Thurs 28th Apr : SL : Wakefield Trinity v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 SKY

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Huddersfield Giants

Discuss the SL game between Wakefield Trinity and Huddersfield Giants here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I'd like to think the Giants would be too strong and smart for the wildcats but they seem to be able to come up with the goods against us these days.. remember the 21 games they couldn't beat us?

It's the first away match in years that I'm choosing to not go, not just me, most of the regulars I go with are giving it a miss.

£25 to stand on old crumbling foundations and see back of people's heads and lower legs with no facilities when it's on TV is a no brainer.

I think we'll just beat them in a tight contest.

I hope we extend their misery and absolutely wallop them!

12 hours ago, meast said:

I'd like to think the Giants would be too strong and smart for the wildcats but they seem to be able to come up with the goods against us these days.. remember the 21 games they couldn't beat us?

It's the first away match in years that I'm choosing to not go, not just me, most of the regulars I go with are giving it a miss.

£25 to stand on old crumbling foundations and see back of people's heads and lower legs with no facilities when it's on TV is a no brainer.

Are you sure your a Giants fan and not a Leeds fan lol well I guess it makes sense if it is on telly...save the cash that's what alot of fans are doing giving how tight the cost of living is becoming. Hey and as for our ground it's got character haha nah hopefully by next season it will look the ritz. Never knew we lost 21 on the bounce to you. Records must broken some day. 

Up the Trin

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

A full strength Wakey to take advantage of the distracted and weakened Giants and beat them by 3 scores. 

Drop goals?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, meast said:

An aside but I have always been amazed by the prices Wakey charge for tickets.

I'll believe Fifita is playing when I see him out on the pitch in the pre kick off line up.

Always happy to see the Sky cameras and the leveller of the video ref.

Hope we can stay within the bookies +8 handicap for starters but everything at this moment in time points to a Shudds win. 

Shame that the usual travelling hordes of Shudds fans won't be there for their team, leaving an even bigger open expanse of empty terracing down the western edge than usual for this fixture.  Many home fans, myself included, would love to return to that vantage point rather than the forced allocation of the north stand we've had to endure since the Glover era.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I get half priced tickets and i too am choosing not to go due to the awful experience of a Wakefield away trip.

They are charging the same as the semi final (for 3 games) £5 more than Salford, £3 more than Warrington and Cas, £2 more than Saints and £1 more than Leeds for standing prices.

Absolutely astounding that they think their facilities and experience are worth that much!!

I only know 1 person who is willing to pay that, hopefully those who are rich or daft enough see us pick up a bit of form going into the semi final, we haven't won away since Toulouse in the 1st game so we need one!.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever to justify charging anything near that price considering the view and facilites on offer, £10 would be about right.

41 minutes ago, daz39 said:

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever to justify charging anything near that price considering the view and facilites on offer, £10 would be about right.

£7-50 should be the maximum for any top level rugby league match.

I really need to move to yarkshire don’t I….

18 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Thought £24/£25 was about normal for an RL match nowadays.

Up the Trin 

For a view of the pitch and somewhere to stand or sit to actually watch the game you're paying for without risking a fall or other injury and somewhere something above basic to go to the loo yes, unfortunately Wakefield offer none of them for visiting supporters.

Are you suggesting Wakefield can match Huddersfield/Hull/Wigan/Saints/Salford etc for the whole matchday experience and are justified in charging in most cases more than the other clubs?

Not 1 Wakefield fan would pay that kind of price for a dump like they play at anywhere else for £25 or anywhere near it.

God knows who actually decided to stick that price on, must have been a dare or something.

26 minutes ago, daz39 said:

For a view of the pitch and somewhere to stand or sit to actually watch the game you're paying for without risking a fall or other injury and somewhere something above basic to go to the loo yes, unfortunately Wakefield offer none of them for visiting supporters.

Are you suggesting Wakefield can match Huddersfield/Hull/Wigan/Saints/Salford etc for the whole matchday experience and are justified in charging in most cases more than the other clubs?

Not 1 Wakefield fan would pay that kind of price for a dump like they play at anywhere else for £25 or anywhere near it.

God knows who actually decided to stick that price on, must have been a dare or something.

We do pay them prices every home match or £300 for a season ticket.  If you want to sit down you can choose the east stand, you may have to pay extra for the east stand not too sure.  

Up the Trin 

6 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Are you sure your a Giants fan and not a Leeds fan lol well I guess it makes sense if it is on telly...save the cash that's what alot of fans are doing giving how tight the cost of living is becoming. Hey and as for our ground it's got character haha nah hopefully by next season it will look the ritz. Never knew we lost 21 on the bounce to you. Records must broken some day. 

Up the Trin

I may be a lot of things and aren't usually insulted, but......... 😛 

It's a financial burden that I'm not prepared to take at this moment in time, I have a semi final and then hopefully a final to fork out for in the next couple of weeks, and it's the one away game I'm really not bothered for missing, I don't enjoy my trips to characterful Belle Vue sadly and only attend to give the claret and golds some much needed support, I have written my letter of apology to all members of the squad though 🙂

I think it was between 2001 and 2015, Wakefield only won 3 games out 24 or something like that, it was certainly a golden period for the Giants over the pussycats.

6 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

On form Huddersfield should have the edge, but form can change so hoping Wakey get a bit of the good form back. 

However! as hard as the score is to predict, what is even harder to guess , will Fifita play ?

We aren't on form though, 1 point from the last 6 available and that was from a last gasp comeback against one of the cellar dwellers 🙂 

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It's one of the biggest reasons why lots of people don't go to Wakefield now, maybe when they get their shiny new stand up and running more people may be prepared to pay £25, but not with the current "facilities" 

• Like 1

This must be a relatively modern phenomenon. Having spent years travelling around RL grounds all over the place, I can’t honestly remember dis with friends whether we were going to travel to an away game based on the ‘match day experience’ or facilities available. I appreciate I’m a dinosaur, but we’d be more inclined to miss a game because watching Wigan give us a pasting again won’t be much fun. Never because the steps were too steep or the pie & peas might not be up to snuff. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Tubby said:

This must be a relatively modern phenomenon. Having spent years travelling around RL grounds all over the place, I can’t honestly remember dis with friends whether we were going to travel to an away game based on the ‘match day experience’ or facilities available. I appreciate I’m a dinosaur, but we’d be more inclined to miss a game because watching Wigan give us a pasting again won’t be much fun. Never because the steps were too steep or the pie & peas might not be up to snuff. 

But back then, and i can go back a fairly long time too, going to a game wasn't a large chunk of your disposable income, it was a few quid you hardly missed, these days it could be a decision between going to the game or heating your house/buying food, most folk would be more inclined to spend their money in a ground that actually offers them a decent view of the actual match, going to Wakefield you may as well burn £25 on your doorstep then go back indoors.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Whilst I appreciate your predicament, you may be pleased to know that on the many occasions I have been to Wakefield, I have yet to fall, or injure myself, or catch something nasty from the urinal, and I have always had a good view of the game. I shall therefore consider myself a lucky chappy and carefully consider whether my luck is suddenly about to run out. 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1