Sat 30th Apr : SL : Hull FC v Toulouse Olympique KO 15:00

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Toulouse Olympique

Att : 11,308.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Evans try after Lovodua passes it to him behind the line so Evans can avoid the naked run.

Hull 48 Toulouse 12.

48-12 full tarm.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

Annoyed....I could listen to BBC radio Leeds the other week, but this match on BBC radio Humberside is geo locked. No sense in it. I could log into the VPN at the bank I work for but I would get slapped legs on Monday.

You should be able to get it on the Internet only link where there's no soccer. During the match only.

https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/radio

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Good solid performance. Could have been a banana skin, especially with our makeshift half backs and a couple of others missing. But we have turned in another decent display.

It seems you play far better with replacement halfbacks than the two expensive guys on the payroll..

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Only been on a couple of minutes and a debut try for Balmforth, brilliantly created by Ma’u and Mackintosh.

Hull 32 Toulouse 12.

Balmforth was on to that opportunity like a shot, very impressive.

After a bit of a scruffy start some of the rugby played by Hull was a joy to watch. They were clinical with the many opportunities presented to them by Toulouse who seemed to implode after they failed to find touch with a penalty when they were leading 6-4. The game was as good as over ten minutes later. 

Really like the way Hull are shaping up now. The pack is a very effective blend of big damaging forwards and the smaller more mobile ones and Brett Hodgson has gone for pace and skill in the backline to replace the prop forwards Lee Radford likes to play in the threequarters. In all of this is the bonus of Joe Lovodua who was outstanding again. He's already established a great rapport with the fans. The kids at the front of the East Stand just wouldn't let him get away after the game.

Every team in the competition played and nicely placed in the top four, I'll take that.

Doesn't need me to tell TO that it's going to be very tough for them but I wish them well in their fight. At least they scored the opening try of each half. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Poor TO are in a hole and it's not getting any easier to clamber out.

Hope they get a bit of spark with Schaumkel coming back in shortly and Norman touching down. I fear that they are just too raggedy and out of their depth though. One or two additions are un likely to patch things over.

Hull will be happy to have got the victory.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Every team in the competition played and nicely placed in the top four, I'll take that.

I find it quite extraordinary that we've been pants for a large part of this season, yet are still only 4 points away from the greatest SL team in history.

And we're at their place next up...

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I find it quite extraordinary that we've been pants for a large part of this season, yet are still only 4 points away from the greatest SL team in history.

No, we are at Saints not rovers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, super major said:

No, we are at Saints not rovers

Good point, well made!

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It seems you play far better with replacement halfbacks than the two expensive guys on the payroll..

Hard to disagree with that.

We signed two "pivots" in the off season. Luke Gale (England scrum half and former man of steel) and Joe Lovodua (unknown hooker who had never even started an NRL game). The latter has turned out to be our best half back by a country mile.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Good point, well made!

I think Hull have gone quietly about their business after the derby game, which was a wonderful occasion. They have responded very positively. 

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Evans try after Lovodua passes it to him behind the line so Evans can avoid the naked run.

Hull 48 Toulouse 12.

Didn't even notice that until the highlights! At the other end of the field so couldn't tell what had happened!

Really hope we're tying Joe down to a long term contract, he's a great fit.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Oi!   You!   Stop it !!!!!  😀😀

TO's captain Gigot pulled out late. With other half-back Albert suspended.- doinh it tough.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg