Sun 8th May: 1895 SF: Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles KO 16:00

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Sheffield Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/22 at 15:30

Ate the games on TV?

Leigh by plenty

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

53 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Ate the games on TV?

Leigh by plenty

Indeed they are, on OurLeague. No idea on the cost, searched the website, can't see it mentioned anywhere. Maybe it shows the price on matchday, but all I can see is packages.

10 hours ago, clogdance said:

Indeed they are, on OurLeague. No idea on the cost, searched the website, can't see it mentioned anywhere. Maybe it shows the price on matchday, but all I can see is packages.

Both games (plus Cornwall v Hunslet) are free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

A whisper I heard is Blake Ferguson may be playing on Sunday, his registration is in tine for him to play in the 1896 comp.

Is the 1896 competition next year?

• Haha 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

6-8 now.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Leigh 6 Sheffield 10 at half time. You'd think Leigh will wear them down and perhaps run away with it in the 2nd half, but Sheffield full value for their lead so far and Leigh have looked distinctly rattled. Ipape in the bin for a high tackle, McDonald very lucky not to be carded for a reckless challenge. Leigh crowd booing the ref but as the commentators have said he has got most of the decisions right.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thought would be blowout.  Delighted to be wrong.  Good game this.  Expect Leigh to sweep them as Eagles tire but so far solid.  Leigh full of errors. 

And another one concedes a penalty to leave Eagles 10-6 up at half time. I'd expect fitness to tell in the end even if the level of Leigh's game doesn;t go up.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

12 all at the moment, but Sheffield's tiring defence is hanging together on a blend of hope, courage and desperation.

And, as I type that, McDonald is in after repeated attacks were stopped.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

12 all at the moment, but Sheffield's tiring defence is hanging together on a blend of hope, courage and desperation.

And, as I type that, McDonald is in after repeated attacks were stopped.

Converted for Leigh 18:12 Sheffield.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson