10-team Leagues

I'm not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forum but I read today that in the next couple of months it will be announced that the Championship and League One will become 10-team leagues.

Currently there are 25 non-SL sides, so I am wondering how this is going to work should the suggested restructure happen.

What happens to the 5 clubs who miss out? Can we expect them to form a 'non-league'-style league with other clubs outside the professional game? Will SL expand to 14 potentially leaving 3 clubs to sort out?

How do you see this playing out? 

Edited by HKR AWAY DAYS

5 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

I thought Mick was suggesting 2x 10s for SL and Championship, with League 1 disappearing 

It seems that way. His tweet where this has started from is saying that yesterdays win vs Dewsbury was one of their biggest results ever and that David Hughes would not want London Broncos in League One for when the two divisions of ten are announced in 2024. 

39 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

2x10 SL would be a disaster.

It would and it would be done for all the wrong reasons i.e to cut a shrinking pie less ways, not because it makes sense on any level.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

It seems that way. His tweet where this has started from is saying that yesterdays win vs Dewsbury was one of their biggest results ever and that David Hughes would not want London Broncos in League One for when the two divisions of ten are announced in 2024. 

HE also said last monday when Bulls played FEV Bulls were the better team

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

🤣🤣🤣 Fair one.

He must have got it from somewhere, like. 

The deeest depths of his ass usually, he's an idiot and talks utter garbage.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, POR said:

HE also said last monday when Bulls played FEV Bulls were the better team

Ah, but its the pitches fault when they lose, its too small/big/grassy/dusty/wet/dry/green/yellow....

24 minutes ago, Damien said:

It would and it would be done for all the wrong reasons i.e to cut a shrinking pie less ways, not because it makes sense on any level.

No it wouldn’t - it is the logical way forward to support France and allow ambitious clubs a platform to grow with like minded clubs by providing increased competition and the move between SL1&2 not a disaster

The caveat to its success will be  mandatory FT, min spend of say £1.2m in SL2 and a French tv deal  with 3/4 clubs in the structure

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

No it wouldn’t - it is the logical way forward to support France and allow ambitious clubs a platform to grow with like minded clubs by providing increased competition and the move between SL1&2 not a disaster

The caveat to its success will be  mandatory FT, min spend of say £1.2m in SL2 and a French tv deal  with 3/4 clubs in the structure

None of what you say will happen. 2x10s is not even a prerequisite to do any of what you say. It will not be SL2, it will be a renamed Championship.

• Like 3