Town going down....to where?

chromedome

6 hours ago, town4me said:

Are contracts not null and void on relegation? 

Not sure whether this is true or it is a myth that people keep bringing up,on relegation from super league the players contracts are null and void to protect them from having to pay out super league wages but I have never seen anything that applies to championship 

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Not sure whether this is true or it is a myth that people keep bringing up,on relegation from super league the players contracts are null and void to protect them from having to pay out super league wages but I have never seen anything that applies to championship 

I was told a while back, before current relegation fears, that some players do have that 'opt out clause' in their contracts.....???

Can't see town paying championship wages which are on average £500+ at town at the moment if they get relegated so I think they will cover there own backs when it comes to relegation and player wages in league 1.

It's a fine line you get relegated players will probably want to say for winning pay in league 1 as you'd win a lot and lose few if contracts are still boosted by winning pay . Apparently haven hadn't budgeted to win so many games last season

3 hours ago, donald said:

It's a fine line you get relegated players will probably want to say for winning pay in league 1 as you'd win a lot and lose few if contracts are still boosted by winning pay . Apparently haven hadn't budgeted to win so many games last season

Probably not but getting in the play offs and the saints game has probably evened it out I'd assume

22 hours ago, Route66 said:

If relagated then yes the contracts are null and void, but most players in the squad will be only L1 standard anyway, of the 7 to 10 that could be Championship level the travelling ones will leave but locals with long term good paying jobs will either stay or be tempted to move to a close by club for a higher paying offer, especially if the neighbouring club stays in the Championship. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2022 at 08:28, Callum Linford 98 said:

Yes

Where have you heard this callum? I think your mistaken, why on earth would we sign lads to 2-3 year deals when there was every chance we would be relegated thus leaving us having to start from scratch next season. Nonsense imo 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

On 05/05/2022 at 11:10, Johnny Ringo said:

If relagated then yes the contracts are null and void, but most players in the squad will be only L1 standard anyway, of the 7 to 10 that could be Championship level the travelling ones will leave but locals with long term good paying jobs will either stay or be tempted to move to a close by club for a higher paying offer, especially if the neighbouring club stays in the Championship. 

Not sure we have 7 to 10 capable of playing championship if it’s not with us. Cain, Jamie, connor, Marcus and Matty Henson would be the only ones I’d fear us losing, the travelling lads simply haven’t been anywhere near good enough. Maybe Oscar Thomas out of the travelling lads 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Not sure we have 7 to 10 capable of playing championship if it’s not with us. Cain, Jamie, connor, Marcus and Matty Henson would be the only ones I’d fear us losing, the travelling lads simply haven’t been anywhere near good enough. Maybe Oscar Thomas out of the travelling lads 

Curtis Teare? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wonky said:

You just named 6 and someone named another and isn't the Prop Scholey still at Workington? I make that 7 and do not forget you need fringe players not just the best 17

Edited by Johnny Ringo

1 hour ago, Johnny Ringo said:

You just named 6 and someone named another and isn't the Prop Scholey still at Workington? I make that 7 and do not forget you need fringe players not just the best 17

My point is I can’t see us getting ransacked. And stevie will all depend on how he comes back from a serious injury, and there’s more chance of town winning the league this year than there is of Steve scholey leaving 

20 hours ago, Town Army said:

Curtis Teare? 

I'd also add Malik Steele to that group. Like to be proven wrong but like with Eli Miller and long term injury not confident of a successful return for Stevie