Blake Ferguson

5 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Quite possible. Though, I don't know how many of the Fev squad are signed up for next season either.

I think our lack of a half back with a decent kicking game is a more immediate reason to think Leigh will fall short though.

This is looking like our Achilles Heel, we have the backs and the forwards now we need a driver to guide them around.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He only commits to supporting heavily this year. He is pretty ambiguous beyond that and crowds of 2,400 are not going to help, nor is the loss of the 400k parachute payment

“I have said all along I will support heavily financially this year. There are no guarantees in sport, and I am committed that if we don’t achieve, we will still need the same team the year after. So, Chris has been given the green light yesterday, on my intentions and support irrespective of the outcome so we can move forward now and not when it’s too late to build.

That is not a commitment to the same level of investment in 2023

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

He only commits to supporting heavily this year. He is pretty ambiguous beyond that and crowds of 2,400 are not going to help, nor is the loss of the 400k parachute payment

“I have said all along I will support heavily financially this year. There are no guarantees in sport, and I am committed that if we don’t achieve, we will still need the same team the year after. So, Chris has been given the green light yesterday, on my intentions and support irrespective of the outcome so we can move forward now and not when it’s too late to build.

Why did you miss this bit out:-

It is, without doubt, the best group I have witnessed at the club and to get this over the line during our recruitment meeting for next year yesterday was great.

27 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why did you miss this bit out:-

It is, without doubt, the best group I have witnessed at the club and to get this over the line during our recruitment meeting for next year yesterday was great.

He has not committed to the same financial input for 2023 - this is all rhetoric. For those people who actually don't support Leigh we have heard all this kind of fluff before.

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

He has not committed to the same financial input for 2023 - this is all rhetoric. For those people who actually don't support Leigh we have heard all this kind of fluff before.

He wont need to, we will either be up or playing a relegated TO with a cashed up Fev in SL - the need for this spend is not there in 2023 for the Championship - we will probably run with a £1m FT squad.

6 hours ago, Scubby said:

That sure looks like a commitment for me...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Wrong. Read their website. When they were announcing that signing. It is a case of getting up asap. If they miss out this time, They go again the year after. I will also say, When they do get up, You and others(not having a go at you btw) will then post, If Leigh go down, They are bust.

When you are relegated you get a Super League parachute payment. This year Leigh are  excessively splashing the cash even taking that into account, there’s no way they could keep that up if they miss out on promotion, we’ve seen it before with Leigh, they went to a threadbare squad and were unable to field a team for several Championship fixtures.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When you are relegated you get a Super League parachute payment. This year Leigh are  excessively splashing the cash even taking that into account, there’s no way they could keep that up if they miss out on promotion, we’ve seen it before with Leigh, they went to a threadbare squad and were unable to field a team for several Championship fixtures.

How many more times do you need it spelling out to you Kev, those player's who were shown the door in '18 was for a reason, they were paid handsomely but didn't put in the effort to earn it.

Next, are you Mr Beaumont's accountant? How do you know he can't keep putting money into the club if they miss out on promotion, he may choose not to but that doesn't mean he can't afford it, you really make me laugh you guy's who think something, have no basis, then write about it as though it's a fact.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

That sure looks like a commitment for me...

This guy was also in charge when Leigh failed to put 17 players on the park for a game. I think I'll watch it unfold rather than swallow rhetoric from a person who has spat his dummy out in the past.

Hopefully he can get Leigh up and they won't need that but, in the cold light of day, with no parachute payment and a GF loss the outlook looks pretty different.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Scubby said:

This guy was also in charge when Leigh failed to put 17 players on the park for a game. I think I'll watch it unfold rather than swallow rhetoric from a person who has spat his dummy out in the past.

Hopefully he can get Leigh up and they won't need that but, in the cold light of day, with no parachute payment and a GF loss the outlook looks pretty different.

Explain to me the difference in business model between Leigh and let’s say Huddersfield.

4 minutes ago, binosh said:

Explain to me the difference in business model between Leigh and let’s say Huddersfield.

There is no massive difference in the business model except their owner keeps a low profile, doesn't slag off his employees in public, doesn't spit his dummy out, doesn't renege on contracts when having a bad season, doesn't slag off other clubs in the competition and question their value, doesn't wear a leopard skin print hoodie on game day, values creating a home grown production line of players - that sort of thing.

