Do ex Toronto fans still watch ?

At their height the Wolfpack claimed they had about 10,000 regular fans.

What happened to them? Are they lost for good or has there been an uptake on tv subscriptions?

The NRL are flirting with America. Have they seen something in the ratings that might tempt them?

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

29 minutes ago, Bearman said:

At their height the Wolfpack claimed they had about 10,000 regular fans.

What happened to them? Are they lost for good or has there been an uptake on tv subscriptions?

The NRL are flirting with America. Have they seen something in the ratings that might tempt them?

Two ex Toronto supporters -- Rob & Caz Mason are regulars @ Rochdale Hornets now .

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A Toronto thread,the Leigh posters will be frothing at the mouth.

Not from me having attended a game in Toronto. It would be an absolute tragedy for our game if such enthusiasm was thrown away, but sadly I expect that particular ship has long since sailed.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A Toronto thread,the Leigh posters will be frothing at the mouth.

Just can't help yourself can you Dav, this obsession you have can't be healthy you are just like a stalker you can't keep away, and the same applies to your "like" I wouldn't have expected any different.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

There certainly seems a few on Twitter who still follow the game.

The whole thing is so sad. Toronto were great for the game and undoubtedly many fans have been lost to RL.

You just need to compare the 10s of millions poured into the Warriors by the NRL over the last couple of years to ensure the long term outlook of the game. The RFL would have binned the Warriors off and made them pay for travel.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Is Rugby League even shown on TV in Canada these days?

What’s even going on with Toronto as a club and rugby league over there, I genuinely have no clue? Is there signs of life or even some form of competition happening anytime soon?

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You just need to compare the 10s of millions poured into the Warriors by the NRL over the last couple of years to ensure the long term outlook of the game. The RFL would have binned the Warriors off and made them pay for travel.

Where there is a will there is a way. In British RL there all too often is no real will.

For me the complete mishandling and subsequent report stitch up job is Elstones worst legacy.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Damien said:

I've seen a few trying to work out if there will be any live games on and on what channel etc. Very hard to maintain any level of interest when SL (and the NRL to an extent) make it so damn hard to casually watch.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

They’d have left Melbourne Storm to rot as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damien said:

The whole thing is so sad. Toronto were great for the game and undoubtedly many fans have been lost to RL.

SL clubs chucking Toronto out is almost certainly the biggest own goal in Rugby League history, which is incredible given the stiff level of competition. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

I really hope some of them have continued to follow our game.

We have gone over the pro's and con's and rights and wrong of Toronto a million times.  All I will say is seeing thousands of people on the terraces in Canada enjoying the sport we all love was wonderful.  And wish they could have seen a lot lot more.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is Rugby League even shown on TV in Canada these days?

I have a friend in Montreal, he has to pay a subscription to a Canadian company but he gets all the televised NRL games and all the televised SL games every week.

• Like 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 hour ago, Exiled Townie said:

I have a friend in Montreal, he has to pay a subscription to a Canadian company but he gets all the televised NRL games and all the televised SL games every week.

That’s good to know that there is still something on TV over there, even behind a paywall. 

4 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

That's good those up north can still watch. Down in the US, for the past few years Super League was relegated to a minor channel call Fox Soccer Plus that would have cost per month 60 dollars for the base youtube subscriptions plus 15 dollars to get that channel. Doens't make sense to pay all that for 2-3 games a week especially with watchNRL.... and yet Im finding myself becoming meh with the NRL, I miss the passion and atmosphere Super League fans create for a match, an NRL game has all of the atmosphere was a Wednesday day baseball game in July some occasional clapping when something happens.

And I believe as of this season there is no way to watch the Super League at all.

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

Surely they are now watching their countries newest rugby league team, Cornwall.

I wonder whether Cornwall will satisfy Perez or if one day post covid he will try to revive his dream again.

How could Toronto in a new  area  and attracting gates of around 10,000 and building be allowed to fold?  Yet we have teams like Leigh (in a League area) who on a good day can  attract 3,000 be allowed into SL. Then there is the French teams being asked to fork out to enter the Challenge Cup.

RL needs to be run by an independent  body, who would administer the game for the good of it. The self serving clubs should have very little input in how the game is run. Until this happens  SL will continue to struggle.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, emesssea said:

That's good those up north can still watch. Down in the US, for the past few years Super League was relegated to a minor channel call Fox Soccer Plus that would have cost per month 60 dollars for the base youtube subscriptions plus 15 dollars to get that channel. Doens't make sense to pay all that for 2-3 games a week especially with watchNRL.... and yet Im finding myself becoming meh with the NRL, I miss the passion and atmosphere Super League fans create for a match, an NRL game has all of the atmosphere was a Wednesday day baseball game in July some occasional clapping when something happens.

And I believe as of this season there is no way to watch the Super League at all.

I believe that Super League is available on Sportsnet in Canada?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/sn-world/sports/

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)