Latrell Schaumkel

Returns for Toulouse Olympique in the next couple of weeks and to say that they've missed him is an understatement. Really important player for them and I hope alongside the signing of Corey Norman he Five a them a huge lift.

On another note, if my estimation is correct he will qualify to play for France through residency at the end of next season, France should do anything they can to convince him to play for France. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 29/04/2022 at 23:29, The Daddy said:

Returns for Toulouse Olympique in the next couple of weeks and to say that they've missed him is an understatement. Really important player for them and I hope alongside the signing of Corey Norman he Five a them a huge lift.

On another note, if my estimation is correct he will qualify to play for France through residency at the end of next season, France should do anything they can to convince him to play for France. 

What injuries have Peyroux & Paulo got ?. 

15 hours ago, fcl said:

5 years of résidency according to the éligibility rules

I've calculated that it will be 5 years at the end of next season. He started at Villeneuve in 2019, so end of next year or beginning of 2024 season will be 5 years

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

I've calculated that it will be 5 years at the end of next season. He started at Villeneuve in 2019, so end of next year or beginning of 2024 season will be 5 years

I actually feel very sorry for the French lad, this Johnny Foriegner would keep out of HIS National team should Schaumkel elect to play for France.

On 30/04/2022 at 00:29, The Daddy said:

I doubt he will play in the next 2 games, maybe back in 3-4 weeks. They will win a few more games, not many, but maybe just 1 more than Wakefield or Salford, I reckon Leeds will kick on now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kiggy said:

I doubt he will play in the next 2 games, maybe back in 3-4 weeks. They will win a few more games, not many, but maybe just 1 more than Wakefield or Salford, I reckon Leeds will kick on now. 

Never in doubt that Leeds would escape the relegation zone but it was good fun doing the speculation bit of them getting relegated, I think the bit about Salford and Wakefield is more of hope on your part than what will actually be the reality, as we stand at the moment Toulouse are 2 wins behind both which is effectively 3 such is the difference in the +/- points, both Salford and Wakefield just need to target the games v Toulouse whilst Toulouse are in catch-up they need to target every game as they arrive, to tall an order in my opinion.

19 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I actually feel very sorry for the French lad, this Johnny Foriegner would keep out of HIS National team should Schaumkel elect to play for France.

You should feel sorry for the local Leigh lad, they won’t get a look in with the number of Jonny Foreigners at Leigh. On a serious note living in a country for 5 years is a big commitment and rightly gives you the right to represent them in Rugby League as is the case with most International sports with a World Cup.

43 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You should feel sorry for the local Leigh lad, they won’t get a look in with the number of Jonny Foreigners at Leigh. On a serious note living in a country for 5 years is a big commitment and rightly gives you the right to represent them in Rugby League as is the case with most International sports with a World Cup.

C'mon Kev, you say living in a country is a big commitment for 5 years? The  player's who do choose to take that route are doing it because it is their chosen profession and they are gainfully employed.

Schaumkel is a Kiwi by birth, represented Niue in the Emerging Nations WC, went to Manley Warringah playing second grade, then to North Sydney Bears but played second grade for them, so sought to further his carrear in France, I would put it to you Kev there is no big commitment on his part, he didn't make it in Australia hence living and playing in France helps him in putting a bigger crust on the table than he could buy elsewhere.

We will never ever agree on International Eligibility Rules, I think they are far to lax and devalue what earning international recognition should be all about.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 03/05/2022 at 13:09, Harry Stottle said:

C'mon Kev, you say living in a country is a big commitment for 5 years? The  player's who do choose to take that route are doing it because it is their chosen profession and they are gainfully employed.

Schaumkel is a Kiwi by birth, represented Niue in the Emerging Nations WC, went to Manley Warringah playing second grade, then to North Sydney Bears but played second grade for them, so sought to further his carrear in France, I would put it to you Kev there is no big commitment on his part, he didn't make it in Australia hence living and playing in France helps him in putting a bigger crust on the table than he could buy elsewhere.

We will never ever agree on International Eligibility Rules, I think they are far to lax and devalue what earning international recognition should be all about.

His knees have now said enough is enough. So his table crust has turned to dust. It's a sad day when a player has to retire at 28. 

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, kiggy said:

His knees have now said enough is enough. So his table crust has turned to dust. It's a sad day when a player has to retire at 28. 

He's had a huge impact on Toulouse since he signed. Great player and person from what I can tell. 

I wish him well 

26 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

He's had a huge impact on Toulouse since he signed. Great player and person from what I can tell. 

I wish him well 

17 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Poor guy. Sad news.

I agree completely.

• Like 3