Barrow Vs York

pennington

Another tough game for Barrow coming up tonight against the inform York. The only teams they have lost to in the league is Leigh and Featherstone which shows the quality side they are.

That being said Barrow have held there own this year and I’ll be honest I have a odd feeling we may just pull off a shock tonight. Jack wells is back at Barrow and should be playing tonight and that will add some power to the pack and added to that York have a reasonable journey to get here.

I am going to go with a Barrow win for tonight 28-20, with the first try scorer being Ritson and the MOM Stack. COYR. 

35 minutes ago, pennington said:

Another tough game for Barrow coming up tonight against the inform York. The only teams they have lost to in the league is Leigh and Featherstone which shows the quality side they are.

That being said Barrow have held there own this year and I’ll be honest I have a odd feeling we may just pull off a shock tonight. Jack wells is back at Barrow and should be playing tonight and that will add some power to the pack and added to that York have a reasonable journey to get here.

I am going to go with a Barrow win for tonight 28-20, with the first try scorer being Ritson and the MOM Stack. COYR. 

You will need to stand up to their pack which always play few ex SL  played six and get in the face of jamie ellis who pulls all their strings

26 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Looking forward to it tonight,hopefully get a good crowd in in front of the TV cameras.Up the Raiders👍🏻🏉

good offer from you guys on admission prices , your locals should get down there, not many from york being a bank hol and supporters not getting back to york by 1am at the earliest 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POR said:

You will need to stand up to their pack which always play few ex SL  played six and get in the face of jamie ellis who pulls all their strings

Good player at this level although he’s been out for the last 3 matches (all of which York have won with an aggregate of 112-36). Will be interesting to see if he plays. Either way I think it will be a close game with just a few scores in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Good player at this level although he’s been out for the last 3 matches (all of which York have won with an aggregate of 112-36). Will be interesting to see if he plays. Either way I think it will be a close game with just a few scores in it.

That's true AB but lets be fair you weren't exactly playing the creme de la creme 🤣

Excellent 2200 crowd tonight

Also Wheelers best game in a Barrow shirt tonight for me

Edited by morty
Added text
  • Like 6

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Was a tough game for Barrow, plenty of chances to win the game, haven’t got the size to power over the line tried enough times, that’s what we are lacking size! What’s happened to Carl Forster?

think Fozzie has been carrying an injury for a few weeks

Lee Morton

3 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Was a tough game for Barrow, plenty of chances to win the game, haven’t got the size to power over the line tried enough times, that’s what we are lacking size! What’s happened to Carl Forster?

Was thinking the same about the chances we had. A couple of daft errors cost us the lead and then we simply couldn't break through York's defensive line early in the second half when we were camped on their line for 4-5 sets.

Quite a few 'if only...'.  moments: Sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't. They battled all the way to the end, though and that's what I like to see.

Having said that, York are in that elite group of 4-5 at the top: As ever, our business is keeping our heads above Dewsbury, Workington and Whitehaven: anything else is a bonus.

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Having said that, York are in that elite group of 4-5 at the top: As ever, our business is keeping our heads above Dewsbury, Workington and Whitehaven: anything else is a bonus.

You forgot London D their not the sharpest knives in the drawer

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, POR said:

You forgot London D their not the sharpest knives in the drawer

We've already played them at home and they nabbed a draw at the death. I'm surprised they haven't got more points tbh.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spanishknight said:

You can only beat what's in front of you, the Knights have spent a lot less than Fev n Leigh, I'm happy with how our seasons going.

And so you should be.

• Like 1

Was very surprised how strong Yorks team was to be honest, especially the pack which boasted a lot of SL experience. 

I do think we have a chance of getting 6th but that's probably our limit. You can see the difference between us and Fev, Halifax, Batley, York and no doubt Leigh. These sides have had years to build up a battle tested championship side so we can't really complain. 

Huge 3 games coming up. Obviously a semi final next week but I believe if we beat Workington and Dewsbury we can play with a bit of freedom knowing relegation is near enough impossible as can't see the bottom 3 getting enough wins. 

• Like 1

this weeks semi is a game we don't need to be honest .. much more important games to come and we don't want any more injuries and could've done with a week off for the Worky game

• Like 3

Lee Morton