Fri 29th Apr : SL : St Helens v Salford Red devils KO 20:00

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

Discuss the SL game between St Helens and Salford Red Devils here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Our team selection will give us an indication of Woolf's thoughts long term for replacing Dodd.

I'd guess our team as:

Hopoate, Simm, Percival, Davies, Makinson, Lomax, Welsby, Walmsley, Roby, Lees, Mata'utai, Batchelor, Knowles 

Lussick, LMS, Paasi, Royle

While Saints will have 1 eye on the SF i'm sure they'll come out firing to get themselves in the right position for the big game the week after. With Salford missing several key players I can't see them troubling Saints too much.

Saints 52 - 8 Salford

• Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

16 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Discuss the SL game between St Helens and Salford Red Devils here.

If you don't mind, OF, I'd rather not.

I've started taking the painkillers already. 🤕

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Go on, Tony. I will go with Saints by 68. Give us a more or less than that at least.

What the hell! Less - but not much. ☹

Elton's in the bin. Salford need to get some points while he's unavailable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Twenty minutes gone, and Salford up 6-0. 😀

WTF?

Hold on! Saints in front now says BBC.

Edited by tonyXIII

Final Saints 14-10.  Welsby saves try in last minute ends up sin binned. Salford fumble the last play pressing for the line.

Described as a dreadful ugly messy game.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Well, we've come up short  but only just. Well done, Salford!

Terrible game one of the worst I’ve watched in years.

Couple  of key things to take from that,

Saints never got out of 1st gear all night, they definitely had the sf on their minds. But fair play to Salford they gave it their absolute all and probably deserved something from that game.

Hopoate was utterly useless, never seen such a lazy disinterested display from a Saints player. He was an embarrassment to the shirt quite frankly.

welsby and Roby were magnificent all night and Knowles 90m chase down and try saving tackle in the last minute on Atkin just epitomises him as a player, superb effort.

In nearly 40yrs of going to games I can’t think of a more inept refereeing performance than this game, he was embarrassingly poor. You know it’s bad when both sets of fans boo you so much. As well as the number of mistakes he made and how many things he missed the game was so stop start he utterly ruined it as a spectacle.

Brody Croft is such a whining gobby git. Every little thing that happened he’d sprint across the pitch to confront the ref. A ref with a pair of balls would have warned him or binned him early on. The worst one was after Saints 1st try Makinson was trying to tee up the ball for the kick and had to wait because Croft was stood in front of him mouthing off to the ref - weak officiating.

• Haha 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions