Reality Check

LeagueConvert

So...we are where we are but l have a few questions....

1. Would Sweeting and Smith done any worse than Sweeting and Sykes yesterday? Arguably not...Sweeting would have been kicking goals ..  6 points missed out on there. 

2. Why go for a bench of forwards when creativity is the key to beating the likes of London

3. When are we going to look to the future?

Just my opinion

Edited by LeagueConvert
change
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

So...we are where we are but l have a few questions....

1. Would Sweeting and Smith done any worse than Sweeting and Sykes yesterday? Arguably not...Sweeting would have been kicking goals ..  6 points missed out on there. 

2. Why go for a bench of forwards when creativity is the key to beating the likes of London

3. When are we going to look to the future?

4. Prediction for Featherstone game...Smith and Sweeting in the halves and slated when we lose

Just my opinion

I thought sweeting was pretty decent and linked well with Sykes. Other than 1 poor kick he did ok. But I very much get your point about looking to the future. 

Have to play Sykes against the likes of London me thinks.   We are lost without him. But with Beharrell out fir a while we should be giving Sweeting a good run.  He’ll be much needed in Champ 1 next year😜

• Like 1

I would definitely rest Sykes for the Fev game. It isn't one that we can reasonably hope to win, after all, and it allows the younger players to hone their partnership.

• Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Not sure team selection is our biggest problem. I think all the players in our squad are worthy of the shirt - the problem is when they put it on they all look they've been told different things.

We seem to lack aggression and co-ordination over the 80 minutes and, at best, only show it for brief spells.

London looked like they wanted to win more on Sunday, and showed aggression in attack and defence for the full 80. We only got our act together in the second half and even then it was somewhat shambolic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

BSJ serious question if you were in charge how would you approach this next game?

I would count the available, fit players, subtract that number from 17, then try like crazy to borrow sufficient to get a team on the pitch.

The coach is struck between a rock and a hard place. The fans are on his back; some on here are suggesting that the players aren't performing for him; we have a truly horrific injury and absentee list; we can't sign players despite trying hard to do so.

I don't think that there is anything constructive that I could suggest that would seriously improve the situation.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would count the available, fit players, subtract that number from 17, then try like crazy to borrow sufficient to get a team on the pitch.

The coach is struck between a rock and a hard place. The fans are on his back; some on here are suggesting that the players aren't performing for him; we have a truly horrific injury and absentee list; we can't sign players despite trying hard to do so.

I don't think that there is anything constructive that I could suggest that would seriously improve the situation.

Thanks for having the decency to reply BSJ and like I stated it was nothing more than a serious question. I agree with your comment especially regarding the suggesting anything constructive aspect. There are multiple issues in my opinion. It would appear that there is no form of leadership both on and off the field!

London for goodness sake. Who is in charge of motivating the team? Game over after 15 mins soft as putty down the middle channel again. How did they think London were going to come out of the traps at home against a team of supposed similar ability coming off the back of a four hour coach journey?

Lastly and I am going to state it. Chisholm is nothing less than a maverick. The Rams lacked an enforcer who may have let him know that he was not going to rule the roost!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Thanks for having the decency to reply BSJ and like I stated it was nothing more than a serious question. I agree with your comment especially regarding the suggesting anything constructive aspect. There are multiple issues in my opinion. It would appear that there is no form of leadership both on and off the field!

London for goodness sake. Who is in charge of motivating the team? Game over after 15 mins soft as putty down the middle channel again. How did they think London were going to come out of the traps at home against a team of supposed similar ability coming off the back of a four hour coach journey?

Lastly and I am going to state it. Chisholm is nothing less than a maverick. The Rams lacked an enforcer who may have let him know that he was not going to rule the roost!

I can't disagree with all that you say SS. The solutions evade me at the moment, sad to say.