop it? I'm also not a fan of the one at the PTB, where if the man playing the ball is pushed over whilst bending over to play the ball, it is invariably given as a hand over, instead of interference by the marker.

I think the refs could be much better than they are, but with these 3 rules, they haven't got a chance. Whoever is punished, has a very good case for it being construed as a bad call.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

No.

I think if you contest the ball but don’t get it… then wrap your arms around the player who did and make a tackle, that’s a penalty. 

For what it’s worth I think your man is a little unlucky with how the ball fell and the position of both players. There wasn’t much he could do once the ball was in Campbell’s arms. I thought he had a good game overall.

My point more broadly speaking was that I can see why the ref gave that decision. A small but vocal minority of fans in the Popular Stand we’re giving him dogs abuse.

12 hours ago, Lone Drinker said:

My point more broadly speaking was that I can see why the ref gave that decision. A small but vocal minority of fans in the Popular Stand we’re giving him dogs abuse.

And that gets the ref on your side every time! 

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

And that gets the ref on your side every time! 

I thought the guy near the bar on the popular side was going to have an heart attack shouting at the ref on Sunday! Refs either turn a blind eye or secretly laugh every 50/50 call he gives against you!

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 08:07, DocH said:

Agree with DavidM about Young. He was good yesterday defensively under the high ball (maybe only once under real pressure) but offensively? I get the impression he lacks a bit of aggression - he should be a nightmare for opposing teams.

It baffles me how he can be picked week in and week out, he must have something over CT. 

1 hour ago, JMB said:

It baffles me how he can be picked week in and week out, he must have something over CT. 

Maybe just maybe because he was one of our better players at Dewsbury and  also Sunday 🤔 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JMB said:

I know he hasn't been great in a lot of games, but if we are picking off form then after the last couple of weeks the way he's played, he 100% deserves his place in the team for the Barrow game

• Like 4