Fri 29th Apr : SL : Leeds Rhinos v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

Don't know if Hull KR were distracted by next week but they were well off the pace. And picked up some injuries as well which could be bad for the semi unfortunately, include Coote.

No doubt some Rovers fans will mention James Child.

I'll just say that Leeds for some reason really looked to be enjoying playing for once and that fed into a confidence with the ball we've not seen for a long time - and also stirred the Headingley crowd out of its months-long slumber.

Tony Smith, as he sometimes does, at the end stood for a long time next to the tunnel waiting for almost every Leeds player to walk in so he could shake them by the hand. 

51 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You were saying? 😉

fabulous win the for the Rhinos, defence was excellent the young kids really stood up

Fantastic, don't even know how to process this, are we on a roll?

Add Hardaker, Myler, Newman and Tetevano to that team too. Salford and Wakey next could see us comfortably mid table by the end of May.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Fantastic, don't even know how to process this, are we on a roll?

Add Hardaker, Myler, Newman and Tetevano to that team too. Salford and Wakey next could see us comfortably mid table by the end of May.

Add Sezer, holroyd and fusitua aswell and we may be looking something like

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Add Sezer, holroyd and fusitua aswell and we may be looking something like

We were in the Lewis Jones Suite at the top of the East Stand as our "thanks for the season ticket donation" game and Hetherington said pre game that there were lots of players on the verge of a full return.

He didn't inspire loads of confidence otherwise it has to be said.

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Rovers just weren’t at the races. I wouldn’t have thought that they were distracted by next week as this was an important game if we are to be seen as genuine top 6 contenders. Maybe the team just hit the wall after the easter games.

Leeds just stifled anything Hull KR tried

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Tony Smith, as he sometimes does, at the end stood for a long time next to the tunnel waiting for almost every Leeds player to walk in so he could shake them by the hand. 

That he might well have done, but he has such a massive ego that you have to make allowances for it.

According to someone on here.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 27/04/2022 at 22:05, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leeds by 12

Good grief!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Gobsmacked. To lose by 4 with that team is an incredible effort. 

The Saints v Salford thread is over there...

Big Red Arrow Pointing To Right - Big Arrow Pointing Right - 800x345 PNG  Download - PNGkit

Does anyone know what the attendance was, the pa system is terrible at Headingley? Based on that performance I fear for HKR next week. Great team effort from the Rhinos but again Dwyer and Martin were outstanding for me.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Does anyone know what the attendance was, the pa system is terrible at Headingley? Based on that performance I fear for HKR next week. Great team effort from the Rhinos but again Dwyer and Martin were outstanding for me.

I heard it as 13,333.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The best stand at the best three sided ground in the UK

Edited, etc…

• Like 1

That was horrendous.

I look at SkyBet 3 times to stick a wager on us and 3 times I closed the app. I just knew we'd love that. I hate Headingley; we do ###### all there near enough every season.

We got pinged in the first set and they scored shortly afterwards. It really was amateur hour.

We didn't give ourselves a chance against a side missing 13 players.

Looks like Coote and Wood are likely to miss the semi final. I'd imagine Vete will be banned but the way he is playing, I couldn't care less.

Very, very little to state positively. Need a big week in house ahead of Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

No the ground definitely has 4 sides, it’s not a triangle.

Even if it was,at least they are our 3 sides 😉 

Atmosphere was the best it’s been for a few years last night

If Leeds could do something with the Western Terrace so it could match up with the other three sides then I would agree, best ground in SL. Until then, standing on the WT makes you feel like an outsider looking in.

Which perhaps we usually are.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

If Leeds could do something with the Western Terrace so it could match up with the other three sides then I would agree, best ground in SL. Until then, standing on the WT makes you feel like an outsider looking in.

Which perhaps we usually are.

If there was anything that could be done  with the western terrace it would have been.

Personally i think the fact it has an element of the stadium that’s ‘original’ is what makes it unique and special.

Ive stood on the Western Terrace many a time and if its s nice night like last night its a great place to watch RL.

you can always buy a ticket in the stand if you prefer.

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

If there was anything that could be done  with the western terrace it would have been.

Personally i think the fact it has an element of the stadium that’s ‘original’ is what makes it unique and special.

Ive stood on the Western Terrace many a time and if its s nice night like last night its a great place to watch RL.

you can always buy a ticket in the stand if you prefer.

The new developments at Headingley are excellent but the ground is always going to be let down by the Western Terrace. Not having a go at Leeds because I understand there's not much they can do about it but the fact that the MKM is a fully enclosed arena makes it far superior in my view. Just my opinion of course, others are available.

As a visiting fan I don't think there's anything unique or special about the Western Terrace but there is one good thing about it, the ground looks very impressive from there.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.