Sat 7th May: CCSF: Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 17:00 (BBC Two)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/22 at 16:30

I wouldn't have minded rovers getting to the final.

However, now i want a 51-0 loss. 

• Haha 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

24 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

or more accurately, the Director who can’t keep his neb out of the Rugby decisions has messed things up for them

Nah, when a coach is so disrespectful that phones his employer (on holiday in the States) to tell him he’s going to announce his departure to the waiting media in the next 2 mins, then there’s only one person to point at.

Smith is a slightly odd narcissist, no time for him anymore. I’d love nothing more than to see him fired, apart from that’s obviously what he’s tried to manipulate into happening with his actions so I’m loathe for him to get what he wants. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

18 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Game over.  Congrats giants, will save my concerns about how many they bring. 

Potentially Huddersfield Town in the play-off final at Wembley on the same weekend as the Challenge Cup Final.

Two thrillers out of three ain't bad, as the late Marvin "Meat Loaf" Aday once sang.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

Premature grounding ?

That's how it looks to me.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

That's how it looks to me.

Oh, hang on, it just touched the line. Fair enough.

I'm glad Rovers didn't get nilled, but they don't deserve much more.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done, Huddersfield. Pretty much in control from whistle to hooter.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Two completely different but nevertheless enjoyable games today. 

Just getting a glimmer of an urge to attend the final.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep,  someone on here suggested it might boost giants numbers if they make it a double header . I am of the alternative opinion that an extra night in a hotel and cost of ticket /day out would do the reverse.  

Hope I'm wrong. 

Let Huddersfield have their moment mate. Fantastic performance from a well coached team. I'm really chuffed for their fans. 

Great club with a glut of local players in the squad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As a Hull KR fan living in London, i was hoping a KR win & final appearance might help to soften the complete debacle that is London Broncos on and off the pitch & the knock on effect of their near death knell blow to London Skolars.

Todays performance leaves me nearly as disappointed as the the 50-0 loss to Leeds in the 2015 final! 🥲

Congratulations to Huddersfield & their fans 👏👏👏

Edited by dead man inc
  • Like 4

Huddersfield in control all the way through. I only saw the game up to 12-0 and then my family wanted to go over to the Leicester-Leinster rugby union. Came back at HT in that and 24-0 and then the Fages DG to push it out to a 5-score difference.

I thought the try in the last minute was fine. It touched the line and the KR player still had sufficient control. Glad they didn't get nilled.

And, yes, I cringe now when I hear Brian Noble and his silly, inane comments. ''The 4/1 favourite at Ascot'' sounds like him copying some Aussie commentator really badly. I have gone off him and find him forced, after quite admiring and enjoying his input 10/15/20 years ago. ''Just to let our viewers at home know'' and all those other comments that he keeps going to should be parked. Just call and comment on the game!

Good final in prospect. Interesting pairing. Two teams going well. Crowd will obviously be a worry, but I'm looking forward to it. No idea who starts as favourites after today.

Edited by StandOffHalf

Huddersfield played some lovely rugby and completely dominated the weakened Rovers side in every area of the field.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Thoroughly deserved by Hudds, but KR were off from the start and the injuries hobbled them badly. 

Ian Watson, he's just a great coach, as JJB said, when you do it at two of the smaller clubs, it ain't a coincidence. 

LOVED the J-Mac try, some of his teammates were more thrilled than he was.

Should be a good final as although Wigan will surely be favourites, Watson will have his team ready to give their best performance. 

Edited by Toby Chopra
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Todays performance leaves me nearly as disappointed as the the 50-0 loss to Leeds in the 95 final! 🥲

Wow, I must have missed that one.

The 2015 final made up for it though. 😉😜

• Haha 3
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Hull KR @hullkrofficial 09/04/2022 Semi-finals aren't for everyone LEAGUE ANTER HARRISON PARGELL PARCELL SOLWAY nnexin THIS AGED WELL"

Being smug often comes back to bite you on the ar se...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Hull KR @hullkrofficial 09/04/2022 Semi-finals aren't for everyone LEAGUE ANTER HARRISON PARGELL PARCELL SOLWAY nnexin THIS AGED WELL"

Being smug often comes back to bite you on the ar se...

Why, did the RFL decide to change your Quarter Final result and you made the semi after all? 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Let Huddersfield have their moment mate. Fantastic performance from a well coached team. I'm really chuffed for their fans. 

Great club with a glut of local players in the squad.

Taxi for Tottenham! 😂

Already booked, good job the amount of fans you have doesn't win games.

Quality over quantity, don't think I heard rovers fans much after 4.50 😌

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Giants , always been a fan of Watson , and my mate Hilly , hope to see you at WHL , missed the game , but sounds like it was a ' perfect ' display 

• Like 2