Subtle differences but probably the reason Huddersfield have stayed in SL and been minor premiership winners, 2x Challenge Cup finalists and Challenge Cup semi finalists (this week) on roughly the same financial input and comparable crowds to the other over the last 10-20 years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

There is no massive difference in the business model except their owner keeps a low profile, doesn't slag off his employees in public, doesn't spit his dummy out, doesn't renege on contracts when having a bad season, doesn't slag off other clubs in the competition and question their value, doesn't wear a leopard skin print hoodie on game day, values creating a home grown production line of players - that sort of thing.

Subtle differences but probably the reason Huddersfield have stayed in SL and been minor premiership winners, 2x Challenge Cup finalists and Challenge Cup semi finalists (this week) on roughly the same financial input and comparable crowds to the other over the last 10-20 years.

And over £20M in funding in Huddersfield's favour, even a doubter like you should realise that would make a tad of a difference to most of your critiscm's save for the leopard skin hoodie - but it would look good on Mr Davy.

34 minutes ago, Scubby said:

FFS Scubby, how many times are you and others going to relate to those people being shown the door in '18, he payed those player's to supply him with effort but they completely abused what they had been signed and held out their hands for, now you tell us you are in buisness Scubby if you had a supplier that kept letting you down what would you do? Pat them on the head and carry on?

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And over £20M in funding in Huddersfield's favour, even a doubter like you should realise that would make a tad of a difference to most of your critiscm's save for the leopard skin hoodie - but it would look good on Mr Davy.

Huddersfield got relegated in 2000 and promoted in 2001 just like Leigh did in 2004, 2017 and 2020. The only difference is that Huddersfield were building organically and long term. It is no surprise that within 8 years they had reached 2 Challenge Cup finals. People can fire shots at Huddersfield but they believed in building a club and creating home grown talent. That has allowed them to sit comfortably in SL.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS Scubby, how many times are you and others going to relate to those people being shown the door in '18, he payed those player's to supply him with effort but they completely abused what they had been signed and held out their hands for, now you tell us you are in buisness Scubby if you had a supplier that kept letting you down what would you do? Pat them on the head and carry on?

He wanted to cut his cloth and go part time because failing to reach the top 4 meant that there was a huge drop in funding - something like 500k at the time (with the stupid Championship funding model). These were real people with full time contracts, families etc.

It is easy to blame the players. Many are doing that at a club like Warrington at the moment as they are struggling. The problem, of course, lies far deeper than that - coaching, infrastructure, recruitment.

So forgive me for thinking Leigh's owner may potentially act a touch irrationally when they lose another 400k of income if they get lose in the Championship GF. I don't follow a club I just say as I see. I have praised Leigh plenty of times as you know.

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Huddersfield got relegated in 2000 and promoted in 2001 just like Leigh did in 2004, 2017 and 2020. The only difference is that Huddersfield were building organically and long term. It is no surprise that within 8 years they had reached 2 Challenge Cup finals. People can fire shots at Huddersfield but they believed in building a club and creating home grown talent. That has allowed them to sit comfortably in SL.

How long was Huddersfield protected from relegation?

What I will say is, Leigh must be doing something right. They are the most talked about club from opposite fans.

35 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

What I will say is, Leigh must be doing something right. They are the most talked about club from opposite fans.

Is it any wonder, on just about every thread Leigh fans relate it to Leigh. The Toulouse expansion thread is a prime example, the 6th post in was a Leigh fan relating it to Leigh!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damien said:

Is it any wonder, on just about every thread Leigh fans relate it to Leigh. The Toulouse expansion thread is a prime example, the 6th post in was a Leigh fan relating it to Leigh!

Yep Leigh and Wigan are the centre of the universe in popularity on these pages, and now we have the West Yorkshire annex of Fev which is also quite popular 😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Relegated in 2000 ? , You need to do your homework 

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I recall , most if not all ended up in SL for the rest of that season , and the season afterwards 

8 hours ago, Scubby said:

Andy Kelly must have been the best investment Ken Davy ever made at the Giants.

10 hours ago, Scubby said:

I’m sure Derek would love the chance to create a production line of homegrown talent, until the RFL see sense and allow that he’ll just have to kick and scream, Wear what he wants and find a way he sees best to try and get the club to SL and sustainable.

In the meantime the game is being led into oblivion and commercially dismantled by the dinosaur that “for now” bankrolls Huddersfield Giants the second worst supported team in SL and the home of the commercially genius £99 season ticket.